PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says Bosworth most hated CFB personality ever

Collier11
8/17/2009, 12:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4402807&sportCat=ncf

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 12:22 PM
Wow! There is alot hate going around for our beloved sooners.

badger
8/17/2009, 12:27 PM
I know Boz probably gets bothered a lot because he's famous and all, but there were a lot of five-year-olds at the Red/White game this year that got ignored.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/17/2009, 12:37 PM
Actually, if you read Forde's intro, the only rhyme or reason to the order of his list is alphabetical. The Boz is no more hated than the other 39, he just happens to be closest to the start of the ABC's.

Dan Thompson
8/17/2009, 12:40 PM
I don't hate him:)

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 01:34 PM
yah its in alpha order

soonervegas
8/17/2009, 01:39 PM
alphabetical = weak

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2009, 01:39 PM
Most of those entries are compliments - they made the list by performing well and beating folks.

Collier11
8/17/2009, 01:50 PM
Actually, if you read Forde's intro, the only rhyme or reason to the order of his list is alphabetical. The Boz is no more hated than the other 39, he just happens to be closest to the start of the ABC's.

I missed that part

rainiersooner
8/17/2009, 02:14 PM
Boz was one of the first athletes to call out the NCAA - for that alone, he's a hero to me.

cheezyq
8/17/2009, 02:16 PM
I contend that ESPN is the most hated CFB personality ever...but we all have our opinions.

Jacie
8/17/2009, 02:51 PM
I'd guess any former player from the 1986 UCLA offense rates him pretty high on their personal hate list . . .

AlbqSooner
8/18/2009, 06:19 AM
When Boz was at OU he was asked about being hated by lots of fans and other players. He rattled off something in Latin. The writer, probably without checking the accuracy of the translation, printed Brian's translation:

"Let them hate - so long as they fear,"

badger
8/18/2009, 07:11 AM
When Boz was at OU he was asked about being hated by lots of fans and other players. He rattled off something in Latin. The writer, probably without checking the accuracy of the translation, printed Brian's translation:

"Let them hate - so long as they fear,"

oderint, dum metuant. I only know it because it showed up on a wrestling shirt this past year.

stoopified
8/18/2009, 07:13 AM
In order to be hated you first have to be remebered.Obviously THE BOZ made an impact in college football.

picasso
8/18/2009, 09:13 AM
wow look. He gives Barry Switzer no credit for actually being a great football coach.:rolleyes:

Maximus Soonerus
8/18/2009, 09:19 AM
I contend that ESPN is the most hated CFB personality ever...but we all have our opinions.
I contend that the BCS scoring system is the most hated CFB "personality"

BoulderSooner79
8/18/2009, 10:14 AM
I contend that the BCS scoring system is the most hated CFB "personality"

It's been kind to the Sooners.

C&CDean
8/18/2009, 10:48 AM
I call bull****. Nobody could be hated more than Peter Gardere. Nobody.

sooneron
8/18/2009, 10:55 AM

I'm still laughing...:D

mikeelikee
8/18/2009, 11:32 AM
I give this about as much credence as I do Keith Blowberman's "Worst Person in the World" ranking--worthless!!

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2009, 11:57 AM
So...According to them we're supposed to hate the Boz along with the rest of college football???? I think not.

OUmillenium
8/18/2009, 12:05 PM
Boz was and is awesome. I felt like a superhero when I got a "Boz" haircut my Freshman year of HS. Played the funnest baseball tournament of my life that day, too.

Since71ASooner4Life
8/18/2009, 12:23 PM
Fantastic! I'm still trying to arrange that I attend the game in Miami in October, so I'll be comforted knowing that it's not just their fans that will hate to see one of my #44 jerseys. However, common sense will prevail and I'll wear the one that he signed with Tuck Fexas, and not the one which he additionally wrote *uck Miami Too! at my request. To me The Boz will always be one of the great faces of Oklahoma football, and the rest of the jealous punks out there are just going to have to accept that.

ouwapiti
8/18/2009, 01:15 PM
i didnt think much of him after i read his book ....especially disliked the attitude they 'apparently' took to the orange bowl game.....we're living and dying with ou football and they 'apparently' didnt really care....uncool

the_ouskull
8/18/2009, 01:44 PM

I called into the Animal (with Steely, as opposed to the Urinal, with anybody else...) one morning, and took some quiz he was doing. Anyway, least liked sports figure, or something like that was one of the questions, and I answered Peter Gardere, and apparently, even though he'd been doing it all morning, and I was one of the last callers, nobody else had named him.

There are too many OU "fans" out there that don't understand the true meaning of Christmas, I'm afraid. It's saddening.

the_ouskull

MR2-Sooner86
8/18/2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah he doesn't talk bad about Switzer...

beer4me
8/19/2009, 07:28 AM
Two things wrong with this list

No Mack Brown

It's not Kellen Winslow it's Kellen Winslow JR.

Jacie
8/19/2009, 09:52 AM
I called into the Animal (with Steely, as opposed to the Urinal, with anybody else...) one morning, and took some quiz he was doing. Anyway, least liked sports figure, or something like that was one of the questions, and I answered Peter Gardere, and apparently, even though he'd been doing it all morning, and I was one of the last callers, nobody else had named him.

Peter Gardere gets way too much credit. Yes, he is a legend amongst whorn faithful, but really all he did was not lose. It was the sa*et defense that should get the credit, and Oklahoma largesse (turning the ball over). The Sooner offense had more total yards in the first three games than the sa*et offense. Gardere's contribution is like Randy McEachern's times four.

1989 OU 24 UT 28: Whorns scored once on a punt return, kick two field goals and get a 2-point conversion on a blocked PAT to take a 21-7 lead. Sooners rally to go up 24-21 but the whorns mount decent drive late. Gardere had 5 completions including the game winner as OUr DB's couldn't cover.

1990 OU 13 UT 14: Another late drive, mostly behind the rushing of Butch Hadnot, and a jump ball in the endzone caught by one of the Cash brothers was the difference in this one.

1991 OU 7 UT 10: A fumble returned for a touchdown was the game winner.

1992 OU 24 UT 34: Results aside, this was Gardere's only good game versus OU.

the_ouskull
8/19/2009, 11:05 AM
It was also his last one... = the one that matters.

God, I hate that f*cking guy.

the_ouskull

BosworthXXXL
8/19/2009, 11:22 AM
In order to be hated you first have to be remebered.Obviously THE BOZ made an impact in college football.

LOVE THE BOZ

single greatest college linebacker ever........never another