PDA

View Full Version : Entourage

soonerinabilene
8/16/2009, 10:05 PM
How am i just now realizing that this is a good show?

JLEW1818
8/16/2009, 10:09 PM
is it worth getting into?? can somebody give me a comparison

silverwheels
8/16/2009, 10:12 PM
It used to be a good show; now I only watch it because of Ari, who's still at least in the top 3 of current TV characters. It hasn't been good since the first part of season 3.

Curly Bill
8/16/2009, 10:12 PM
I do this fairly often, a show will come out and be all the rage, and I just won't get into it, or even pay it any attention at all, only to realize later I should have been in from the start.

The Sopranos for example

soonerinabilene
8/16/2009, 10:30 PM
It used to be a good show; now I only watch it because of Ari, who's still at least in the top 3 of current TV characters. It hasn't been good since the first part of season 3.

the first three seasons must be really,really good cause ive watched the last two episodes and im hooked.

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2009, 10:34 PM

+1 This season has been a big disappointment so far.

silverwheels
8/16/2009, 10:40 PM
the first three seasons must be really,really good cause ive watched the last two episodes and im hooked.

The first 3 seasons are excellent, and I exaggerated about this season. It's still okay, but nowhere near the first 3. Check them out when you get the chance.

Lott's Bandana
8/16/2009, 10:58 PM
I do this fairly often, a show will come out and be all the rage, and I just won't get into it, or even pay it any attention at all, only to realize later I should have been in from the start.

The Sopranos for example

I did that with The Sopranos and The Wire.

Been watching Entourage for quite some time...kind of over the top with it's California cliche's, but Ari Gold is a hall-of-famer.

King Crimson
8/17/2009, 12:00 AM
+1 This season has been a big disappointment so far.

+2. running on fumes and relying on stock jokes. it was fun while it lasted.

ouleaf
7/12/2010, 11:56 AM
Welp....2 episodes into season 7 now and meh....Not a whole lot has happened. Hope it picks up quick.

Slightly intrigued by the young female agent that works for Ari, Lizzie Grant. The one that was banging Gary Cole's character, during the last season.

Other than that, more Sloan please.

BillyBall
7/12/2010, 12:36 PM

This is correct. It was much cooler when they were broke.

soonerboomer93
7/12/2010, 12:50 PM
more Sloan please.

Definitely, more Sloan.

HBick
7/12/2010, 01:13 PM
Vince annoys me to no end. But that said, the first three seasons were great, that's why I still watch it as well.

Most HBO shows I've noticed tend to be great early on, but spiral out of control towards the end.

ouleaf
7/12/2010, 01:31 PM
Vince annoys me to no end. But that said, the first three seasons were great, that's why I still watch it as well.

Most HBO shows I've noticed tend to be great early on, but spiral out of control towards the end.

Yeah if it weren't for Ari and Drama keeping the series afloat, I don't think it would have made it past season 5. Well...Ari, Drama, and the bevy of beautiful womens on the show.

There just comes a point where you can't really do much to develop a character any more and it gets hard to write for them....that's when you have to start relying on guest stars/cameos to move everything along.

the_ouskull
7/12/2010, 03:06 PM
The main problem that I've always had with the show was that we were supposed to believe that Vince is a great actor, not just a pretty boy... but the young man playing him, Adrian Grenier (sp?) is NOT a good actor.

Aside from that, I've always just considered it a show to watch before you went out and did sh*t with your boys. Once it started delivering messages and sh*t, I started wondering what happened to "good" Entourage, and why it was becoming "let's try to justify these awards" Entourage. Also, the celebrity cameos used to be kinda random, and cool. Now they're almost like product placement.. and usually let-downs.

I sold all of my DVD's back, but I still watch current episodes. Take from that what you will.

the_ouskull

CaliBornSoonerBred
7/12/2010, 05:13 PM
I can say I'm one of the biggest fans of Entourage but 2 eps into season 7 have left me also saying "meh". Season 4 is pretty depressing except Ari and Lloyd are hilarious throughout it. Season 5 is pretty funny and IMHO, one of the best 3 seasons. Season 6 will leave you kinda saying, HUH? Don't get me wrong, it has good moments and moments that are HUGE to the entire plot of the show but it is losing a lot of it's comedic value. I was able to get my old lady into watching it and she slowed down on episodes once she hit mid way through season 4.

SeattleOUstudent
7/12/2010, 06:31 PM
great show. And yes, youre late to the party.

http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/emmanuelle-chriqui-7.jpg

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:45 PM
You all do know that the story is loosely based on Marky Mark and his Funky Bunch getting into the movie business right?

Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson serve as the show's co-executive producers, and the show's premise is loosely based on Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming film star. The series deals with themes of male friendship and wild life in Hollywood. In accordance with this, numerous celebrities have guest-starred on the show.

Executive producer Mark Wahlberg confirmed that after the seventh season, six more episodes will air in 2011 concluding the series, which will then be followed by a film adaptation.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:51 PM
Watching Johnny Drama "Bug Out!" on Medical MJ made me LMAO.

NSFW

xt76x9zpm1A

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:55 PM
Johnny Drama on Weed being a Gateway Drug. :D

Again....NSFW

-FDp18WzkGk&NR=1

soonerboomer93
7/12/2010, 07:54 PM
The main problem that I've always had with the show was that we were supposed to believe that Vince is a great actor, not just a pretty boy... but the young man playing him, Adrian Grenier (sp?) is NOT a good actor.

Aside from that, I've always just considered it a show to watch before you went out and did sh*t with your boys. Once it started delivering messages and sh*t, I started wondering what happened to "good" Entourage, and why it was becoming "let's try to justify these awards" Entourage. Also, the celebrity cameos used to be kinda random, and cool. Now they're almost like product placement.. and usually let-downs.

I sold all of my DVD's back, but I still watch current episodes. Take from that what you will.

the_ouskull

I never took it that he was supposed to be a great actor. I always thought he was getting everything on slightly above mediocre ability and his good looks, who thought he was a great actor. I mean, he started in some low budget action movie, then ended up as aquaman. Until he did the Copolla movie, most everyone (except Eric) seemed more focused on using his looks. To me it's been more of a "coming of age/dealing with the industry, the celebrity et al."

The Matt Damon cameo from last season = greatness.

KC//CRIMSON
7/12/2010, 09:39 PM

the_ouskull

Look on the bright side, you only have to wait two more months for Dexter and Eastbound & Down.

ouleaf
7/12/2010, 09:50 PM
Look on the bright side, you only have to wait two more months for Dexter and Eastbound & Down.

^This^

KENNY POWERS IS BACK!!!

HBick
7/12/2010, 10:11 PM
^This^

KENNY POWERS IS BACK!!!

Don't forget Boardwalk Empire

sooner59
7/12/2010, 11:56 PM
Entourage is great. I never took it that Vince was supposed to be taken seriously by the "Entourage" viewers, just that he made it in the industry and all the celebrity stuff that goes on behind the scenes with cameos from every big name there is basically. The boys are being boys and living it up, the girls are hot and frequently naked, lots of booze and drugs, and some funny stuff as well. Drama is funny, but Ari is the reason I watch the show. His character is my favorite in all of television. Jeremy Piven was made for that role. Its definitely worth starting the series from season 1. It will hook you.

ouleaf
7/13/2010, 08:19 AM
Don't forget Boardwalk Empire

Definitely excited about that too.

HBick
7/14/2010, 08:13 PM
Just saw Sloan at the ESPY's, looking damn good as usual.

ouleaf
7/26/2010, 01:27 PM
Welp...any thoughts on Stamos being on this year. I think it is an okay addition, but wished they had gotten someone else for that role....someone Drama would really not like.

Definitely interested by the previews for the upcoming episodes though. Love the part last night where they showed Ari's buddy in rehab and all the other celebs that were in there with him.

HBick
7/26/2010, 03:33 PM
The show is garbage, a Sean Merriman cameo? Pathetic. I think Stamos could be interesting but he looks way too much like Vince which makes it hard for me to tell them apart.

Also, I'm tired of Turtle complaining about how everyone wants him because he knows Vince. Get the hell over it and embrace it. You started a business and it sucked, get over yourself and get back to being a driver.