PDA

View Full Version : I'm still no texass fan, but...

Okla-homey
8/16/2009, 07:32 PM
I guess I'll have to soften my stance against Texans on a personal level.

Here's the dealio. Last Thursday night, while we were still in SC, we got a frantic midnight call from our Blonde Daughter from somewhere south of Corsicana.

She was enroute to Houston to visit this feller she's taken a shine to and the car had quit. As in all trouble lights illuminated and it wouldn't start. On I-45, in the middle of nowhere.

She advised us she had the good sense to scan through the papers in the glove box, on which the roadside assistance number was printed. She called it. They rolled a wrecker from Corsicana to tow the car to the nearest dealership in Dallas.

The tow truck driver made sure he found her a safe motel in the vicinity of the Dallas dealership after he unloaded the car at the Dallas dealership before he headed home to Corsicana.

Then, and here's the cool part, the next morning, the service deptartment d00d determined the engine was trashed. $6K repair (timing problem -- cracked head and bent valves.) He called the manufacturer and explained what had happened and that although the car was out of warranty, the timing belt wasn't even scheduled for replacement until about the 100K mile point, thus, the manufacturer should cover it all. They agreed.:D

Now, IMHO, that was all pretty dang cool. And it was Texans who handled the whole mess.

yermom
8/16/2009, 07:34 PM
no plug for the make? :D

seems she drove a VW?

Curly Bill
8/16/2009, 07:45 PM
I got nothing at all against Texans, it's whorns I can't stand.

JLEW1818
8/16/2009, 07:56 PM

ditto

Boomer Mooner
8/16/2009, 08:16 PM

Agreed...hell, my kids are Texans. :texan:

Lott's Bandana
8/16/2009, 11:02 PM
I guess I'll have to soften my stance against Texans on a personal level.

Here's the dealio. Last Thursday night, while we were still in SC, we got a frantic midnight call from our Blonde Daughter from somewhere south of Corsicana.

She was enroute to Houston to visit this feller she's taken a shine to and the car had quit. As in all trouble lights illuminated and it wouldn't start. On I-45, in the middle of nowhere.

She advised us she had the good sense to scan through the papers in the glove box, on which the roadside assistance number was printed. She called it. They rolled a wrecker from Corsicana to tow the car to the nearest dealership in Dallas.

The tow truck driver made sure he found her a safe motel in the vicinity of the Dallas dealership after he unloaded the car at the Dallas dealership before he headed home to Corsicana.

Then, and here's the cool part, the next morning, the service deptartment d00d determined the engine was trashed. $6K repair (timing problem -- cracked head and bent valves.) He called the manufacturer and explained what had happened and that although the car was out of warranty, the timing belt wasn't even scheduled for replacement until about the 100K mile point, thus, the manufacturer should cover it all. They agreed.:D

Now, IMHO, that was all pretty dang cool. And it was Texans who handled the whole mess.

When you have daughters, those midnight phone calls sure nuff get the heart racing.

Curly Bill
8/16/2009, 11:12 PM
When you have daughters, those midnight phone calls sure nuff get the heart racing.

I know if Homey's daughter called me in the middle of the night my heart would be racing! ;) ;) :D

OUAlumni1990
8/16/2009, 11:12 PM

heck, half of the texans don't like horns either. It may be even more than half, I'm not sure... Then there is that percentage that don't care either way..

JLEW1818
8/16/2009, 11:27 PM
like i say

I'm not a fan of anything between Norman and Houston (cept Sooner fans along the way)

olevetonahill
8/17/2009, 12:06 AM
no plug for the make? :D

seems she drove a VW?

What yermom said ;)

unbiasedtruth
8/17/2009, 02:34 AM
are you sure the tow truck driver wasnt born and raised in Oklahoma.... sounds like it to me.... just sayin....

stoopified
8/17/2009, 08:31 AM
Hell I could never hate Texans,my dear departed mother was a Texan.Orange Cows,Collie Lovers,Tortilla Tossers and the sort DO make me ill however.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/17/2009, 08:33 AM
like i say

I'm not a fan of anything between Norman and Houston (cept Sooner fans along the way)

Amen my friend, Amen.

beer4me
8/17/2009, 08:38 AM
like i say

I kinda like I-35 North

Okla-homey
8/17/2009, 07:54 PM
UPDATE:

The "service advisor" who managed to talk the Swedes into paying for the repair is originally from Coweta. srsly.

It gets better. My daughter, who called to get the address of the wrecker co. to send a thank-you note to the driver for being so danged gallant about making sure she was safe...is from, wait for it...

Madill.

Therefore,

TUCK FEXAS!