PDA

View Full Version : **For those of you who rail against the Hip-Hop Culture...**

Lott's Bandana
8/16/2009, 01:50 PM
...and their celebration of all things material, like cars, hoe's, bling, Patron, violence, drugs and money in general:

Is the alcoholic attorney or doctor living in Gallardia with his trophy 2nd wife, girlfriend, displaced kids, Escalade and BMW, expense account padding and shaky tax avoidance schemes really any different?

He just ain't making rhymes about it...

:pop:

StoopTroup
8/16/2009, 01:52 PM
Your sure he knows he has kids?

Lott's Bandana
8/16/2009, 01:53 PM
Your sure he knows he has kids?

Well G, in the attorney's case, I assure you he's been sued for child support for them, so...yes.

;)

StoopTroup
8/16/2009, 01:55 PM
He still could have had another Attorney represent him while he was in Greece couldn't he? :D

AggieTool
8/16/2009, 03:19 PM
As a middle-aged black woman, I find this thread funny.:)

KABOOKIE
8/16/2009, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry, is there some sort of music culture the kiddos are listening to these days that glorifies this lifestyle?

tidalmouse
8/16/2009, 03:56 PM
WORD

goingoneight
8/16/2009, 04:36 PM
Hip-hop "culture" lol

JLEW1818
8/16/2009, 04:40 PM
i wish rap music was a felony

KABOOKIE
8/16/2009, 04:55 PM
75% of crap is well, rap.

tidalmouse
8/16/2009, 05:08 PM
Hip-hop "culture" lol

Archeologists may be digging up Bling and Grills and such one day.

beer4me
8/17/2009, 09:16 AM

Yea and I am really impressed by those that pull up to stop light or store and they have the radio's/stereo’s blasting at 140 db's and look around to see who all is watching them.

Yea culture alright.

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 11:13 AM
WORD

You know people don't say word anymore.

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2009, 11:20 AM
You know people don't say word anymore.word to ya momma. yo.

sooner ngintunr
8/17/2009, 12:23 PM
You know people don't say word anymore.

werd?!

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 12:35 PM
It's amazing to see you guys try to mock "the hip hop culture", when the majority of the the people who purchase the music are suburban teens. I live close to Burleson Texas, and there is always a young white boy blasting 50 cent or soulja boy in there brand new car.

picasso
8/17/2009, 12:47 PM
Doctors and attorneys with tax avoidance schemes? Yeah, that would go unnoticed.

picasso
8/17/2009, 12:48 PM
It's amazing to see you guys try to mock "the hip hop culture", when the majority of the the people who purchase the music are suburban teens. I live close to Burleson Texas, and there is always a young white boy blasting 50 cent or soulja boy in there brand new car.

and that's not any better.

My Opinion Matters
8/17/2009, 12:58 PM

I wish your posts were a felony.

SteelClip49
8/17/2009, 12:59 PM
Lil Wayne is why rap today is crap.

2Pac, Biggie, Nas, Snoop, Ice Cube, Ice T, etc...the 90s was nice as was the 80s where it was decent and you could actually listen to the words.

People like Lil Wayne make me sick and you know the music industry is screwed up when Album of the Year at the Grammy's went to Lil Wayne.

Not all rap is crap, not all hip-hop is crap but now what we have today is.

Three 6 Mafia and Eminem both are Academy Award winners for best original song....oh my!

StoopTroup
8/17/2009, 01:05 PM
Fo Shizzle my nizzle.

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 01:09 PM
and that's not any better.

there is perception that all rap music is loaded down with those negative sterotypes, and that's just not the case. The stuff you hear on the radio or see on mtv is what the studio knows will sell; but there are countless artists that have positive messages in there music, we mostly call it "conscience music" because it deals with politics, societal issues, and life in general. To be honest you will never hear it, because there isnt a high demand for it, and the people who perform it would never sell themselves for money and fame. Hip Hop has it's beginning in the 5 percent movement and doctrine. To simplify it, it's a believe that the blackman is God. That stuff you see on tv is fake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation_of_Gods_and_Earths#Teachings

Hip hop
From the early 1980s, Five Percenters are found among the American East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest. This spread, in part, uses the language of Supreme Mathematics, which represents universal law and order, and the Supreme Alphabet, which represents universal principles of life, ostensibly to forge solidarity with the inner-city youth through a common language.[10] The main theme of the Five-Percenter doctrine that can be heard on hip hop records is the teaching that the Original Blackman [sic] is God, the Original Blackwoman [sic] is the planet Earth, and through the inner esoteric powers of the Gods and Earths, the youth can transform and possess its true potential, which seems to overthrow the overbearing oligarchy by becoming just rulers of themselves.

Many terms that originated as Five-Percenter jargon have been adopted into the hip hop slang as well. For example, the term "G," which on the West Coast most consider to mean "gangsta" or "gang-banger"; but on the East Coast is in fact derived from the Five-Percenter belief that everyone of their Nation is God, or the letter G in the Supreme Alphabet. Other popular terms such as "word is bond," while having significantly older roots than the Five Percenters, were believed to have gained prominence through its use of the term, referring back to the Nation of Islam and the Five Percent's shared 120 Degrees.[3]

tidalmouse
8/17/2009, 01:22 PM
Blackman.Like Ralondo Blackman that played for the Dallas Mavericks?:confused:

I'm a Middle-aged White Man,that is if I live to be 96,so I've just never enjoyed very much Rap or Hip Hop Music.I don't discount anybody else's opinion on what Music they like.Everyone thinks their taste in Music is the Best,and I get that.
Basically I'm just jokin' round. :pop:

Collier11
8/17/2009, 01:23 PM
To be particular he is different cus these rap groups reach millions, he reaches a few

Collier11
8/17/2009, 01:25 PM
there is perception that all rap music is loaded down with those negative sterotypes, and that's just not the case. The stuff you hear on the radio or see on mtv is what the studio knows will sell; but there are countless artists that have positive messages in there music, we mostly call it "conscience music" because it deals with politics, societal issues, and life in general. To be honest you will never hear it, because there isnt a high demand for it, and the people who perform it would never sell themselves for money and fame. Hip Hop has it's beginning in the 5 percent movement and doctrine. To simplify it, it's a believe that the blackman is God. That stuff you see on tv is fake.

There is some really good rap/hip hop that no one ever hears...the problem is that radio and mtv only care about a good catchy beat so it doesnt matter to them what the words say no matter how rediculous or vulgar

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 01:33 PM
I listen to everything except country music. Johnny Cash stays in the cd player....oh, I like hendrix also.

I don't consider JC country. Cash is Cash and that's it.

picasso
8/17/2009, 01:42 PM

rap and r&b has been dead to me since the 90's.

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 01:55 PM
99.9% of kids that try to rap fail.... then what?

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2009, 02:00 PM
99.9% of kids that try to rap fail.... then what?obamacare.

Collier11
8/17/2009, 02:01 PM

Troy Football?

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 02:59 PM
I wish trolls were a felony.

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 03:00 PM

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/will-smith.jpg

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/will-smith-WI-1008-def-6497310.jpg

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 03:02 PM
still saying 99.9%

u just named 2 people out of millions

hell, i could name 100 rap artist who made it, what about the ones who don't

I love Will Smith by the way! he turned down college, he had the grades too

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 03:06 PM
What about the country singers who dont?
What about the football players who dont?
What about the business men who wind up on the streets digging in trash cans?

If you don't like rap, that's fine, but dont behave like rappers are better @ failing then anyone else who dream about being something in this world.

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 03:09 PM
I dreamed about being a baseball player, but I always made sure my grades were above avereage so i could go to college. I didn't become a baseball player.

backup plan

Most country singers have college degrees, or at least went to college. they sang second

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2009, 03:11 PM
Just wait til LAS get's a hold of this thread.

LosAngelesSooner
8/17/2009, 03:12 PM
Most country singers have college degrees, or at least went to college. they sang second
Link?

Proof?

Evidence?

LosAngelesSooner
8/17/2009, 03:12 PM
Just wait til LAS get's a hold of this thread.This thread really doesn't have much to offer other than the usual "Black people are scary and poor black people are not as good as poor white people" crap.

Turd_Ferguson
8/17/2009, 03:14 PM
This thread really doesn't have much to offer other than the usual "Black people are scary and poor black people are not as good as poor white people" crap.say's you.

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 03:15 PM
say's you.

Watch out. He'll go boo-hooin to the mods and get this thread closed too.

LosAngelesSooner
8/17/2009, 03:22 PM
say's you.Obviously.

LosAngelesSooner
8/17/2009, 03:25 PM
Watch out. He'll go boo-hooin to the mods and get this thread closed too.Ah...so now you're blaming me for "boo-hooing to the mods" about your last racist thread?

For the record, no...I didn't report a single thing in that thread, nor did I report the thread, nor did I contact the mods in any way regarding that thread.

The racism, rules violations and general assholishness of that thread stood on it's own two feet. You should be proud.

Lott's Bandana
8/17/2009, 03:34 PM
When I started this I was more commenting against hypocritical suburban materialism v. out-front urban materialism...both of which are frankly, culture-eroding, not culture-reinforcing.

I suppose I was giving the rap culture "credit" for not bothering to hide their blatant worship of wealth and disrespect of women.

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 04:10 PM
Ah...so now you're blaming me for "boo-hooing to the mods" about your last racist thread?

For the record, no...I didn't report a single thing in that thread, nor did I report the thread, nor did I contact the mods in any way regarding that thread.

The racism, rules violations and general assholishness of that thread stood on it's own two feet. You should be proud.

My last racist thread?

Mjcpr
8/17/2009, 04:11 PM
My last racist thread?

You know you all look alike.

Howzit
8/17/2009, 04:22 PM
My last racist thread?

You people really tick me off.

Mjcpr
8/17/2009, 04:29 PM
I have lots of friends that are thread starters.

Howzit
8/17/2009, 04:30 PM
Some of my best friends...

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 04:48 PM
You speak very well for a thread starter.

Sooner24
8/17/2009, 04:51 PM
Ah...so now you're blaming me for "boo-hooing to the mods" about your last racist thread?

He didn't report it to a mod he reported you to Brack. :eek:

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 04:52 PM
hahahahahaaa

Scott D
8/17/2009, 06:27 PM
lots of misrepresentation in this thread.

picasso
8/17/2009, 06:54 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/palm/blog/jalexander_375x375.jpg
I have lot's of black friends.

Sooner24
8/17/2009, 08:37 PM
Another incredibly stupid post by you. Sad. - LAS :D

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 09:15 PM
I think LAS could have an entire forum of negs.

Thanks for illustrating my point so clearly. - LAS

Frozen Sooner
8/17/2009, 09:38 PM
LB-

I got your point. I think that as a society the USA has always been materialistic. The notion of material wealth being the outward manifestation of God's favor was implicit in some of the Puritans' teachings. Nowadays we just take it a step or three further.

Ultimately art and culture reflect what we value.

Sooner24
8/17/2009, 09:50 PM
I think LAS could have an entire forum of negs.

Thanks for illustrating my point so clearly. - LAS

You should see the funny stuff people are saying about him in my reputation. :D That one thing I don't think he could do physically....but then again he might be able too. :eek:

Duck, incoming neg. :pop:

def_lazer_fc
8/18/2009, 12:15 AM

this is a well known fact. :confused: :rolleyes:

Collier11
8/18/2009, 12:22 AM
I think it is in the constitution

Lott's Bandana
8/18/2009, 09:44 AM
LB-

I got your point. I think that as a society the USA has always been materialistic. The notion of material wealth being the outward manifestation of God's favor was implicit in some of the Puritans' teachings. Nowadays we just take it a step or three further.

Ultimately art and culture reflect what we value.

After digging through the Madonna's and the statues of breastfeeding starlets?

I do hope someday some archeologist is sitting on a pile of rubble, staring at Campbell Soup cans and listening to "Brass Monkey".