PDA

View Full Version : FSN: NU VS. TTU

sooner59
8/16/2009, 04:01 AM
Just saw Wes Welker return 2 punts for TDs on FSN against 2001 Nebraska. But one got called back for holding. I played against him in high school so I have a grudge against him, but the guy was a gamer. I can't recall if Antonio Perkins had any punt return TD's called back, but Welker was the real deal. Now I can see why he is still in the NFL. The guy has heart. Props to him. At least he is an Oklahoma boy.

JLEW1818
8/16/2009, 10:15 AM
Wes was really fun to watch.. I can't remember what year it was, (i think 2002), they beat texas in a shootout, good game.

BillyBall
8/16/2009, 10:23 AM
Just saw Wes Welker return 2 punts for TDs on FSN against 2001 Nebraska. But one got called back for holding. I played against him in high school so I have a grudge against him, but the guy was a gamer. I can't recall if Antonio Perkins had any punt return TD's called back, but Welker was the real deal. Now I can see why he is still in the NFL. The guy has heart. Props to him. At least he is an Oklahoma boy.

I went to high school with Wes, he was/is one hell of a hard worker. The guy never came off the field, offense/defense/special teams (both kicking and returning).

Although I would have loved to have seen him play for OU, I think in the end it worked out best for all involved.

Sooner24
8/17/2009, 08:34 AM
I knew his dad Leland from work and I ask him about Wes going to Tech, back during his sophmore year. He said he always dreamed of playing for OU but when he was offered by Tech Wes said he couldn't turn it down. I think it probably worked out best for Wes as he was able to showcase his talent.

Statalyzer
8/17/2009, 05:18 PM
Wes was really fun to watch.. I can't remember what year it was, (i think 2002), they beat texas in a shootout, good game.

Yeah that was 2002. Tech won 42-38.

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 05:20 PM
hell of a game

soonerfan28
8/17/2009, 06:49 PM

The kid could play. I remember against Hominy in the 1998 semi-finals he had a punt return and kick return for a touchdown and I also believe he caught one and ran one in. It was crazy.

picasso
8/17/2009, 06:52 PM
The kid could play. I remember against Hominy in the 1999 semi-finals he had a punt return and kick return for a touchdown and I also believe he caught one and ran one in. It was crazy.

and he kicked a long field goal. Kid did it all.

Hominy was an average team that year.

and I believe it was '98.

soonerfan28
8/17/2009, 06:54 PM
It was 98, but Hominy did win it all in 2001 w/ a 3-0 win over Velma-Alma.