View Full Version : **Pre-game Handshake?**

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2009, 09:45 AM
Ghey?

Effective?

or a means for spreading Pig Flu?

NCAA encourages pregame handshakes

Associated Press

College football teams are planning to start the season off on a courteous note.
As part of a sportsmanship initiative, the American Football Coaches Association and NCAA are encouraging schools to arrange teamwide handshakes on the field before kickoff.
Grant Teaff, executive director of the AFCA, says college football players and teams are in a pressure-packed environment and that encouraging respect and sportsmanship is important.
Coaches are required to shake before and after games, but having players do it in an organized way is new. The handshake is only planned for the first week of games, and is not mandatory, though Teaff says all schools have been asked to participate.

Ida done a poll but I'm not a sponsor no more.

Curly Bill
8/15/2009, 09:47 AM
Ghey

Shoulda been a pole. ;)

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2009, 09:50 AM
Pig flu.

Coaches will intentionally infect red-shirt and bench players with the flu and send them on a mission to shake hands with the opposing starters. I just bought stock in the company that sells latex gloves.

walkoffsooner
8/15/2009, 09:50 AM
stepping stone to gay marriage

walkoffsooner
8/15/2009, 09:51 AM
most gays are allergic to latex

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2009, 09:52 AM
Ghey

Shoulda been a pole. ;)

You right, CB.

SF didn't want my $$ no more.

Curly Bill
8/15/2009, 09:54 AM
You right, CB.

SF didn't want my $$ no more.

Can I have it? :D

Soonerus
8/15/2009, 10:16 AM
I am OK with it...It is done in other sports...

oudivesherpa
8/15/2009, 10:21 AM
How about a fist bump?

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2009, 11:44 AM
NCAA encourages pregame handshakes

Associated Press

College football teams are planning to start the season off on a courteous note.
As part of a sportsmanship initiative, the American Football Coaches Association and NCAA are encouraging schools to arrange teamwide handshakes on the field before kickoff.
Grant Teaff, executive director of the AFCA, says college football players and teams are in a pressure-packed environment and that encouraging respect and sportsmanship is important.
Coaches are required to shake before and after games, but having players do it in an organized way is new. The handshake is only planned for the first week of games, and is not mandatory, though Teaff says all schools have been asked to participate.

Required.

<facepalm>

ouduckhunter
8/15/2009, 12:47 PM
How about a fist bump?

Or a friendly Head Butt?

setem
8/15/2009, 12:52 PM
There will be more fights!