PDA

View Full Version : More ESPiN Stupidity...

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 08:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Normally, Ivan Maisel is an an oasis in the desert of stupidity that is ESPiN, but now the moronic tones of the "Worldwide Loser" have gotten to him, too. On his All American Team, there is no Sam, no Gerald McCoy, no Trent Williams, and no Travis Lewis. Instead of putting Gerald on there, he decides to go with a 3-4 look, and leave Gerald out. GERALD MCCOY COULD END UP BEING THE #1 PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT, AND MANY EXPERTS THINK HE'S THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LAND!!!! Instead of T-Will, they go with Black of LSU, and Okung of lOSUr. Both of those guys are good, but T-Will is BETTER!! With the love for Tebow, I am not surprised with leaving Sam out, but I bet my next paycheck that their 2nd team would have Pony Boy there ahead of him (in fact Tim Griffin, the Lead Big XII writer, has Colt ahead of Sam on the all conference team). Now with that last one, when was the last time a returning Heisman winner wasn't even Preseason All Conference the next season? Only in the Bizarro world of ESPiN. :mad:

Widescreen
8/15/2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I understand Sam not being on a national team. But for him not to be pre-season First Team All Big 12 - I just can't understand that. Has that ever happened before? The man only won the Heisman last year. What else does he have to do?

Soonerus
8/15/2009, 10:09 AM
assinine....

OUmillenium
8/15/2009, 11:36 AM
This FL/Teoverblown stuff has got to backfire...right? As in FL gets 2-3 losses this year and no Heisman.

yermom
8/15/2009, 11:50 AM
if you take off the Crimson shades, Tebow and McCoy are pretty valid choices compared with Bradford. especially if you consider the extra game played after the Heisman was given out and head to head...

it's hard to find flaws with any of them on the field

bluedogok
8/15/2009, 12:46 PM
I wish all of the opinidiots would leave OU and any OU player off any kind of award/ranking list...it seems to "motivate" them a little more than when they are blowing sunshine up their rears 24/7.

OUmillenium
8/15/2009, 12:58 PM
...is not possible

salth2o
8/15/2009, 01:09 PM
Last I checked...preseason polls or all whatever teams don't mean squa-doush.
The only rankings I care about are the ones at the end of the year.

Maisel is also a duuuummmb a$$.

tommieharris91
8/15/2009, 01:58 PM
*sees that there are more okie light players than OU players on the list*
*hears aggy bragging already*
*shakes head*

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 02:29 PM
The one that angered me the most was leaving Gerald McCoy off of the First Team, and he did it by selecting the team as a 3-4. In college, only a few teams run that Defense ('Bama comes to mind). To leave possibly the best defensive player in the land off of the First Team is just irresponsible. It would be tantamount to leaving LeBron off of the 1st Team All NBA so you could put 3 guards on the team. It makes no sense.

rainiersooner
8/15/2009, 03:41 PM
Leaving Gerald McCoy off is my only real complaint. I think Sam is a better QB than either Colt or Tebow, but honest minds can disagree on that....I see no reason for Travis Lewis to be there now, but he could be at the end of the season, as could Trent Williams.

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2009, 05:03 PM
Pick PonyBoy or Tebow but at least mention Bradford out of respect.

That was irresponsible or done on purpose, one or the other or both.

JLEW1818
8/15/2009, 05:08 PM
I'm all pre-season ranked out.....

3 weeks bitches!!!

MichiganSooner
8/15/2009, 05:12 PM
Awww, who cares about Espn? We'll show em on the field. Take em all to the woodshed. East coast bias and all that stuff. Hey son, will ya pull the brick outta our TV?

SoonerLB
8/15/2009, 06:12 PM
Why should we expect any more of ESPN than to remain in the usual position, on their knees in front of the SEC and big(bwaaahaahaaaa)10.

soonermagic14
8/15/2009, 10:18 PM
Screw espn... Apparently CBS believes in OU- CBS had a college football preseason special on today. In the predictions of the 3 guys the 1st guy picked that school in austin to play Florida in what he called "another rose bowl instant classic"....but the other 2 guys picked a rematch with OU/Florida saying that Huepel told him they missed out on some key opportunities in the red zone that game and would love another opportunity to cash in.

They were high on Okie St too

PLaw
8/16/2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I understand Sam not being on a national team. But for him not to be pre-season First Team All Big 12 - I just can't understand that. Has that ever happened before? The man only won the Heisman last year. What else does he have to do?

Stop freakin' out - this type of media bias will become locker pin-up motiviation. It's cool by me. In fact, go ahead and say Mack is a better coach than Bob, muschamp is better than BV, and go right on down the list.

Get ready for a great SOONER season - focus, commitment, sense of urgency, and playing to win are all going to be front and center.

BOOMER

IronHorseSooner
8/16/2009, 09:16 AM
With all this disrespect, this team is going to be like a pack of rabid wolves unleashed upon Bevo!

BillyBall
8/16/2009, 09:21 AM
if you take off the Crimson shades, Tebow and McCoy are pretty valid choices compared with Bradford. especially if you consider the extra game played after the Heisman was given out and head to head...

it's hard to find flaws with any of them on the field

Hey now, there is no room for logic here...

cheezyq
8/17/2009, 09:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Normally, Ivan Maisel is an an oasis in the desert of stupidity that is ESPiN, but now the moronic tones of the "Worldwide Loser" have gotten to him, too. On his All American Team, there is no Sam, no Gerald McCoy, no Trent Williams, and no Travis Lewis. Instead of putting Gerald on there, he decides to go with a 3-4 look, and leave Gerald out. GERALD MCCOY COULD END UP BEING THE #1 PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT, AND MANY EXPERTS THINK HE'S THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LAND!!!! Instead of T-Will, they go with Black of LSU, and Okung of lOSUr. Both of those guys are good, but T-Will is BETTER!! With the love for Tebow, I am not surprised with leaving Sam out, but I bet my next paycheck that their 2nd team would have Pony Boy there ahead of him (in fact Tim Griffin, the Lead Big XII writer, has Colt ahead of Sam on the all conference team). Now with that last one, when was the last time a returning Heisman winner wasn't even Preseason All Conference the next season? Only in the Bizarro world of ESPiN. :mad:

See, here's the problem:

You look at outlets like ESPN, Dallas Morning News, Daily Oklahoman, KC Star, etc. as NEWS outlets. The problem is, there is no such thing as "news" anymore. Everything is a story, and every story is an opinion. Every opinion is given based on the biases of the writer. You see, "news" used to be about the facts, allowing the reader to form an educated opinion.

ESPN doesn't even claim to be "news" anymore. Entertainment and Sports Network. They don't care that they're biased, either, as they just hire any former sports star that can put half a sentence together and looks decent in a suit. If that sports star has a bias against OU, or doesn't have a clue how to put 1+1 together to make 2, it doesn't matter, as long has he has an opinion and people know him. It's instant "credibility" just because people know who that is and he/she MUST know what they're talking about, right?

We're moving closer to Mike Judge's view of the future as seen in the movie Idiocracy.