PDA

View Full Version : Jermie Calhoun

SoonerInFortSmith
8/15/2009, 12:04 AM
For anyone who was at the open practice:
Calhoun had a couple good looking runs in the hilite vids. Did he really look that good in person?

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 09:16 AM
And this is OUr 4TH STRING RB!!!! Wow, we are loaded!

stoopified
8/15/2009, 09:27 AM
And this is OUr 4TH STRING RB!!!! Wow, we are loaded!Actually Calhoun is #3,remeber Madu is now a slot reciever.Your point however is valid,we ARE loaded.

PLaw
8/15/2009, 09:33 AM

Yeah, but I still wish Johnson was still on campus.

BOOMER

bixby28
8/15/2009, 01:02 PM
I didn't see Calhoun in person but will agree that he had a few nice runs on the scrimmage highlight film. He's gonna be a good one.

Seamus
8/15/2009, 01:54 PM

You want your players to be willing to work -- willing to fight -- for their jobs and willing to battle each other for playing time. You want them to have the heart of a lion, the heart of a warrior.

Johnson has the heart of a hairdresser.

gaylordfan1
8/15/2009, 01:58 PM
He looked pretty good in person... Still hard to assess, the line was all flip flopped. Plus it's not like the D was head hunting. But he did break off about a 15 yrd run.

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 02:39 PM
I meant 4th counting Mossis as still an RB, because he will likely see time at both places. The key point is that this position is absolutely LOADED! If you throw in that Clapp is a Mike Alstott style FB/RB, then this even furthers the point that this backfield might be the best since Barry was here.

Sooner MagicJ
8/16/2009, 03:28 AM

He is our third string rb lol Mudu was moved to WR

soonerfan28
8/16/2009, 11:10 AM
Calhoun looks like he's running w/more power then he did last year and I think he's gonna be one hell of a powerback when he actually gets to play.

cheezyq
8/17/2009, 09:09 AM

BOOMER

Wow, I missed that he transferred. That's really sad. Next year he's looking at something like what we have now with Murray and Brown, only with Calhoun. Isn't this also the same kid who said, "I just want to play for OU, I don't care where they put me", or something similar when he committed? I guess it makes me appreciate guys like Chris Brown, who have the talent to start full-time, but the heart and maturity to put the team first.

badger
8/17/2009, 09:16 AM
Our offensive players will be so adaptive to any position that our schemes will be like those old school table top games where the players rattle around until they're all in the endzone... and the opposing players of course have all toppled over :D

http://www.kotulas.com/wcsstore/KOTStore/images/product/199099_lg.jpg

Catch 22
8/17/2009, 09:24 PM
Did anyone see the interview with Clapp, where he said he would see more time in some tailback sets...running the ball? I believe it was on soonersports

setem
8/17/2009, 09:41 PM
Matt Clapp looked right carrying the ball!

JLEW1818
8/17/2009, 09:42 PM
why not let him run on the 4th and goal.. back in Jan?? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh