PDA

View Full Version : Dear Jim Traber...

the_ouskull
8/14/2009, 04:57 PM
...paraphrasing Eric, from this week's episode of Vampire P*rn, "Don't talk about things that you don't understand." In this case, the subject to which you are clueless is sports.

Your attempts to attack Nick Collison for not enjoying Oklahoma's summertime weather compared to Washington's are pathetic and transparent. The only reason that I'm not going to call it out for what it TRULY is, is because then people might say the same thing about my writing this to you in hopes that one of your "handlers" shows it to you and that it awakens you to a world of which your presence has been deprived... the world of common sense.

(You are making a transparent to attach some controversy to yourself by going after someone with a larger name than you. I have no such aspirations, but, if you want to say that that is the case, feel free. It'll be like your radio show. You put a lot of words in people's mouths on there, too... when you're not trying to yell over them, and actually let the smart people talk for a bit...)

Nick Collison ranked in the Top 25 in the whole NBA in rebounding rate, which measures the percentage of available rebounds that a player gets during their time on the floor, and is much more reliable than simply looking at rebounding numbers... in fact, Collison's rebounding rate was higher than Chris Bosh's, Lamar Odom's, Pau Gasol's, Nene's, Ben Wallace; who all he DOES is rebound, and LaMarcus Aldridge. That's not exactly poor company to be looking down upon.

Nick Collison represents the kind of selflessness that you rarely, if ever, find in a professional athlete anymore. Granted, being a professional athlete isn't something you'd know a lot about.. but more than I, I suppose. Ironic, isn't it, that I'm the one that seems to have a better idea of what is right and wrong than you do, though? Not really.. See, it works like this:

Being a professional athlete, past, present, or future, in NO way qualifies you to make profound moral or professional judgements on others. If you have other qualifications, like a license to practice psychiatry, then perhaps you have an argument. Otherwise, you don't. You are no more morally sound than the next guy that talks about Jesus on the radio and beer at the poker table. I'm not even attacking you for it. Personally, I admire your ability to mire comfortably in your level of hypocrisy. Most people would have drowned right now.

But that'll never happen in Oklahoma. It's a "dry heat," here, you see...?

Going after someone relevant will not make you relevant, and if you run off our only good rebounder because you thought you were on some kind of holy crusade to protect the sanctity of the State of Oklahoma in lieu of the right of free speech in the United States of America, then maybe you can drag your fat *ss out there and grab us seven boards a game for your career. Use those "skills" that you mentioned when you were talking about being able to beat Stacey Dales in a game of one-on-one... another blatant, and blatantly transparent publicity stunt.

You're not a reporter, Jim, you're a stuntman... kinda like the fat kid that would eat anything for a dollar. But we're not that, so stop trying to force-feed Oklahoma City and the entire state your crap!

the_ouskull

(Signed in the manner in which I have always signed my letters. If you want to ramble about "anonymous attacks over the internet," and blah, blah, blah, feel free... but it's not like I'm hiding my name, either; and I certainly won't hide BEHIND it... ahem...)

soonervegas
8/14/2009, 05:34 PM
Did Traber have Collison on the air to ask about it?

If he did that is an absolute embarrassment. (That the subject was even brought up)

Pricetag
8/14/2009, 10:37 PM
Collison called in this afternoon, and pwned Traber. When Craig Humphreys and Berry Tramel didn't back Jim up after the call was over, he started acting like a baby. I got home at 5:00, so I didn't hear any more after the break.

I was impressed by how logically and coherently Collison refuted everything that Jim had to say. He never got close to losing his cool. He heaped praise on the fans of Oklahoma City, as well as the management and ownership of the Thunder.

What Traber wanted Collison to do was to admit that he liked Seattle more than OKC (or otherwise to admit that the city of Seattle had given up on the Sonics/take a dump on the city). It was a completely unfair question that Collison could not answer truthfully if, indeed, he does like Seattle better. So what if he does? Does that make him an a-hole or something? He began a pretty significant era of his life there, and lived there for six years. The city will probably always be special to him for that reason.

In the end, Traber basically said that he was wrong for putting words in Collison's mouth, but that he didn't buy what he had to say in response. Basically, he plugged his ears and went, "La la la la la!" If Jim continues to talk about it, IMO, it will be completely irresponsible on his part because what he has to say can make Collison look bad to fans who don't know. I hope he has dropped it, but I doubt it.

I think Jim's intentions were probably pretty good in the beginning. He just wanted to stick up for OKC. But his dogged determination to pursue this angle just makes him look like he has an inferiority complex toward the other NBA cities.

Pricetag
8/14/2009, 11:51 PM
You are making a transparent to attach some controversy to yourself by going after someone with a larger name than you.
I thought it was pretty obvious when he mentioned that he was a professional baseball player that he was trying to get himself to Collison's level, and it didn't apply one bit.

I think I have one thing that might apply about his professional career, though. I wonder how he felt about going to Japan when he first learned that it would be happening? Forget that it was a demotion--we're talking strictly about geographical and cultural preferences, probably developed with almost no knowledge about where he was headed. Think he might have rather stuck around The States?

For that matter, I'd like to see the percentage of all people who are fired up about being transferred by their job, particularly when it is not yet certain. Since the discovery of the wonders of agriculture, it has been our tendency as a species to stay put. To use that as the lynchpin of an attempt to make Collison out to be some kind of OKC hater is terribly unfair, IMO.

Hella Sideburns
8/15/2009, 12:18 AM
http://podcasting.fia.net/6779/3871196.mp3

here's the url of Collison flat owning Traber

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2009, 01:10 AM
Traber is a goddamn joke.

the_ouskull
8/15/2009, 02:32 AM
I listened to a little bit of it this afternoon, got pissed, then posted my rant. Listening to the rest of it, I feel, REALLY justifies me instead of my feeling only fairly justified. (And I never heard the "I was a professional ballplayer" line come from Traber, but I had no doubt he'd pull it. Go me.

the_ouskull

starclassic tama
8/25/2009, 05:14 PM
collison thinks oklahoma is full of white trash, i know this to be true first hand. traber called him on it and collison called in and tried to backtrack.

Pricetag
8/25/2009, 05:51 PM
First hand, huh? Well, you'd better get that information public pronto, because he made Traber look silly on the show.

Breadburner
8/25/2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g&feature=related

starclassic tama
8/25/2009, 09:44 PM
First hand, huh? Well, you'd better get that information public pronto, because he made Traber look silly on the show.

i'm not going to air a private conversation on a public board. but believe me (or don't, doesn't really matter) collison has had A LOT worse to say about OKC than what his little twitters say. i never really agree with traber on anything and don't care for him much, but gotta back him here. collison and bill simmons can both eat a bag of dicks with their noses up in the air, i love living here and this city is only going up and that is my final answer.

Gresho Murford
8/25/2009, 11:19 PM
i'm not going to air a private conversation on a public board. but believe me (or don't, doesn't really matter) collison has had A LOT worse to say about OKC than what his little twitters say. i never really agree with traber on anything and don't care for him much, but gotta back him here. collison and bill simmons can both eat a bag of dicks with their noses up in the air, i love living here and this city is only going up and that is my final answer.

whatever man. even if it was a "firsthand" conversation there is no way any sane person would back traber. He had nothing. His arguments were weak and ridiculous. Collison never said anything bad about OKC. Your right that it doesn't really matter b/c you are full of it

starclassic tama
8/25/2009, 11:28 PM
Collison never said anything bad about OKC.

false

Gresho Murford
8/25/2009, 11:31 PM
false

link? saying the weather sucks or that he wishes he was in seattle is not saying anything bad about okc.

the_ouskull
8/25/2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah tama... don't just hide behind the "you guys are just gonna have to trust me" card. All evidence points to Traber = ******. As long as Collison plays hard for Oklahoma City, and he does, as I've pointed out already, I don't care what else he does, says, believes. Guess what? There are atheists in the NBA. Lots of people in Oklahoma believe in God. Should we not want an atheist on our team? As long as they play hard, and work hard, should it matter? No. It shouldn't. Seattle was his first home away from college, as a grown-*ssed man. He was there for six years. It's natural to fall in love with a place under those circumstances, and I don't fault him for it. It humanizes him. Also, if he's "bashing Oklahoma," or whatever, GOOD. He played at KU. I would expect no less. News Flash: Every time you, or any other Sooner fan, talks smack about Stillwater... you're bashing Oklahoma. (Well, I mean, technically...) You think Sooner fans don't bash Stillwater? Or Austin? Or Collie Station? Or even Lawrence? Yeah, WE do.

He plays hard, and he does all of the things that are required of him and more (public appearances, etc..) which is all you can ask of him for his salary. In addition, he works hard off the court, and does more than he should be able to do, given his physical "gifts," going agains.... ne'er mind. I have already made this argument. Go read it there.

the_ouskull

Collier11
10/12/2009, 01:33 PM
Yea Tama, cus you are the first person any of us on this board would trust. You have proven yourself to be so trustworthy, so honorable in your actions

starclassic tama
10/12/2009, 03:01 PM
when have i ever lied or been proven untrustworthy? what the hell are you talking about? pull that sand out of your vag, i'm sorry i said derogatory things about your baby jesus

Collier11
10/12/2009, 03:03 PM
has nothing to do with it, has to do with the fact that you serve no purpose on this board other than being a glorified troll so why would anyone take your 'expertise' and knowledge of said topic to be fact? No one gives a sh*t what you say and I promise you no one believes you.

starclassic tama
10/12/2009, 03:22 PM
collier11, message board superstar everyone! i'm glad you speak for everyone here. i get plenty of positive spek from a lot of the smart people on here. of course it doesn't come close to outweighing the hours that vet or jlew spend negging me with thought provoking comments such as sdlk, cxp, ywen, but i'll take it!

Collier11
10/12/2009, 03:27 PM
I never said I speak for everyone, but I know the overwhelming opinion of you. You have no respect for anyone or their opinions and you would rather be an *** than have intelligent and respectful discussions with others on this board, therefore you are worthless

starclassic tama
10/12/2009, 03:35 PM
thanks sweetheart

Collier11
10/12/2009, 03:39 PM
The way I see it is you should always show the same respect and talk to people in a way that you would in person, in my case I try to do that and I feel like I do 99% of the time unless im pushed.

You on the other hand are someone who hides behind their onscreen moniker and thinks they can talk to people anyway they want and disrespect people anyway they want. The great thing about the world for those that are smartazz pricks 99% of the time is that karma comes back and bites them in the *** eventually.

For the record before you go whining, im not being a "internet tough guy", im not threatening you, im simply saying that the time will come when your overall attitude and common disrespect will come back to you tenfold. Til then, Enjoy!

starclassic tama
10/12/2009, 04:36 PM
thanks sweetheart