PDA

View Full Version : REAL America CAN!!

soonerloyal
8/14/2009, 01:32 PM
Watch out fer this thar language, if yer faint o' heart, though :O

Life expectancy at birth (years)
1. Japan — 82.6
38. USA — 78.2

World Health Organization’s ranking of the world’s health systems (2000)
1. France
37. USA

Now I don’t know why quitters like Sarah Palin and second-raters like Newt Gingrich don’t think Americans are smart enough and tough enough to beat the damn French and Japanese on living the longest. But I for one say that we can do it. And if those a**wipes don’t screw it up with their whining and their second-guessing, we’re sure as hell GOING to do it.

Dammit, this is the country that marched into France and took care of their Nazi problem for ‘em! And now Sarah Palin is telling us that those Frogs are better than us at kicking the crap out of germs and cancer and friggin’ heart disease? The hell they are! That damn Wasilla quitter may be scared of a challenge, but I’ll put my money on real Americans having the stones to square off against a bunch of existential philosophers. Who’s with me?

This is the country whose president challenged us to play golf on the damn moon. And we did it! Did the Japanese play golf on the moon? Don’t make me laugh. And now snivelling cowards like Sean Hannity are just ready to roll over and concede that those same Japanese have almost FIVE FRICKING YEARS more p***-and-vinegar in them than Americans? Alan Shepard would beat Sean Hannity down with a 7-iron if he were alive today. In a full spacesuit. Audie Murphy would take one look at that quivering little sissy and Hannity would be messng himself out of Rush Limbaugh’s arsehole. Freaking Liberace got more legitimate (edited) than Hannity, Limbaugh, O’Reilly and Beck combined.

But I digress. Right now, there’s 37 countries ahead of us on the life expectancy list. And every damn one is full of people who are happy to watch a sport that always ends in a tie. I don’t know what major malfunction makes Republicans such crybabies that they’re afraid to man up against BLEEPIN' SOCCER but REAL Americans like games where SOMEBODY ALWAYS WINS AND SOMEBODY ELSE ALWAYS LOSES. Sports that involve broken necks and bitten-off ears and concussions and knees that bend backwards at sickening angles. Real Americans are in it to win it and they know that being No. 38 in the biggest game of them all IS NOT FRICKING CUTTING IT.

So you can listen to Sarah Palin and Chuck Grassley and James Inhofe and Michelle Malkin and all the rest of the hapless jackasses who are apparently content to be second-rate schmucks, just pleased as all hell to be the Washington freaking Generals of the world stage.

Or you can get on board with what America used to be about, what America still ought to be about and dammit, what America’s gonna be about again pretty damn soon. They say we can’t. I say we can. They say we’re doomed to be frail little timid things that cave into death before a bunch of Europeans and Asians and even the fricking Canadians. I say that if we put our minds and our hearts into it, we can have it all and still come out the winner in this contest. I say we’re Americans, dammit, and we can figure out how to drink and smoke whatever the hell we want and eat all the crappy food we want, and (edited) and gamble and party and do tons of blow, and STILL look the Grim Reaper in the eye and tell that morbid dou**bag to go **** himself.

And if you’re a real American, I bet you think that too.

-----Unknown Patriot

I don't keer who ya are, that's FUNNY.
:D

SoonerKnight
8/14/2009, 07:19 PM
:D

SoonerKnight
8/14/2009, 07:20 PM
:pop:

The Remnant
8/15/2009, 11:10 AM
Drive-by shootings and other garden variety murders tend to lower the life expectancy.

The Remnant
8/15/2009, 11:12 AM
Sterilizing prison inmates may help.

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2009, 11:13 AM
Drive-by shootings and other garden variety murders tend to lower the life expectancy.

Sarah Palin, ladies and gentlemen!

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/15/2009, 02:39 PM
The life expectancy is a sham anyway. How many 18 to 25 year olds died in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea..so forth and so on. Imagine if they had lived to be 50 or 60 even. The Life Expectancy would rise at least 5 to 10 years EASILY

OUHOMER
8/16/2009, 08:21 AM
yea, lets listen to the like of Barney Franks, you know the one who sat by and watched the mortgage deals go unchecked until it was to late, who was warned there's a problem. But said he see's no issues.

Yea, I trust him..

Collier11
8/17/2009, 03:32 PM
Franks is a ****** to the fullest and should be in jail

KC//CRIMSON
8/17/2009, 03:38 PM
[B]Life expectancy at birth (years)
1. Japan — 82.6
38. USA — 78.2

Eat more Sushi!

OklahomaTuba
8/17/2009, 03:45 PM
Drive-by shootings and other garden variety murders tend to lower the life expectancy.So what your saying is we should sell the blue states to the Chinese to up the life expectancy???

Viking Kitten
8/17/2009, 03:57 PM
The life expectancy is a sham anyway. How many 18 to 25 year olds died in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea..so forth and so on. Imagine if they had lived to be 50 or 60 even. The Life Expectancy would rise at least 5 to 10 years EASILY

So how do you explain the U.S. having the highest infant mortality rate in the developed world? All those toddlers fighting in the Gulf War?:confused:

OklahomaTuba
8/17/2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe cause all the sick people from Canada come here?

ObamaCare in action:

Fraser Health Authority confirms cutbacks to surgeries, services

'Sorry is not good enough,' says senior facing cuts

BY DAVID KARP, VANCOUVER SUNAUGUST 14, 2009

The Fraser Health Authority confirmed Thursday it intends to cut surgeries, seniors' programs and services for the mentally ill to help deal with a budget shortfall of up to $160 million.

However, it said the emergency department at Mission Memorial Hospital will stay open.

Confirmation of the cuts, expected for some time, came as the authority's board of directors met in Mission Thursday. The board said 10 to 15 per cent of elective surgeries will be cut in the latter part of the 2009-10 fiscal year, with slowdowns already scheduled for the Olympic period.

MRIs will be limited to the same number done last year, and programs for seniors, the mentally ill and people suffering domestic violence will be cut.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fraser+Health+Authority+confirms+cutbacks+surgerie s+services/1892143/story.html

Yes We Can!

Curly Bill
8/17/2009, 04:09 PM
Our life expectancy is largely a result of lifesytle choices -- very poor diets high in fats and sugar, and lack of exercise.

Largely: Americans have become lazy and eat like big fat hogs.

KABOOKIE
8/17/2009, 04:14 PM
So how do you explain the U.S. having the highest infant mortality rate in the developed world? All those toddlers fighting in the Gulf War?:confused:

Uh because the other coutries suck at statistics and ****? I remember NBC touting some BS about Cuba having lower IMR than the US and I LMFAO. Yeah right.

OklahomaTuba
8/17/2009, 04:17 PM
Our life expectancy is largely a result of lifesytle choices -- very poor diets high in fats and sugar, and lack of exercise.

Largely: Americans have become lazy and eat like big fat hogs.
Many of these stats are bogus really for comparisons. They don't even count premies in some countries above us.

Also, we have a more diverse and larger population spreadout in a larger area. Some of the countries ahead of us are smaller than OK in population.

Of course, not having a politically controlled health care system makes our numbers much more accurate than those in, say, UK or Japan.

OklahomaTuba
8/17/2009, 04:18 PM
Uh because the other coutries suck statistics and ****? I remember NBC touting some BS about Cuba having lower IMR than the US and I LMFAO. Yeah right.forgot about that.

Ironically, when fidel was about to die, he hightailed it for a country with a lower ranked healthcare system than Cuba I believe.

Okla-homey
8/17/2009, 08:12 PM

perhaps because our prenatal care is so awesome and babies get born that would have died inutero in many other places. That and we have waay too many babies having babies which, I don't care WTF anyone else thinks, is THE biggest challenge we face as a nation. From that problem flows most of the rest of our current social ills.

ndpruitt03
8/17/2009, 08:27 PM
World Health Org is iffy at best. Looking at some of the countries above the US on that list and that just isn't right. The only problem with the US's healthcare is cost. And making the government pay for healthcare by upping tax on goods and gas and other things and making everything else more expensive won't really make healthcare cheaper. We need to do things to open healthcare insurance to more capitalism. And allow doctors to have more control over it. Also allow people to open their own health savings accounts. Making plans to eventually get rid of medicare and medicade which are going broke anyway. The government will have no incentive to make healthcare better if they take over so they will just have cheaper healthcare that won't be all that successful. See the post office.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/18/2009, 12:26 AM
Well, soonerloyal? We ain't that bad a country after all, are we?

49r
8/18/2009, 09:40 AM

How many US casualties have there been in all those wars combined? Just a shade over 100,000.

There are 300 million people in the US. That's a ratio of 3,000 to 1.

Doubling - or even tripling - that one person's life span isn't going to change the average life expectancy of the US citizen more than a few days.

A profit driven health care system does not require healthy people to make money. It requires sick people. It's because we need lots of sick folks to keep the system profitable and that we don't have any preventative health care to speak of is why our average life expectancy is so low.

Oh, and what Viking Kitten said. Our infant mortality record is abhorrent. Way too many crack/crank babies born. This is a problem.

49r
8/18/2009, 09:45 AM
Not to mention, it is not ONLY the US that incurs casualties of war. In fact, we generally have the advantage in that category. Total the casualties of those four wars on the opposing side and it's just a bit over 100k. Just sayin.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/18/2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah but the French have zero deaths in wars because they are pussies.

49r
8/18/2009, 10:32 AM
French casualties of war:

World War II (Military and Civilian) - 567,600 (about 150k more than the US, which is made even more significant when you factor in the overall size of the respective countries' populations)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Vietnam - 89,000 (US had around 60k)
http://www.vietnamgear.com/casualties.aspx

Afghanistan and Iraq? Not really France's war to fight. But even so, the US casualty number in those theaters combined is around 5,000. We've got a ways to go to catch up to the French in terms of war casualties - even if you add the 54k US casualties of the Korean war.

49r
8/18/2009, 10:36 AM
And if you'd like to take a look at World War I also, the French had 1.3 million casualties of war. Compared to about 117,000 US casualties.

http://europeanhistory.about.com/cs/worldwar1/a/blww1casualties.htm

49r
8/18/2009, 10:37 AM
I'd say we have some catching up to do to vis-a-vis our ability to die in wars with respect to the French.

49r
8/18/2009, 10:40 AM
France had some pretty significant losses in Algeria, too. About 18,000 dead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algerian_War#Death_toll

49r
8/18/2009, 11:19 AM
So, you know, to sum up 20th century war casualties:

France - Approaching 2 million
USA - Around 650,000

But this is a thread about what the USA can do to improve it's ranking in the world of healthcare, so I digress...

Collier11
8/18/2009, 11:31 AM
We are far superior at not dying in war which means that the French are still pussies ;)

JLEW1818
8/18/2009, 12:05 PM
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/obama-1.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
8/18/2009, 12:16 PM
Who really wants to live past 78 anyways. I mean once everything quits working and you're back in diapers and you're senile, checking out is merciful.

Turd_Ferguson
8/18/2009, 12:28 PM
Who really wants to live past 78 anyways. I mean once everything quits working and you're back in diapers and you're senile, checking out is merciful.bull****. I wanna live long and die in my sleep like my grandpa.....not scream'n and yell'n like the people that was in his car.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/18/2009, 12:36 PM
bull****. I wanna live long and die in my sleep like my grandpa.....not scream'n and yell'n like the people that was in his car.a vote for death panels?