PDA

View Full Version : Tom Wort Video

setem
8/14/2009, 05:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz5R7FdiuSc

Watch the play at around 2:17 he ruins that poor kids life!
4:14 is insane too!

He has no regard for anyone's safety including his own...I LIKE IT! I wonder how many concussions he has give out or given himself! Hitting that hard has to take a toll on him. I have never seen anything like him ever! I feel bad for our O having to face him in practice!

His little brother Charles hates the world too!

AlbqSooner
8/14/2009, 06:23 AM
After the spring Game, I posted that Wort has the old time OU LB look about him. I expect him to be remembered as a head hunter. He brings collisions.

Crimson Dynasty
8/14/2009, 06:25 AM
If we can recruit 10 more little fellas with that kind of tenacity and have them all on the field at the same time, I would be a very happy individual with our defense :D

Thanks Setem!

BornandBred
8/14/2009, 08:13 AM
At 4:23 he blows up a hook&ladder. I'm sold!

sooner n houston
8/14/2009, 08:16 AM
Lots of balls popping out when that young man hits!

BornandBred
8/14/2009, 08:18 AM
Lots of balls popping out when that young man hits!

Thats what she said.

gaylordfan1
8/14/2009, 09:43 AM
Don't know if it will be this year... but next year he will break some face masks!

bixby28
8/14/2009, 11:50 AM
I think that some good LB's aren't made, they're born. :eek:

setem
8/14/2009, 12:50 PM
"The unicorn is the only fabulous beast that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references he is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously beautiful. He could be captured only by unfair means, and his single horn was said to neutralize poison."... I hope he breaks Tebow's legs and then helps out kids in Uganda.

DMAFB_Sooner08
8/14/2009, 01:26 PM
That kid plays with absolute reckless abandon...and I love it, looks like he leaves everything on the field...everytime

rainiersooner
8/14/2009, 01:43 PM
I became scared for my own safety while watching that.

cheezyq
8/14/2009, 02:16 PM
I hope he plays a little special teams this year. Reminds me of Roy, just has that nose for tackling and angles and making the big hit.

birddog
8/14/2009, 02:29 PM
"YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE F OUT!!!"

SoonerPr8r
8/14/2009, 05:26 PM
^^^This

Dude got rolled on his HEAD!!!

delhalew
8/14/2009, 07:27 PM
Tom is freaking VICIOUS! I'll looking forward to watching him crack some skulls.

fossil
8/14/2009, 07:56 PM
:P HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Little Al
8/14/2009, 08:12 PM
Tom the Bomb.

OKC-SLC
8/14/2009, 10:22 PM
quite impressive. and that was of his Jr year, right?

gaylordfan1
8/14/2009, 10:32 PM
Tom the Bomb.:D

You my friend: have just came up with a notorious nick-name! I hope it sticks... But I hope more that he earns it!

Sooner FLiP
8/14/2009, 10:43 PM
good lord tom is... devastating! im glad he is on our team.

gaylordfan1
8/14/2009, 10:53 PM
That was the longest highlight film of a single person I have ever seen. Did he have a tackle that wasn't on it? Dang!

setem
8/14/2009, 10:55 PM
NO WAY! He is Head Master of Tomworts Academy of Line Backing and Career ending hits!

gaylordfan1
8/14/2009, 11:02 PM
Man I saw that video and many others months and months ago, I was just as amazed then as I am now. I knew this kid was freak on the field... I was just waiting to see how he picked up the defense. A little more tricky then high school. Looks like he is coming along as expected! Tom the Bomb... Come on guys, this name needs to stick! Lets keep it going.

Hella Sideburns
8/15/2009, 12:59 AM
didnt stoops say that wort would see the field this year?

setem
8/15/2009, 02:33 AM
He is one of the true freshmen on the team who should have an immediate impact on the team. With the loss of Mike B and Reynolds' injury bug we are going to need him!

Anyone else think he can give Jordan Shipley fits coming over the middle? It would be amazing to see Wort destroy Shipley like he did some of those poor bastards in that video!

Crucifax Autumn
8/15/2009, 05:36 AM
This kid has instinct. Combine that with some great college level coaching and he could be one of the best ever in a year or 2.

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 08:44 AM
Folks, that has the influence of British rugby. He has absolutely no fear. I love the one where the QB rolls out and then looks up like "Holy #$@$", and then is forced to taste his lunch again. That kid is a combo of Roy and Teddy. He is a freaking guided missile. There wasn't a hit on that video that couldn't be described as a KO! TOM THE BOMB INDEED!

FlatheadSooner
8/15/2009, 08:31 PM
I hope he plays a little special teams this year. Reminds me of Roy, just has that nose for tackling and angles and making the big hit.

Also reminded me of Roy and style of pursuit and tackling - does good job taking the opponents legs out which is the most effective way to tackle.
:)

CrimsonJim
8/15/2009, 08:38 PM
Also reminded me some of The Boz! I don't know how many times a helmet or helmets went flying when Bosworth made a tackle. Mmm....good memories.

Boomer38Sooner
8/15/2009, 09:21 PM

:D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/15/2009, 09:58 PM
That kid needs to change his name to John Henry.

Because he's a hammer swinger if I ever saw one.

Daaaaaaaamn.

OU-HSV
8/15/2009, 11:09 PM
Holy crap, he is a stud. Get that kid on the field starting 09/05/09

Sooner FLiP
8/15/2009, 11:25 PM
i just had a vision of Jordan Shipley going on a quick slant from the slot and Tom the Bomb lighting him up. i will probably get flack for this but his hits remind me of the water boy. BOOM!

OU-HSV
8/16/2009, 12:57 AM
i just had a vision of Jordan Shipley going on a quick slant from the slot and Tom the Bomb lighting him up. i will probably get flack for this but his hits remind me of the water boy. BOOM!

Nice vision....could have used that last October

CrimsonJim
8/16/2009, 01:02 AM
We got our shot at the MNC last year, so I'll take that vision this year. :D

GKeeper316
8/16/2009, 06:20 PM
of course he's a badass... he's a soccer hooligan in pads!

Freshman LB growing in OU defense

August 13, 2009 7:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

NORMAN, Okla. -- One of the biggest surprises in Oklahoma's early practices has been freshman linebacker Tom Wort, who has emerged as an immediate contributor for the Sooners defense.

Wort has one of the most interesting backgrounds of any incoming Big 12 player. He grew up in England before moving to America and moving to Rhode Island when he was in the eighth grade.

His family eventually settled in New Braunfels, Texas -- about 30 miles north of San Antonio.

His progression is particularly notable because he's only been playing American football for six years. Recruiters were captivated by his 4.4 speed in the 40 and his raw athleticism. The Sooners beat out LSU, USC and Florida for the commitment of the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder.

But he's quickly turning heads in his short time with the Sooners.

"He's probably the best freshman linebacker I've seen since I've been here," senior middle linebacker Ryan Reynolds said.

Wort's instincts have melded quickly into the Sooners' defensive philosophy.

"He's picking up the defense quickly and he's not afraid to hit," Reynolds said. "Some guys come in here intimidated by the big offensive line compared to high school. But not Wort. He just goes at it full-speed every day."

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said that Wort has benefitted from playing with veteran players like Reynolds and Travis Lewis who have provided him with quality role models in his growth in Oklahoma's defense.

"Tom is going to be all right, he's a real good player," McCoy said. "As far as being an athlete and a linebacker, he's got it. He just needs some more experience."

Like all of the Oklahoma incoming freshmen, Wort has been unavailable for interviews. But I look for him to make an immediate contribution once the season begins on special teams and in situational packages.

I'm also interested to see how pronounced -- if any -- his English accent will be.

Who would have ever imagined a Cockney dialect in the Big 12?

Sam.England
8/17/2009, 12:52 PM
I'm also interested to see how pronounced -- if any -- his English accent will be.

I never, ever tire of that video, they can play that at my funeral :)

His English accent is all but gone now in the interviews that I have seen! I really hope he gets some serious playing time this season, and look forward to seeing him destroy some people!

adoniijahsooner
8/17/2009, 01:28 PM
I never, ever tire of that video, they can play that at my funeral :)

His English accent is all but gone now in the interviews that I have seen! I really hope he gets some serious playing time this season, and look forward to seeing him destroy some people!

I want Florida just to see tebow try to run him over and get cleaned up.

Watch what he does to Ratteree #47 @ 3:30 mark...

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090815_scrimmage_highlights.wmv&school=okla&

Sam.England
8/17/2009, 01:42 PM
I want Florida just to see tebow try to run him over and get cleaned up.

That could be nfl career suicide right there!

SoonerAtKU
8/17/2009, 02:10 PM
He also does a pretty great job defending the Hook and Ladder at about 4:20. I can think of one or two times that might have come in handy.

setem
8/17/2009, 02:47 PM
I can see it now when he becomes a captain some day...

Ello govnas lets ave a right noice game of tackew fewtbaww!

ashley
8/17/2009, 04:06 PM
This kid has instinct. Combine that with some great college level coaching and he could be one of the best ever in a year or 2.

Looks to me he does pretty well with just old high school coaching. He has what coaches want and this is things you don't have to coach.
I said last spring and some guys said it would not happen.

gotpoi73
8/17/2009, 05:50 PM
i can't wait to see little bits of colt splattered all over tom's facemask

aj44mc
8/18/2009, 09:41 AM
Watching him in action reminds me of another great #42 Pat Tillman. What do you think?

setem
9/18/2011, 05:44 PM
Bump for relevance...

The kid had a hell of a game and let loose on suckas! That hit against Tulsa where he knocked himself out and the dislodged the ball was just like predicted!