PDA

View Full Version : Homerism

soonerboy
8/13/2009, 10:19 PM
I would like to bring a little information from the front lines of college football on the fan side of things. I know as OU fans we are constantly being nagged as being very homerish. As said statement may be true we are NOT the only ones. I have been out of town for a while and have been talking with fans of other schools, Florida fans have to be the worst, its like talking to your cat, the more you want it to understand something the more retarded you feel. As we all know as far as their concerned Tebow is god, and apparently Chris Rainey is the best thing since sliced bread, also their defense, although I'll give it to them is very good can be compared to the Steel Curtain. I just wanted to put the rest of my crimson and cream bretherens minds at ease.

As always BOOMER SOONER

Collier11
8/13/2009, 11:14 PM
someones all hopped up on Mountain Dew

budbarrybob
8/13/2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the post.

Also in the news:

Water is wet..

delhalew
8/14/2009, 08:53 PM
I never understood this. Unless your a sports broadcaster/journalist aren't you supposed to be a homer?

AlbqSooner
8/14/2009, 09:59 PM
I never understood this. Unless your a sports broadcaster/journalist aren't you supposed to be a homer?

Absolutely. The word 'fan' is a shortened version of fanatic. OU fans are fanatical in their support of the Sooners. The difference between OU fans and fantics of MANY other teams is that we have reason to be fanatical. Facts are facts.

OUAlumni1990
8/14/2009, 10:06 PM
its like talking to your cat, the more you want it to understand something the more retarded you feel.

Sounds like talking to Texas fans.

As we all know as far as their concerned Tebow is god,

Remember, Vince Young was in the same category not long ago. Same with Matt Leinhart. Where are they now?

Struggling to keep their back-up positions...

Anyone else wanna make a drunk post??

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 09:20 AM
I would like to bring a little information from the front lines of college football on the fan side of things. I know as OU fans we are constantly being nagged as being very homerish. As said statement may be true we are NOT the only ones. I have been out of town for a while and have been talking with fans of other schools, Florida fans have to be the worst, its like talking to your cat, the more you want it to understand something the more retarded you feel. As we all know as far as their concerned Tebow is god, and apparently Chris Rainey is the best thing since sliced bread, also their defense, although I'll give it to them is very good can be compared to the Steel Curtain. I just wanted to put the rest of my crimson and cream bretherens minds at ease.

As always BOOMER SOONER

I have to put up with the FLA carp EVERYDAY!!!!

oudivesherpa
8/15/2009, 10:38 AM
Florida fans have to be the worst, its like talking to your cat, the more you want it to understand something the more retarded you feel.

Obiviously you have a cat. The difference between a cat and a Florida fan is that after a night out on the town and cat won't come home and preach to you on how holy it is.

OUmillenium
8/15/2009, 11:29 AM
ouch

gatorpower
8/15/2009, 12:24 PM
Florida fans have to be the worst, its like talking to your cat, the more you want it to understand something the more retarded you feel. As we all know as far as their concerned Tebow is god, and apparently Chris Rainey is the best thing since sliced bread, also their defense, although I'll give it to them is very good can be compared to the Steel Curtain.

It really depends which Florida fan you talk to. Anyone who jumped on the bandwagon after 1996 tends to be very boring to talk to, as many of them tend to not know anything about any other team than Florida, but Florida is not a very 'dirty' fan base.

The worst I have personally seen from a Florida fan was back in the '90s when a family of Tennessee fans, sitting in the UF student section, were mercilessly heckled the entire game by a group of drunk UF students.

The best fan base, by a large margin, is Nebraska. Since 1994, when they came to the Orange Bowl to play Miami, I have never met a 'bad' or even 'obnoxious' Nebraska fan. After they crushed us a year later, they were the best sports about it. Every time I hear about them, it's always compliments.

The worst fan bases, in my experience is:

1) LSU. This started all the way back in 1988 when I moved to Gainesville and has never let up. They have always been the rudest and most arrogant bast***ds I have ever come across. Even when my family and I spend a couple days at Disney, nearly every trip, we run into a family of LSU fans there who liberally use the 'F' word even in the presence of kids/old people.

2) Miami. I have only had weapons pulled on me twice as a fan. Both times were by Miami fans. Once in Gainesville (knife), once in in Miami (baseball bat). Other than that, Miami fans have a very thug-culture and play up to that a lot.

3) Maryland. Both basketball and football. Completely shocked me how trashy they get verbally. College Park/Washington DC isn't a trashy destination, but their fans certainly act it.

4) Ohio State. If Florida fans treated opponents this year like Ohio State treated Florida fans in '06 (football/basketball), then I would have no problems with anyone saying we suck as fans. We played OSU in Gainesville in basketball in December when they were ranked in the top-5 (if not #1), the fans who came into Gainesville were vicious. In Tempe, they were equally vicious. Gave me the greatest pleasure when Florida went 3-0 against them from December to April.

Collier11
8/15/2009, 12:40 PM
Nebraska fans are good but they can pull the vail over your eyes as well

fadada1
8/15/2009, 03:58 PM
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!
BUT WE'RE TEXAS!

something like that?

OUHOMER
8/15/2009, 04:02 PM
I dont see any problem with Homerism. none at all.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/15/2009, 05:00 PM
Arkansas fans have to be the dumbest. Their only comment to an OU fan is, "Well we could beat OU." Every year! No matter how mach they suck that year. It's ridiculous.

CBUS_SOONER
8/15/2009, 08:19 PM
It really depends which Florida fan you talk to. Anyone who jumped on the bandwagon after 1996 tends to be very boring to talk to, as many of them tend to not know anything about any other team than Florida, but Florida is not a very 'dirty' fan base.

The worst I have personally seen from a Florida fan was back in the '90s when a family of Tennessee fans, sitting in the UF student section, were mercilessly heckled the entire game by a group of drunk UF students.

The best fan base, by a large margin, is Nebraska. Since 1994, when they came to the Orange Bowl to play Miami, I have never met a 'bad' or even 'obnoxious' Nebraska fan. After they crushed us a year later, they were the best sports about it. Every time I hear about them, it's always compliments.

The worst fan bases, in my experience is:

1) LSU. This started all the way back in 1988 when I moved to Gainesville and has never let up. They have always been the rudest and most arrogant bast***ds I have ever come across. Even when my family and I spend a couple days at Disney, nearly every trip, we run into a family of LSU fans there who liberally use the 'F' word even in the presence of kids/old people.

2) Miami. I have only had weapons pulled on me twice as a fan. Both times were by Miami fans. Once in Gainesville (knife), once in in Miami (baseball bat). Other than that, Miami fans have a very thug-culture and play up to that a lot.

3) Maryland. Both basketball and football. Completely shocked me how trashy they get verbally. College Park/Washington DC isn't a trashy destination, but their fans certainly act it.

4) Ohio State. If Florida fans treated opponents this year like Ohio State treated Florida fans in '06 (football/basketball), then I would have no problems with anyone saying we suck as fans. We played OSU in Gainesville in basketball in December when they were ranked in the top-5 (if not #1), the fans who came into Gainesville were vicious. In Tempe, they were equally vicious. Gave me the greatest pleasure when Florida went 3-0 against them from December to April.

I have been around many fans(texazz, usc, florida, meeeechigan, notre dame, lsu, etc...) and none are worse than to$U fans. imo. BTW Notre Dame fans are the dumbest.

CBUS_SOONER
8/15/2009, 08:23 PM
My list of worst fans.
1. Ohio $tate (any sport)
2. Kentucky (basketball fans)
3. Yankee fans (booing Derek Jeter) All NY fans get too much credit for being great fans. They are loud and abnoxious. AND not very smart.
4. UNC (basketball)
5. Cubs fans (gosh they are annoying as hell)

Landthief 1972
8/19/2009, 12:43 AM
OSU fans in Kingfisher take delusion to a new pinnacle of absurdity.

Little Al
8/19/2009, 01:46 AM
OSU fans defending their 42 year old man/coach.