PDA

View Full Version : Nick Collison

SoonerNate
8/13/2009, 05:53 PM
You guys really need to get rid of this cancer.

Mixer!
8/13/2009, 11:16 PM
...because?

soonervegas
8/14/2009, 09:28 AM
That would be my question.......why?

I understand the whole "I love Seattle" thing, but he is a valuable member of the team and he doesn't dog it on the court (in my opinion). About 8 out of 10 people would prefer to live in Seatlle if you had a chance to visit both and were not from the state of Washington or Oklahoma. It is a top 5 city in the country. I LOVE living here, but I have traveled enough to know there are better places out there. Maybe not people wise, but scenery, things to do, etc.

With that being said, if he is miserable here he needs to go to Management and request a trade. But Management doesn't need to force the issue.

Cam
8/14/2009, 10:05 AM
What soonervegas said.

OU Adonis
8/15/2009, 12:58 AM
I have lived in West Seattle. I didn't care for it.

Collier11
8/15/2009, 01:00 AM
I think Traber was somewhat correct but as usual Traber made too big of a deal out of it, Traber gets off on this ****!

I like the way Collison plays but the one thing I agree with Traber about is that if you hate OKC so much then go somewhere else

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2009, 01:15 AM
I think Traber was somewhat correct but as usual Traber made too big of a deal out of it, Traber gets off on this ****!

I like the way Collison plays but the one thing I agree with Traber about is that if you hate OKC so much then go somewhere else

He wasn't even an inkling correct. Did you hear the interview? He's a sad little fail clown.

Nick said it was hot in Oklahoma and didn't care for it. Oh my god, he hates heat! Let's run him out of town!

Collier11
8/15/2009, 01:20 AM
Actually you are wrong, Nick was all PC when Traber interviewed him for damage control, Nick has been dogging OKC for a year now, not horribly which is why I say it is way overblown by Traber. Like I said Traber gets off on this shizz

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2009, 09:02 AM
Actually you are wrong, Nick was all PC when Traber interviewed him for damage control, Nick has been dogging OKC for a year now, not horribly which is why I say it is way overblown by Traber. Like I said Traber gets off on this shizz

What has he ever said that trashes OKC? That he likes living in Seattle? That he doesn't like 105 degree heat? Talking about the city you live in and the weather is somehow trashing Oklahoma City? That's bizarrely oversensitive and stupid.

the_ouskull
8/15/2009, 11:42 AM
I guess my take on the whole thing, at least on Traber's side, has already been documented in my thread. My take on the subject, on Collison's side, is this: He plays for OKC. When he's on the court for OKC, he busts his f*cking *SS to try to win us basketball games, despite playing for a college team that many Oklahoman's dislike, as well as his first six seasons in a town which now, because of the team, hates Oklahoma.

Did I mention that, when he's on the court, playing for Oklahoma City, that he busts his *ss? I did. Good. Then why does anything else matter? Does L.A. care whether or not Kobe likes it there? No. Just keep winning. OKC's not winning... yet... but give Presti time. In the meantime, we've got players like Collison and not Zach Randolph, so shut your f*cking mouths and let him keep doing his hard work for our team. He can live where he wants and like what he wants. It's his business. What he does ON the court is where our business with him ends.

the_ouskull

Collier11
8/15/2009, 12:42 PM
What has he ever said that trashes OKC? That he likes living in Seattle? That he doesn't like 105 degree heat? Talking about the city you live in and the weather is somehow trashing Oklahoma City? That's bizarrely oversensitive and stupid.

so you listen to one interview and this is what youve got

Collier11
8/15/2009, 12:44 PM
I agree with you Skull, thats why I think it is rediculous that it became such a big deal

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2009, 12:57 PM
so you listen to one interview and this is what youve got

No, I listened to the interview, read his twitter page, and read the article from the Daily OK that Traber was spazing about, am I missing something?

Collier11
8/15/2009, 01:37 PM
Yea, mainly all the comments that Collison made from the time of the move thru now...like I said above, I think it was wayyyyy overblown by Traber but his point that Collison should show some respect since Oklahoma people are paying him a crap ton of money to be a 8ppg and 8 reb guy is valid I think

the_ouskull
8/16/2009, 03:16 PM
Oklahoma people aren't paying him sh*t. They're buying tickets, merch, etc... that helps pay him, but they're not paying him. It's not like he works for the taxpayers. And, if he quits working tomorrow, they'll still have to pay him. Collison is a hard-work guy, and Traber wants to go after HIM? D*ck move.

the_ouskull

Soonerus
8/16/2009, 03:24 PM
I think Nick should be left alone, he is entitled to state his personal preferences and nobody should get defensive about it...

Rhino
8/16/2009, 05:59 PM
I agree with Traber more often than not, then sometimes he goes Looney Tunes and I wonder what drugs he takes.

Collier11
8/16/2009, 08:21 PM
Oklahoma people aren't paying him sh*t. They're buying tickets, merch, etc... that helps pay him, but they're not paying him. It's not like he works for the taxpayers. And, if he quits working tomorrow, they'll still have to pay him. Collison is a hard-work guy, and Traber wants to go after HIM? D*ck move.

the_ouskull

Aubrey Mcclendon and Clay Bennett pay him plenty

starclassic tama
8/17/2009, 01:51 AM
collison HAS trashed OKC, even if not in a public forum. a family friend of mine is good friends with him. my friend posted a message on facebook about rainy weather in oklahoma saying something to the effect of we wanted the hoops team, not the weather. collison wrote underneath it that the only thing OKC has more of than seattle is strip malls and fast food restaurants. don't let him play all innocent, he has dogged OKC and as far as i'm concerned he's a loser. take your 5 points and 5 boards and go play for the storm.

the_ouskull
8/17/2009, 10:23 AM
as far as i'm concerned

You realize that, to sensible people, this isn't a selling point for your side of the argument, right? In fact, hearing this tends to make me lean the other direction, excepting extreme cases, such as, "as far as i'm (sic) concerned, I think sex with the same sex is better than with the opposite sex," or the ever-popular, "as far as i'm (sic) concerned, a player's black and white stats matter a lot more than their metric stats."

You must be really proud of your ignorance given the rate at which you show it off...

Collison averages 7 rpg for his career. Would I rather have a full-sized, grown-up center snagging boards and playing tough, physical defense for us...? Yes. Sadly, Special K isn't that guy either, and likely won't develop into him, and D.J. White, who COULD develop into that player, isn't much bigger/taller than Collison. Is "Byron" Mullens that guy? No. We NEED Collison, so grow up and at least start supporting your team, if not the players... Collison should be an 8 or 9 guy, and he's our 5 or 6 guy, depending on K's health. THAT is the real problem.

If the rest of you want to get drunk off of the crap that spews out of Traber's love nozzle, and believe that any of that other crap matters, keep it up.

the_ouskull

Collier11
8/17/2009, 10:38 AM
Id rather get drunk off the crap that flows out of your mouth and act like it matters ;)

KC//CRIMSON
8/17/2009, 10:43 AM
collison wrote underneath it that the only thing OKC has more of than Seattle is strip malls and fast food restaurants.

OH NOES!

the_ouskull
8/17/2009, 03:43 PM
Id rather get drunk off the crap that flows out of your mouth and act like it matters ;)

Profound, whether intentional or blind squirrel, seeing as, ultimately, none of this matters. Not just what some fat guy says about some short-for-his-job guy on a radio that all of us could find something better to do than listen to... but, literally, none of this; this life. It's not important. You have to take the things that mean something to you, and make them your own. I've taken "making the world a better place, one uninformed, uneducated, unkempt, unaware dipsh*t at a time" as my "thing."

I mean, I know that I should let more things go, but I just hate it when stupid people; "bad" people, think that they're correct when they're not. Is that so wrong?

Uh, I mean, screw you, hippie. :D

the_ouskull

Collier11
8/17/2009, 03:49 PM
Traber did as most Oklahomans or any person for that matter would do if they felt their homestate was being "dogged", he reacted and took it personal. In hindsight he way overreacted but that is the nature of that type of deal.

I for one got into an argument with a friend of mine from Michigan one time about which was the better state to live in, after about 30 minutes we both realized how idiotic the argument was because we are both going to passionately defend our home state.

Now the difference is that Traber wont realize at any point or time that he overreacted so you do what you have to do Skull :D

soonervegas
8/17/2009, 05:37 PM
Even though I did take up for him I think we can all agree that he is a dirty, dirty Jayhawk.

That will NEVER change.

the_ouskull
8/17/2009, 07:00 PM
No doubt. I mean, the fact that I'm defending the guy at all bothers me, subconsciously. In fact, I'm going to go and watch True Blood now, just to get my vampire p*rn fix for the evening. Thank you, DVR. (And, while we're at it, f*ck you, DKR... a REAL traitor. Maybe Traber should go after his *ss.)

the_ouskull

KC//CRIMSON
8/18/2009, 12:07 PM
Awesome, now people in the national media are picking up on the clip. ESPN's Bill Simmons:

Quote:
Fun listen: @nickcollison 4 working an OKC sports radio moron like a speedbag. I love Collison now. http://tinyurl.com/nlyz4x

Collier11
8/18/2009, 12:16 PM
I gotta change my tune a little, Traber sounds even dumber the 2nd time around and pretty classless, its like he is reaching for something that isnt all the way there

kbsooner21
8/18/2009, 12:50 PM
Traber's a moron

SoonerNate
8/18/2009, 06:46 PM
I don't care what he thinks of Oklahoma. It's the chemistry aspect of it. If (and assuming it's an if and I could be wrong) he doesn't want to be there that hurts the team chemistry IMO.

the_ouskull
8/19/2009, 12:26 AM
Statistically, we're a better rebounding and defensive team when he's on the court. He gives us very little offensively, but it's his effort, and his intensity that keeps him on the floor. Every team needs selfless players like that, undersized or not... Just his game tends to show how he fits in, team-chemistry-wise, I'd think...

the_ouskull

Ton Loc
8/25/2009, 01:53 PM
Statistically, we're a better rebounding and defensive team when he's on the court. He gives us very little offensively, but it's his effort, and his intensity that keeps him on the floor. Every team needs selfless players like that, undersized or not... Just his game tends to show how he fits in, team-chemistry-wise, I'd think...

the_ouskull

You know, there was a guy from OU that plays that way for every team he's ever played for in the NBA.

Nick is like our own little Eddie. His only problems being he's a dirty KU player and he's our 6th or 7th man instead of our 9th or 10th.

Also, Traber died to me back when he used to give Hybl ****.

Gresho Murford
8/25/2009, 02:41 PM
traber is a ****ing clown and got schooled by NC. Nick has NEVER said anything bad about OK. So what if when asked where he would rather live he said Seattle. How is that trashing OK? Traber needs to stop putting words in peoples mouth.

Then he was a freaking baby when Trammel made an excellent point about Jim always talking about how nice the weather was in Phoenix. Guess what Traber did...hang up on him. He is such an idiot and a puss. Dude is a horrible, judgemental person.

I don't know of one Okie that has never complained of the weather

Cam
8/29/2009, 12:24 PM
Awesome, now people in the national media are picking up on the clip. ESPN's Bill Simmons:

Quote:
Fun listen: @nickcollison 4 working an OKC sports radio moron like a speedbag. I love Collison now. http://tinyurl.com/nlyz4x

Bill Simmons is a bigger d-bag than Traber IMO. He just needs to move on and get the **** over it. The Sonics are no more, it's finished.

starclassic tama
8/30/2009, 12:27 PM
Nick has NEVER said anything bad about OK.

not true. collison has basically called oklahoma city a giant trailer park with a basketball arena in the middle of it. i'm not talking about his twitter page. somebody i know very well is good friends with nick. i think traber probably has knowledge of nick saying some other things too privately that he couldn't bring up on the air or else he wouldn't have been so upset about it. and i'm no traber apologist, i can't stand the guy 90% of the time.

the_ouskull
8/30/2009, 01:55 PM
The same Traber that calls people out to his remotes to fight him? THAT Traber "couldn't bring [something] up on the air?" I'm not buying it.

the_ouskull

Zbird
9/5/2009, 11:49 AM
Traber's a moron

What kbsooner said!