PDA

View Full Version : Whats stuck in your head?

SouthFortySooner
8/13/2009, 05:08 PM
After reading the many articles about our team I find myself reflecting on the way I felt about these players at their original introduction. Here are a few of mine. If you give some of yours this is just a little thing you thought not a novella.

Jermaine Gresham- 1st day of practice, worried; guys were saying he was a loafer in Ardmore. But, it was reported he had "soft hands"

Sam Bradford- I thought he had received the "peace offer" to a kid from OK to keep good in state recruiting relations. (wroooong)

Gerald McCoy- saw him first in the Army game. He typified the term "blowing them up". Very excited!

Demarco Murray- too skinny

BoulderSooner79
8/13/2009, 05:31 PM
Josh Jarboe - trouble. How's that? We did? Whewwww!!!

Dan Thompson
8/13/2009, 06:33 PM
Stevens, when is going to come thru?

BoulderSooner79
8/13/2009, 06:46 PM
Quentin Griffin- Finally! a guy my size. He's gonna torment the horns.

TahoeSOONER
8/13/2009, 07:00 PM
After reading the many articles about our team I find myself reflecting on the way I felt about these players at their original introduction. Here are a few of mine. If you give some of yours this is just a little thing you thought not a novella.

Jermaine Gresham- 1st day of practice, worried; guys were saying he was a loafer in Ardmore. But, it was reported he had "soft hands"

Sam Bradford- I thought he had received the "peace offer" to a kid from OK to keep good in state recruiting relations. (wroooong)

Gerald McCoy- saw him first in the Army game. He typified the term "blowing them up". Very excited!

Demarco Murray- too skinny

Stuck in my head? 3rd and goal from the two in the NC and 45 to 35. My pop warner team would've QB snuck it in. No, I enjoyed the good times last year but that team was good enough to beat Florida by 21 points if everything went right. FU stepped up, we didn't and I've been chopping at the bit ever since. Good news, O K L A H O M A can be better and I expect them to roll anybody and everybody. Bad news, I've expected that for this entire decade and this may one of our last shots with a very talented core of players. Expectations won't change but major players will. Do they want to be remembered for more than Big 12 titles? I think so.........but that's OU fans. The time is well overdue. They've made me proud but it's time to be more than Big 12 Champions.

BoulderSooner79
8/13/2009, 07:20 PM
Wow Tahoe, you have lots of stuff stuck in your head.

I've just got the the theme to Giligan's Island wedged in my head at the moment. Doh.

TahoeSOONER
8/13/2009, 07:38 PM
Wow Tahoe, you have lots of stuff stuck in your head.

I've just got the the theme to Giligan's Island wedged in my head at the moment. Doh.

Playing football is so much like being an over the top fan in that you only remember the bad times, unless you finish it all.

It's great to be a Sooner.

Breadburner
8/13/2009, 07:49 PM
Only thing stuck in my head is special teams play and the kicking game....All the folks worried about the O-line are worried about the wrong thing.....The O-line is only going up against one of the top D-lines in the country so I'm sure they will be ready.....

deweydw
8/13/2009, 07:50 PM
How excited I was when I entered the stadium for the first time for my very first OU game. Last year at the TCU game. And the excitement when I opened the envelope holding the tickets to my second game. The Tulsa game in Sept.. Can't wait......

BoulderSooner79
8/13/2009, 07:58 PM
Only thing stuck in my head is special teams play and the kicking game....All the folks worried about the O-line are worried about the wrong thing.....The O-line is only going up against one of the top D-lines in the country so I'm sure they will be ready.....

All the folks worried about the special teams and kicking game are worried about the wrong thing too. You're wasting your energy on negative emotions (unless you happen to be one of the coaches, which I doubt).

Salt City Sooner
8/13/2009, 08:49 PM
Considering the opening game opponent, right now I've got a none too minor case of ninetyfourcopperbowleradication-itis.

Crimson Dynasty
8/14/2009, 05:56 AM
Forget the players and my thoughts on them for the moment. My only thought is the number 11. If we improve by 11 points, this year, from 2 of our games from last year, and 2009 can be a magical season to remember. It's all about the ones folks... Boomer SoONEr babeh!!!

Now, if Sept. 5th would somehow get here even quicker, or if the media would completely stop all mention of anything that is Florida's quarterback, I could handle either one of those too. :texan: