PDA

View Full Version : Dog Owners/Lovers? Chihuahuas?

boomersooner28
8/13/2009, 11:10 AM
Is that how you spell Chihuahua? Anyway, I think I want one.

Anyone familiar with the breed?

Pros/Cons?

Go ahead, jack my thread. Yo Queiro Taco Bell...blah blah blah

OklahomaTuba
8/13/2009, 11:17 AM
I have one. I love it. Best dog ever.

But its not really a dog, more of this small furry animal that tries to take constantly take naps on me.

And I thinks its a hell of a lot better than my damn hairless cat.

boomersooner28
8/13/2009, 11:21 AM
Easily house trained?

OklahomaTuba
8/13/2009, 11:25 AM
Yea, but I did have a problem being gone all day at first, and our doggie having a really small bladder. We got dog litter and that seemed to work for a while. She does fine now.

boomersooner28
8/13/2009, 11:27 AM
Only pet? Do they do fine if they are only dog?

Scott D
8/13/2009, 12:00 PM
I have one. I love it. Best dog ever.

But its not really a dog, more of this small furry animal that tries to take constantly take naps on me.

And I thinks its a hell of a lot better than my damn hairless cat.

please note..Tuba prefers his hairless rat with a nervous condition to his hairless cat with an attitude problem ;)

yermom
8/13/2009, 12:22 PM
maybe it was the owners but i have not been thrilled with any that i have come across

and i like dogs, even gay little ones

sooner ngintunr
8/13/2009, 12:26 PM
As long as they don't yap yap yap at every person that comes to your house, they are cool. Vicious little shiits IMO. I've only met a of couple cool mellow ones.

AggieTool
8/13/2009, 12:30 PM
My Heeler loves 'em.....

...as chew toys.....:D

Veritas
8/13/2009, 12:30 PM
I like them. They come off the foot a bit better than a Yorky, fly probably 20 feet farther, and make a satisfying "splot" when they land.

Viking Kitten
8/13/2009, 12:33 PM
We have a Chihuahua and she's great. Very snuggly and sweet... with her family that is. She's super protective, and a territorial little bitch if someone she doesn't know comes around. This would make her a good watch dog, except that she is so hyper-sensitive to intruders that we tend to ignore her alerts. She has a full on hissy fit if a frog comes in the yard, for example.

She is great with kids, our daughter was five when we got the Chihuahua. We also have a Boston terrier, and the two dogs get along really well for the most part. Some bickering over toys and playfighting, but that's about it. She loves to get in the car and go places, but she will growl at anyone who approaches the car. Especially if it's a woman. She sees unknown women as especially threatening for some reason.

House breaking was difficult and she still has accidents at age two. I've heard they can be a tough breed to potty train.

She is honestly one of the most loving, cuddly dogs I've ever had though. Wouldn't trade her for the world.

NormanPride
8/13/2009, 12:39 PM
Purse dogs are weird.

OklahomaTuba
8/13/2009, 12:54 PM
Purse dogs are weird.You keep a dog in your purse??

OklahomaTuba
8/13/2009, 12:55 PM
Only pet? Do they do fine if they are only dog?Yea, they do fine, I have a big ol english setter and a hairless cat also. The Chihuahua ignores them both usually, and probably hates the cat.

Miko
8/13/2009, 03:51 PM
Mrs. Miko has had a Chihuahua for years. We also have a Great Dane just to make sure the spectrum is covered. I consider the Chihuahua a spare dog in case the big one breaks.

She is yappy. And she messes in teh house waaaay to dammm much. But she is surprisingly intelligent for an animal with a brain the size of a walnut.

boomersooner28
8/13/2009, 04:40 PM
Mrs. Miko has had a Chihuahua for years. We also have a Great Dane just to make sure the spectrum is covered. I consider the Chihuahua a spare dog in case the big one breaks.

She is yappy. And she messes in teh house waaaay to dammm much. But she is surprisingly intelligent for an animal with a brain the size of a walnut.

LOL

fadada1
8/13/2009, 09:49 PM
not much meat on them, from what i've seen. maybe they make a nice broth.

setem
8/13/2009, 10:00 PM
We have 3 of them and they are very loving dogs. They can be really ****ty at times but for the most party they are sweethearts! As far how I feel about them... I want them out of my ****ing house! They have taken over and one day it will be just those dogs and myself and that is when the 5 gallon bucket comes out and they go down!

JohnnyMack
8/13/2009, 10:18 PM
We've got 2. My wife had one before we met and he's now 7. We got him a companion when she was pregnant with our first son. The younger one is 3.5. They're not good for much except sleeping, trying to stay warm and stealing your spot when you get up from a chair, couch or bed. They shed only a very little, don't eat much and stay (because of our two sons) away from us for the most part.

The dogs are also moving to California in the fall to go live with my wife's father as it turns out our oldest boy is very allergic to dogs.

setem
8/13/2009, 10:40 PM
I just became ellergic to them can mine move away too?

JohnnyMack
8/13/2009, 10:43 PM
I just became ellergic to them can mine move away too?

Get to the back of the line! Once mine are on a plane to CA I'll put in a good word for you.

Turd_Ferguson
8/13/2009, 10:57 PM
I have one. Good family dog. His farts stink like hell.

Miko
8/14/2009, 02:23 PM
I have one. Good family dog. His farts stink like hell.

Yeah but compared to the Great Dane, sheer quantity makes comparative quality pointless.