PDA

View Full Version : Offense wins first Scrimmage...

adoniijahsooner
8/13/2009, 07:44 AM
Umm..is this a good thing or a great thing? I personally think this years O will be better than last years. Just my humble opinion.

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_225005852.html

Offense

wins in the night

OU used part of Wednesday night’s practice to scrimmage. Referees were brought in for the workout that was closed to public.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and other defenders said the offense came away with the victory.

“I can admit it. We’re taught to admit our faults and stand up and be a man. They (the offense) got us in the end,” McCoy said. “That helps us. Go against a speedy offense, no huddle with a lot of good players helps us (to get) better in the end.”

swardboy
8/13/2009, 07:55 AM
Considering defenses are usually ahead of offenses at the start of practices, and that our O-line is universally considered our only question mark....this is fantastic news imho.

goingoneight
8/13/2009, 08:10 AM
Tackling I'm sure is limited. It usually is one of those little square up and shove them and the play gets blown dead. That makes a HUGE difference in how you operate.

adoniijahsooner
8/13/2009, 08:14 AM
Tackling I'm sure is limited. It usually is one of those little square up and shove them and the play gets blown dead. That makes a HUGE difference in how you operate.

I would agree, but considering that David King is out with a concussion, and the fierceness of the practive videos, I think they are trying to kill each other.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/09-10/video/m-footbl/08aug/20090812_ol_vs_dl1.wmv&school=okla&

NormanPride
8/13/2009, 08:37 AM

The OL also can't cut, so that makes a huge difference in the running game as well. I'm not sure this scrimmage means that much, but it's good to hear that the OL is holding their own.

adoniijahsooner
8/13/2009, 08:40 AM
The OL also can't cut, so that makes a huge difference in the running game as well. I'm not sure this scrimmage means that much, but it's good to hear that the OL is holding their own.

Well, I just read that the defense had to stay longer for extra conditioning because they were beat.

MojoRisen
8/13/2009, 09:18 AM
Good news, although bradford was 9 of 10 in spring with a TD... Not so much for the other guys. Here is to keeping him upright this year as a major priority!

Sam needs to get those guys out to the Chinese buffet and pass a piece pipe around!

CBUS_SOONER
8/13/2009, 09:39 AM
Umm..is this a good thing or a great thing? I personally think this years O will be better than last years. Just my humble opinion.

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_225005852.html

I agree 100% about our line being better. Our biggest question is special teams.

adoniijahsooner
8/13/2009, 09:41 AM
I agree 100% about our line being better. Our biggest question is special teams.

Yeah, i cant stomach watching moreland get sprinted by over and over again.

Jboozer
8/13/2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah, i cant stomach watching moreland get sprinted by over and over again.

Especially all those momentum changing returns. It seemed that we always let one go at the worst possible time.