PDA

View Full Version : My Preseason top 10...

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 01:59 AM
This one will not change, unless a drastic injury occurs. I would have VT higher, but the loss of their leading rusher the other day dropped them a few spots.

1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Alabama
6. Southern Cal
7. Penn State
8. Virginia Tech
9. California
10. Boise State

What does your top 10 look like?

rainiersooner
8/13/2009, 02:25 AM
I'd be a homer if I said OU should be number 2, but I do not understand why people are putting Texas there, with a one dimensional offense, and a depleted defense. If someone needs to be at 2 instead of OU, I'd put SC, but frankly, I think we should be there. just my 2 cents.

pappy
8/13/2009, 02:45 AM
1. Florida
2. OU
3. Texas
4. SUC
5. Ohio State
6. Alabama
7. Oklahoma State
8. Penn State
9. Virginia Tech
10. LSU

Don't call me a homer for switching texas and OU ...most writers and coaches who vote texas at 2 over ou are doing because of the way the season ended last year

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 02:53 AM
I just put them there so it looks better when we whip their asses this year!

:D

humblesooner
8/13/2009, 10:02 AM
I'll be the first:

1. OU
2. - 10. Who Cares?

Come on. You know you were expecting it. You may not have wanted it, but you were expecting it.

:D

Jboozer
8/13/2009, 10:06 AM
1. OU
2. OU
3. OU
.... Well you get the picture

soonervegas
8/13/2009, 10:11 AM
I'd be a homer if I said OU should be number 2, but I do not understand why people are putting Texas there, with a one dimensional offense, and a depleted defense. If someone needs to be at 2 instead of OU, I'd put SC, but frankly, I think we should be there. just my 2 cents.

Probably because they have beaten us 3 out of 4 and both teams return relatively intact. (Outside of their DLine and our OLine)

With that being said, I DO think OU wins October 17th. I believe our schedule better prepares us for that game than Texas' does.

cheezyq
8/13/2009, 10:41 AM
...With that being said, I DO think OU wins October 17th. I believe our schedule better prepares us for that game than Texas' does.

I thought that last year too when they played their patsy schedule vs. our relatively tough schedule. Then again, we didn't expect to lose RR in the 2nd half either, and our LBs are better prepared to handle a significant loss this year, methinks.

badger
8/13/2009, 10:44 AM
:stunned: You didn't rank Oklahoma State? :stunned:

:les: TEAM ON THE RISE!

DEZ! ZAC! OTHER THREE-LETTER FUNNY NAMES! [hairGel]

:eddie: I'm still drunk even though I've haven't drank for three years :eddie:

silverwheels
8/13/2009, 11:05 AM
I don't think the loss of Evans for VT will be that big of a deal. Yeah, he rushed for over 1,000 yards last year, but only at 4.4 ypc, and they're stacked at RB. Don't think much will change for them.

oudivesherpa
8/13/2009, 11:10 AM
OU not the pre-season #1, but they will be the post season #1. January 6th rankings are all that matter.

soonerloyal
8/13/2009, 12:07 PM

I think that while it's true some voters have them at #2 because of our loss to FL, some voters are buying into the whole "We're Texas, we got scr*wed, didn't you see our banner proving it, we're all fired up to beat OU on October 17, they don't have a chance facing our mighty Burnt-Orange wrath" carp.

SC? Number two? :rolleyes: I disagree.

TXBOOMER
8/13/2009, 12:16 PM
#1 OU
F The Rest! Boomer!

Desert Sapper
8/13/2009, 12:45 PM
How is it that USC is able to reload every friggin year? I am, quite frankly, afraid to rank them any lower than 5th, because I've done that before, and they've thrown it back in my face. If it were any other team, losing what they lost to the draft and graduation, I'd say they would be out of the top 10, maybe 4 or more losses. USC being USC, and being in the crap-10, and I think they lose no more than 3 games, probably only 1 or 2.

I think the top 10 is like this:

1.Florida
2.OU
3.Texas
4.USC
5.Ohio State
6.O-State
7.Ole Miss
8.Bama
9.Penn State
10.Va Tech

yermom
8/13/2009, 12:54 PM
USC with a n00b QB could have some issues on the road i'm thinking

#2 or #3 doesn't really matter since we play in the middle of the season. whoever wins will likely be #1 or #2

CBUS_SOONER
8/13/2009, 01:23 PM
1. Gators
2. OU
3. Texass
4. Bama
5. U$C
6. Ole Miss
7. OK State
8. VA Tech
9. LSU
10. Cal

NO Penn State or tO$U because they play in the Big 0

Jacie
8/13/2009, 02:02 PM
1. Utah because until they actually lose a game they deserve to be the top ranked team.

2. Everyone else until the games begin

josh09
8/13/2009, 02:31 PM
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Alabama
5. Ohio St
6. Penn St.
7. Virginia Tech
8. USC
9. LSU
10. Oklahoma St

josh09
8/13/2009, 02:32 PM
I would put us in front of texas, but our O line has to prove itself first. Also, I think the top 3 are on a different level than anyone else right now, and the only way any of them will lose is by beating each other. It should be a great season.

footballfanatic
8/13/2009, 04:07 PM
Ranking at this point are beyond meaningless.

footballfanatic
8/13/2009, 04:09 PM

Can't wait to see how your offense does against our "depleted" defense. This is the best set of linebackers and defensive backs we've ever had. Plus, Sergio Kindle is on the line. Could be another double-digit margin.

soonervegas
8/13/2009, 04:13 PM
Can't wait to see how your offense does against our "depleted" defense. This is the best set of linebackers and defensive backs we've ever had. Plus, Sergio Kindle is on the line. Could be another double-digit margin.

There is just as good a chance that 45,000 horns have to be put on immediate suicide watch if you lose. Talk about DEVISTATED.

silverwheels
8/13/2009, 06:25 PM
I love the arrogance shown by Texas fans; I consider the game to be a coin flip at this point, and will probably get a better feel for it by the beginning of October.

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 09:13 PM
I don't think the loss of Evans for VT will be that big of a deal. Yeah, he rushed for over 1,000 yards last year, but only at 4.4 ypc, and they're stacked at RB. Don't think much will change for them.

Anytime you replace the majority of your rushing attack, it does not look good.

I never stated that much will change, just stated that with him no longer available, they drop a couple/few spots.

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 09:14 PM

Why do you continually come here parading everything Texas?

go to orangebloods or something and partake in their circle jerk.

My Opinion Matters
8/13/2009, 09:15 PM
What a boring *** thread.

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 09:15 PM
Ranking at this point are beyond meaningless.

Kinda like your posts and the meaning of your existence.

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2009, 09:16 PM
What a boring *** thread.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to said boring *** thread.

OUAlumni1990
8/13/2009, 09:29 PM
Why do you continually come here parading everything Texas?

This is normal for them. I tolerate this everyday, which is one more reason why I can't stand them..

Desert Sapper
8/15/2009, 04:50 AM

Is that why you had the best pass defense in the country last year? Now everything is starting to make sense. Thanks for the clarification.:rolleyes:

IronHorseSooner
8/15/2009, 09:09 AM
UTerus being ranked ahead of us is like the rule of letting the loser getting the ball first in the next pick up game. It can also be equated to sticking a pacifier in a baby's mouth just to get him to shut up!

Soonerus
8/15/2009, 09:18 AM
#1 da Sooners...

BosworthXXXL
8/15/2009, 10:41 AM
this guy at my gym is a huge texass fan the way I am an OU fan

he keeps telling me how good Sergio Kindle is and how they're putting him on the D line

so I say ok, if they do that, who do they put at linebacker to replace him?

dazed and confused looks are the response

no answer

My Thoughts Exactly

Texass will have NO answer for us this year........we're gonna smoke um

colinreturn
8/15/2009, 10:59 AM
1. Gators
2. OU
3. Texass
4. Bama
5. U$C
6. Ole Miss
7. OK State
8. VA Tech
9. LSU
10. Cal

NO Penn State or tO$U because they play in the Big 0

this man speaks the truth

Sooner MagicJ
8/16/2009, 03:48 AM
1 FlorDAH
2 TexASS
2 Oklahoma
4 Alabama
5 LSU
6 USC
7 Okie state
8 Ohio State
9 V Tech
10 Ole miss

Sooner MagicJ
8/16/2009, 04:07 AM

Yeah Double-Digit margin win for OU

By the time the teams meet OU will have been tested Texas no

BYU in Dallas-BYU returns most of its offense from an 10-3 season
Idaho state-Why did we schedule them?
Tulsa-11-3 Bowl winners
@Miami-Road games are always tough and Miami is full of young talent this game is on my watch out list.

Texas plays who?
Louisiana Monroe -.-
at Wyoming-WTH? Your only away none conf is at wyoming wow what a challenge
Texas Tech-The only half good match up
Texas El Paso

Jacie
8/16/2009, 11:45 AM
Texas plays who?
Louisiana Monroe -.-
at Wyoming-WTH? Your only away none conf is at wyoming wow what a challenge
Texas Tech-The only half good match up
Texas El Paso

For the orange faithful, Tech is their revenge game. Though coaches will tell you neither they nor their players buy into that, you have to think Ponyboy has to want a little payback after last year (thank you to whoever called for a close up of his face after TT scored the td to win the game!). Being a whome game for the whorns and the Raiders breaking in a new qb, this one should be a blowout (and we'll see how great that defense is). After all the carping from sa*et fans about OU running up the score last year (despite statistics that indicate it was them more than OUr team that did this), we can expect to hear a load of hooey to explain how they had to keep Ponyboy in so they could score twice more in the 4th quarter despite already being ahead by 20+ points.

1890MilesToNorman
8/16/2009, 11:52 AM
1- Slippery Rock
2- Wister
3- Chattahouchie Livermore Polytechnic
4- Temple Mount
5- WTF Tech
6- Cooter's College
7- NOTRE DAME baby
8- Maine
9- Holy Cross
10- North Virginia State