PDA

View Full Version : Miami info needed...

salth2o
8/12/2009, 02:24 PM
I know this is still a little ways down the calendar, but I was given some tickets to the Miami game and figured The Redhead and I would take a road trip. At what hotel are most other Sooner fans staying?

Collier11
8/12/2009, 03:03 PM
the one without all the AIDS

JLEW1818
8/12/2009, 03:20 PM
hahaha

BermudaSooner
8/12/2009, 03:24 PM
Doesn't the team always stay at the Fountainbleau for Orange Bowls?

Depends what you want--if you've never been to South Beach I'd say it is worth staying down there at least once in your life. Of course mid-Sept is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season--good luck.

yermom
8/12/2009, 03:25 PM
i can tell you where NOT to stay... the little crapshack on 6th and Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. i can look up the name if you want :D

i'm going but i really have no idea on travel plans yet. i need to get on that.

of course i don't really have anything for BYU yet either...

Collier11
8/12/2009, 03:26 PM
Ive got the baymont INN for Alrington, seemed fairly nice and reasonable rates

JLEW1818
8/12/2009, 03:27 PM
I still sleeping in truck

Collier11
8/12/2009, 03:32 PM
find some slutbag and sleep in her instead

humblesooner
8/12/2009, 03:37 PM
We usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale, because airfare is usually cheaper to Ft Lauderdale.
The stadium is about the same distance from Miami as it is Ft Lauderdale.
If you want to do the beaches, it is a fun drive to drop the top and cruise along A1A to South Beach.
The team did stay at the Fountainbleu for the NC game.
I figure if you are "taking a road trip" you are probably looking to save a little cash. If so, stay as far away from the FB as you can. It was about $400/night for the NC game. I think the probably charge about $20 just to drive by and look at it from the street. ;)

JLEW1818
8/12/2009, 03:39 PM
i know some ****er that goes to UTD, prlly just crash there. and eat all his food

deweydw
8/12/2009, 03:44 PM
How about the Hotel Corral Essex?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3bRA7LLZs4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3bRA7LLZs4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

salth2o
8/12/2009, 07:24 PM
How about the Hotel Corral Essex?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3bRA7LLZs4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3bRA7LLZs4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I just booked the last room available here! :D

MojoRisen
8/12/2009, 09:10 PM
The Best Western right next to the FB is fine... Stayed there twice now on the beach.

sooner518
8/12/2009, 09:43 PM
the one without all the AIDS

In Miami in '05, we had just pulled into the hotel parking lot. My cousin was inside checking us in and I was sitting next to the car when a man walks up to me and starts uot his conversation with "Hello sir, my name is John and I am a recovering drug addict and I am HIV positive........"

That was weird

salth2o
8/12/2009, 10:07 PM
The Best Western right next to the FB is fine... Stayed there twice now on the beach.

FB???

MojoRisen
8/12/2009, 10:12 PM
FB???

Fountain Blue- right on the boardwalk

Collier11
8/12/2009, 10:14 PM
In Miami in '05, we had just pulled into the hotel parking lot. My cousin was inside checking us in and I was sitting next to the car when a man walks up to me and starts uot his conversation with "Hello sir, my name is John and I am a recovering drug addict and I am HIV positive........"

That was weird

so youve met LAS also??? :eek: :D

soonerloyal
8/13/2009, 11:46 AM
We're gonna drive down to Miami for the game from near Orlando. I figure it'll be pretty easy to score tickets near kickoff, especially in the Miami section.

Doesn't matter where we sit, we'll be wearing Crimson & Cream. And I'm not a bit worried about Miami fans...two of four in our group are Marines and one of us is a tuff li'l Marine Mama who can still scare the hellz out of those Marines, so we'll be fine. :D

As it gets closer to Game Day - if any Olevet-vetted Soonerfan members who are driving down want to crash here and caravan down, holler at me. I make a mean mess o' fried chicken and fixin's. You'll just have to put up with us Libs. We don't bite, really. :P If you have any extra Sooner game gear like flags, etc., we'd appreciate a gear-loan for a day. Ours are getting rather worn-out.

P.S. Guess you might have to put up with a few jorts-wearing Tebow-acolyte neighbors, too. Can't vouch for them not bitin' though. :rolleyes: