PDA

View Full Version : A question for the veterans...

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 09:00 AM
I am new to sooner fans. How is this forum after a game? Is anyone sobor enough for post-game discussion? Because I know I won't be!

NormanPride
8/12/2009, 09:08 AM
There's usually a huge game thread that spans about 30-40 pages, and will give you a play-by-play. After the game it devolves into bickering over defensive playcalling, substituting for starters too late, running too much, running too little, and not enough TD TE. Overall a great time!

As that thread slowly dies, others pop up about individual issues, sometimes multiple of the same issue, though the mods are good about combining them.

You don't want to be here after a loss. It's not full meltdown, but it's pretty close.

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 09:10 AM
I can only imagine... looking forward to it!

adoniijahsooner
8/12/2009, 09:12 AM
The board runs super slow, and sometimes shuts down after losses as well.

badger
8/12/2009, 09:12 AM
To add to what NP said, it is very busy after games and after some, avvies come down to speed up the board.

We don't meltdown after Sooner losses per se... usually, the meltdown starts during games if we aren't playing as well as we should. Anyone remember Iowa State a few years ago? Oh dear... I imagine the board was the same during @ Tulsa, but NP and I were at the game, so no idea. There were some annoying meltdowns in the stands though...

As for drunky posting, you probably should keep it to a minimum. The best time for this is during Thursday/Friday night games, like that Oklahoma State @ Troy game a few years ago... best. game. ever. to camp at sf.com during and after.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/12/2009, 09:18 AM
it all depends on who is posting....

lots of new posters show up...many of those get banned for ignorance

after a win...its usually ok...things go fast..I suggest turning off avatars and sigs on game day

after a loss...its crazy..lots of fire_____, Stoops is stupid, the ship is going down and we re all gonna die..

criticism is part of any board...just dont get personal and you'll be fine

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. I was just curious how things worked before/during/after a game. Im not too critical of the coaches and the players. Im mearly a spectator. I read more than I post anyways.

boomersooner28
8/12/2009, 09:47 AM
vENEraBLEWS SUCks! kEvIN wiLSON sux! bLAH bLAH BlaH!

It goes something like that gaylord.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/12/2009, 09:50 AM
Game day starts out with a roll call, where you say stuff like
"BOOMER! from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma...let's get rock'n!!!"

Then an "Official College Gameday Thread", where we talk about the headgear and Corso and the boys. You gotta be up early for this one.

and sometimes an "Early Games Thread" appears, where we aimlessly make small talk about the sucky games going on that lead up to the Sooner game. We post scores, talk about how badly Texas is doing against Wyoming, etc.

then someone makes an "Official Oklahoma-BYU Game Thread" a few hours before kickoff. We make comments on practically every play, and you'll see a lot of "TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!" Like people have said, it gets kind of sluggish during games, so if you go to to your user control panel (CP)>Settings & Options-Edit Options>Thread Display Options, you can turn of avatars, signatures, and images by un-checking the boxes.

After the game, if we win, we talk about the next game, how we didn't get any coverage on ESPN, and how the team looked in general.
If we lose, it's
a) scheming how we can get into the NC game regardless of our loss
b) fire ____
c) "big game bob" jokes
etc. entertaining nonetheless.

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 09:52 AM
A time for the couch coach to shine!

badger
8/12/2009, 09:57 AM
Ok, looks like the n00b might be a keeper... why don't you get yourself an avvie? they're extremely easy and fun. Hell, I'll create you one. How do you feel about a shirtless AD?

http://i27.tinypic.com/ay3tx0.jpg

It should be the right size and everything.

stoopified
8/12/2009, 10:00 AM
I am new to sooner fans. How is this forum after a game? Is anyone sobor enough for post-game discussion? Because I know I won't be!It ia against board rules to post while sober......apparently. :D

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 10:03 AM
Ok, looks like the n00b might be a keeper... why don't you get yourself an avvie? they're extremely easy and fun. Hell, I'll create you one. How do you feel about a shirtless AD?

http://i27.tinypic.com/ay3tx0.jpg

It should be the right size and everything.

Well seeing that I am very computer stupid, I will take u up on ur gift. Thanks man.

badger
8/12/2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks man.

n00b :P

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 10:10 AM
n00b :P

Well I'm trying to make it work, and I couldn't. So I will try to get something to work.

badger
8/12/2009, 10:13 AM
Well I'm trying to make it work, and I couldn't. So I will try to get something to work.

That's not why I said that... but that's a cute avvie too. I might just have to keep All Day for myself, heh :D

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 10:27 AM
Ok, done! Now lets talk football.

Lott's Bandana
8/12/2009, 10:31 AM
That's not why I said that... but that's a cute avvie too. I might just have to keep All Day for myself, heh :D

Gaylord,

Badger's "location" should clue you in on something very important:

She is not a gay male.

NTTAWWT.

:P

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 10:37 AM
Fabulous!

oudivesherpa
8/12/2009, 10:38 AM
You don't want to be here after a loss. It's not full meltdown, but it's pretty close.[/QUOTE]

THE SOONERS NEVER LOSE. NEVER!

Or if they do I go on a three day binge, don't talk to the wife for a week, and by the time I sober up it time for the next game. God forbid back to back losses.

Lott's Bandana
8/12/2009, 10:42 AM
Fabulous!

Well played.

Welcome to our jungle. Expect to spit your coffee on your keyboard with jocular regularity.

Lott's Bandana
8/12/2009, 10:42 AM
regular jocularity?

NormanPride
8/12/2009, 10:45 AM
THE SOONERS NEVER LOSE. NEVER!

Or if they do I go on a three day binge, don't talk to the wife for a week, and by the time I sober up it time for the next game. God forbid back to back losses.

The 90s were not kind to you. :O

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 10:46 AM
Well played.

Welcome to our jungle. Expect to spit your coffee on your keyboard with jocular regularity.

No coffee for me.. just 2 red beers in mornings for that pick me up I need to start the day.

OUmillenium
8/12/2009, 10:58 AM
heh...then its off to drive the bus route in the yellow dog?

JLEW1818
8/12/2009, 11:54 AM
i say we designate somebody to start a post game thread for each game... so there wont be a million threads?

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 11:55 AM
I nominate jlew!!!!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/12/2009, 11:58 AM
it doesn't matter..there will be a bunch no matter what