PDA

View Full Version : Madu was close to being moved to CB...

adoniijahsooner
8/12/2009, 06:25 AM
Stoops gave the coaches an ultimatum....

http://www.normantranscript.com/ousports/local_story_223003953.html

Mossis Madu has been moved to wide receiver and by all accounts will be a factor at the position this season. Stoops said Monday he told the offensive staff it had to figure out a way to get Madu more involved in the offense this season or he was going to yank him over to the defensive side.

“I threatened that if they weren’t going to use him a bunch, I’d move him to corner,” Stoops said. “He’s just a really good athlete that can do a lot of things.”
In the spring Madu worked primarily as a slot receiver, but Monday night receivers coach Jay Norvell said the junior from Norman High has also been working at the outside receiver spots.

“We needed to take all the walls down and not have him categorized as anything,” Norvell said. “We want to put him in a position to make plays and train him to do so.”

meoveryouxinfinity
8/12/2009, 07:33 AM
outside WR. cool.

worries me a little bit though.

JLEW1818
8/12/2009, 07:34 AM
he might be playing tackle before the season is over

Harry Beanbag
8/12/2009, 07:42 AM
He might be playing Center before the season starts. :)

NormanPride
8/12/2009, 08:54 AM
This sounds like the coaches really like the kid. Should be exciting!

o0Dan0o
8/12/2009, 10:22 AM
I think the WR bit is temporary. At the latest, I say he's back at RB after this year with CB graduating. Probably him and Calhoun splitting carries next year, could be fun in Calhoun is as good as advertised.
Dan

yermom
8/12/2009, 11:05 AM
well, with our offense he could be in the slot, WR, or RB all in the same possession :D

A-M
8/12/2009, 11:10 AM
well, with our offense he could be in the slot, WR, or RB all in the same possession :D

Boy, he really must be great!:)

gaylordfan1
8/12/2009, 11:12 AM
I will only be impressed if he throws the ball and then goes and catches it for a touchdown!

A-M
8/12/2009, 12:48 PM
I will only be impressed if he throws the ball and then goes and catches it for a touchdown!

I think that would impress a lot of people.:D

SoonerInFortSmith
8/12/2009, 03:32 PM
I think the WR bit is temporary. At the latest, I say he's back at RB after this year with CB graduating. Probably him and Calhoun splitting carries next year, could be fun in Calhoun is as good as advertised.
Dan

Calhoun looked good in the practice vids.

soonerspudman
8/12/2009, 04:21 PM
Sounds also a bit like Stoops is sending one of his indirect-but-direct messages to the receiving corps.

soonerloyal
8/13/2009, 11:58 AM
I'm so proud of Junior. He's gonna be an even bigger factor this year than last. Pretty great for a former street sk8in' li'l guy.

Can't quite get my mind around he, little Chika and my boys growing up so fast. Seems like yesterday that whole group were still kids, saggin', waxing curbs and blading all over Norman.

"Sunrise, Sunset" moment, sorry. :(