PDA

View Full Version : espn.com poll...Big12 or SEC more entertaining?

OU-HSV
8/9/2009, 08:45 PM
Go vote. Which conference plays a more entertaining style of football:
click the link and scroll down toward the bottom left.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

do it

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 08:47 PM
I love college football period... but i like big 12 games better.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2009, 08:54 PM
The SEC is too hard to watch. You have to watch it in slow motion because their players all run sub 1 second 40's :(

OU-HSV
8/9/2009, 08:56 PM
The SEC is too hard to watch. You have to watch it in slow motion because their players all run sub 1 second 40's :(

And sometimes it's hard to tell whether we're watching an NFL game or an SEC game...they are that great of players....
All of them...
even the backup kickers dominate the world.

fadada1
8/9/2009, 09:15 PM
no, no, no. any SEC game you see has already been played - they're just showing you the replay in slow motion, as to appear in normal speed.

OUAlumni1990
8/9/2009, 10:38 PM
With all the spread offenses that the big 12 was running last year, I'd say big 12 hands down. Spread offenses are always more fun to watch.

josh09
8/9/2009, 10:51 PM
Wow i would think itd be farther apart than that

goingoneight
8/9/2009, 11:03 PM
SEC homers outnumber honest SEC fans. They didn't ask which conference is stronger, they asked which was more entertaining. 3-2 games aren't entertaining. I could understand if it was a good defensive game, but fumbled snaps and dreadful quarterback play is the reason behind a lot of SEC snoozers.
The other end of the argument is the 67-65 games between Tech, OSU, Missouri, Kansas, etc. Sometimes there is far too much offense and I prefer 24-17 Florida/LSU matchups. Overall, the BIG 12 is more entertaining, and the ratings show it.

sooner59
8/10/2009, 02:00 AM
Great offenses are just more fun to watch than great defenses....period. That being said....OU and Texas probably have defenses as good as anything the SEC has to offer....comparable to Florida. But the quality of offense overshadows it. On the other side....if Florida was in the Big 12, they would probably have the #1 defense with everyone they have coming back, but they would be in a 3-way Big 12 South division tie again if they had to face OU and Texas....and if they had to play "AT" OSU....they would probably win, but it wouldn't be a cakewalk. Tulsa probably has a tougher schedule this year than Florida.

yermom
8/10/2009, 04:24 AM
plus you get all the coach whining in the Big 12

goingoneight
8/10/2009, 09:54 AM
Like that doesn't happen in the SEC. Richt thought it a crime when LSU went to the MNC in 2007. Houston Nutt was a notorious whiner about poor Darren McCouln'tHoldADsJockFadden's "Heisman" campaign. Les Miles... Do we need to even go there? Urban Meyer has backed his up with 41-14 and 24-14 victories in the MNC over top-ranked opponents, but he was known for awhile as Urban "Cryer" going into the whole Florida/Meatchicken debate circa 2006.

Soonersince57
8/10/2009, 10:02 AM
I've heard many SEC fans only tailgate because by the time they get into the stadium and sit down, the game is already over.

SoonerLB
8/10/2009, 10:15 AM
Less talk, more votes, SEC is ahead in the poll.

badger
8/10/2009, 10:51 AM
Seriously, you guys? :D

With a tone of seriousness, I must add that what makes SEC games fun to watch are their fan bases... so many stereotypes of their respective states that you hope and pray will never end up on television at Owen Field. Occasionally, when watching an SEC! SEC! SEC! game, you will be gifted not with a Tebow jump pass, but rather, a Florida mullet fan wearing cutoff jorts.

Sometimes, when the camera cuts away from Lester Smiles gabbing into his headset, you, the viewer will be gifted with a corndog-eating LSU fan with ketchup and/or mustard dribbling down his shirt.

Steve Spurrier hates them for ruining his recruiting, but viewers giggle when South Carolina fans sneak Confederate flags into national television camera viewing range... oh, and it means that the recruits might come to your school instead of there.

This is what distinguishes the SEC from other conferences... you watch it for the crazy, drunk fans ready to kill the other teams that they've hated for 75-plus years, not the football.

It's for this reason that ESPN College Gameday now needs a screen around their commentators... not to keep bugs out, but to keep SEC fan debris out :D

catsigater
8/10/2009, 12:17 PM
Seriously, you guys? :D

With a tone of seriousness, I must add that what makes SEC games fun to watch are their fan bases... so many stereotypes of their respective states that you hope and pray will never end up on television at Owen Field. Occasionally, when watching an SEC! SEC! SEC! game, you will be gifted not with a Tebow jump pass, but rather, a Florida mullet fan wearing cutoff jorts.

Sometimes, when the camera cuts away from Lester Smiles gabbing into his headset, you, the viewer will be gifted with a corndog-eating LSU fan with ketchup and/or mustard dribbling down his shirt.

Steve Spurrier hates them for ruining his recruiting, but viewers giggle when South Carolina fans sneak Confederate flags into national television camera viewing range... oh, and it means that the recruits might come to your school instead of there.

This is what distinguishes the SEC from other conferences... you watch it for the crazy, drunk fans ready to kill the other teams that they've hated for 75-plus years, not the football.

It's for this reason that ESPN College Gameday now needs a screen around their commentators... not to keep bugs out, but to keep SEC fan debris out :D

Dayem strait.

badger
8/10/2009, 12:37 PM
Dayem strait.

And for our resident SEC fans, please understand this is no knock on any of your schools... we all have "those" fans that we all face palm our faces into at any mention of them and die at any sighting of them.

A&M has the Corps of Cadets squeezing themselves.

OSU has many strangely dressed fans - the most famous being Stunned Aggie with his giant foam orange cowboy hat.

...and that's about it. I can think about a dozen more examples for A&M though :D

A-M
8/10/2009, 02:50 PM
Of course, the questions have been changed by the time I went to vote. So, I voted on the other items.

cheezyq
8/11/2009, 10:50 AM
What's stupid to me is that they have another pole there that asks which place is the toughest to win a big game on the road...considering that Owen Field under Stoops has the best home record of any current place, and wasn't even on the list, I lost interest in voting for anything on ESPN.