PDA

View Full Version : OU BYU tailgate pass

BrockLanders
8/9/2009, 03:43 PM
So I bought one of those $40.00 tailgate parking passes for the game. Does anyone know what that gives me other than a place to park my car? Are there going to be big screens out there showing other games? Food/beers venders? Dancing ladies? Any info on the tailgate scene would be greatly appreciated.

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 03:56 PM
i got one too... I'd like to hear some info about it.... Jerry Jones sucks too

delhalew
8/9/2009, 05:50 PM
just be thankfull Jerry let you park your ****ty little car next to his impressive stadium. JJ=asshat.

But, that freakin' place is pretty incredible.

TXBOOMER
8/9/2009, 06:02 PM
Can't wait for the games in Norman. There is nothing to do within walking distance of the Arlington Cowboys stadium.

MamaMia
8/9/2009, 06:21 PM
So I bought one of those $40.00 tailgate parking passes for the game. Does anyone know what that gives me other than a place to park my car? Are there going to be big screens out there showing other games? Food/beers venders? Dancing ladies? Any info on the tailgate scene would be greatly appreciated.
I agree with Sam. I have "mixed feelings" about our first game being in Texas, and at Jerry World no less. A couple of families in my neighborhood will be in front of my new big screen having a watch party with the money I'll save by staying in Oklahoma. I'm spending my $40.00 parking money on Pacifico and rum. If they want a dancing lady, I can make that happen.

Soonerfan88
8/9/2009, 07:58 PM
Did you pay the extra $10 to actually tailgate or just get the standard $38 parking pass in a lot that has tailgating options?

JJ=asshat

Completely agree!!

SoonerShark
8/9/2009, 08:03 PM
Jerry will be having his henchmen loot your vehicle in a special section. Gang rape of your family as you are forced to watch is extra...but you WILL pay.

BrockLanders
8/9/2009, 08:09 PM
Did you pay the extra $10 to actually tailgate or just get the standard $38 parking pass in a lot that has tailgating options?

Completely agree!!

The $38 parking pass in the tailgate parking lot.

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 08:09 PM
i payed the extra for the tailgate lot... better be places for me to tailgate there, or me and Jerry will have problems.

Soonerfan88
8/9/2009, 08:28 PM
OK, thanks. A group of us ordered through OU and knew our hotel was on the trolley route so didn't worry about parking. From other discussions I thought the tailgating was $10 additional to the $38 (which was the OU price so might not be same as Ticketmaster).

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 08:30 PM
Cowboys Stadium Tailgating
Tailgating is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grass area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in lots 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis. If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces. For more information on tailgating, including all tailgating guidelines, visit http://stadium.dallascowboys.com. Please be sure to review all of the tailgating guidelines if you intend on tailgating.

BajaOklahoma
8/9/2009, 09:49 PM
It is going to be hard to get multiple vehicles in line together.

Perimeter parking is on grass, no curb from the lot, just the concrete barriers at the end of the space. The parking places are longer than normal, so there is some room to party in front of your vehicle if you just clear the paved lot.
They have planted trees around the perimeter, which will offer nice shade in the future. Right now you have to watch out for the stakes & wires.

We are in lot 13. On the map it looked like quite a hike to the stadium. It's really not a bad walk at all.

I need to find out if they are going to provide bathroom trailers or portapotties. I vote for the trailers - they have AC.