PDA

View Full Version : Dirtiest Team?

oudivesherpa
8/9/2009, 02:37 PM
I have read several replies on this board that Miami will be the dirtiest team we will play this year. I have also heard that Bill Snyder (KSU's coach) instructs his team to take out the other teams QB. Which team is the Dirtiest team we play? Is there any way to find out which team has the most personal fouls? After watching last years OSU game, I would have to give them my rating for Dirtiest team, with a very cheap shots on one of our receivers.

TOP THREE DIRTIEST TEAMS:

OSU
MIAMI
KSU

goingoneight
8/9/2009, 03:02 PM
OSU went for OUr MLB's knees twice in one game last year.

SoonerStormchaser
8/9/2009, 03:02 PM
Texazz has had a few on us as well in the past few years...but I'll chalk that up to the rivalry.

silverwheels
8/9/2009, 03:05 PM
Virginia Tech is probably #1, or at least in the top 3.

soonersam
8/9/2009, 03:07 PM
Virginia Tech is probably #1, or at least in the top 3.

Agreed....... After sacking the QB they go after the family pet!!

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/9/2009, 03:44 PM
Agreed....... After sacking the QB they go after the family pet!!

Is this a dogfighting joke? If so, well played. :D

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 03:55 PM
dirty Sanchez

oopps

soonersam
8/9/2009, 04:13 PM
Is this a dogfighting joke? If so, well played. :D

Tis it is!!

The Remnant
8/9/2009, 04:18 PM
USC. Bastards.

snrfan65
8/9/2009, 05:07 PM
KSU under Snyder is by far the dirtiest team I have seen us play, and it's not close. As noted above, their entire gameplan is to injure our QB, in order to take him out or render him ineffective. They succeeded in hurting Hybl and White (and maybe Heupel too). Three QBs in a row. That's not a coincidence.

What was ironic was that they complained after the 2001 game about getting "twice as many" penalties as OU, when in fact they should have gotten twice as many as they DID get.

I have no love or respect for Snyder or his D coordinators or their program.

I also think the A&M players are dirty. Dirtier than the UT or OSU players.

golden85
8/9/2009, 05:58 PM
Played in the late 90s's at Tulsa. Hawaii and BYU are the dirtiest by far.

MojoRisen
8/9/2009, 06:13 PM
Not for nothing but legal hits on the QB seems like a good game plan to me.

ashley
8/9/2009, 08:01 PM
The D always wants to take out the other QB.

Dan Thompson
8/9/2009, 08:29 PM
The favorite play for SUC defense is a late hit out of bounds. Fox or ESPN show this all the time on the college football ads.

Soonerfan88
8/9/2009, 08:38 PM
KSU for sure. It's not the timing of their hits as much as what they are taught to do after the other player is down.

bstuff1979
8/9/2009, 08:58 PM
Don't know about this year, but Washington, last year, was a disgrace to the sport. As for this year, I'm going to say UF in the BCS title game at the Rose Bowl. They will be the worst, and they'll pay for it.

goingoneight
8/10/2009, 12:40 AM
KSU under Snyder is by far the dirtiest team I have seen us play, and it's not close. As noted above, their entire gameplan is to injure our QB, in order to take him out or render him ineffective. They succeeded in hurting Hybl and White (and maybe Heupel too). Three QBs in a row. That's not a coincidence.

What was ironic was that they complained after the 2001 game about getting "twice as many" penalties as OU, when in fact they should have gotten twice as many as they DID get.

I have no love or respect for Snyder or his D coordinators or their program.

I also think the A&M players are dirty. Dirtier than the UT or OSU players.

Are you one of those "Fire Stoops/Fire Venables" cats?

unbiasedtruth
8/10/2009, 12:56 AM
I dont know if you call this "dirty" or just playing "within the system". I heard last year that "I'm 40, I'm a man" Gundy was instructing his defensive players to fake cramps, especially leg cramps in the 3rd and 4th quarter against OU when their defense was getting worn down and tired, kinda of an extra 60 second time out and to try to get OU out of syc on offense.

SCOUT
8/10/2009, 01:21 AM
Injuries happen in college football, it is part of the game. It is just weird that most of our injuries, especially on offense, take place the week of the KSU game. Sure, it has only happened over the last 15 years or so, but it does seem odd.

goingoneight
8/10/2009, 01:25 AM
First time I saw a fake injury was Tejas at Tech a few years ago when they won Colt's frosh year. Mack may be a lot of things, but he's not dumb when it comes to getting his way with officiating. His lone MNC, if you'll remember, 6 critical points came off a bad call favoring Tejas, and he sent his PAT unit out to snap the ball and keep the points.

ThatGuy65
8/10/2009, 01:25 AM
When I was in high school in the early 2000s, Owasso was by far the dirtiest team we ever played. By far.

ThatGuy65
8/10/2009, 01:26 AM
When I was in high school in the early 2000s, Owasso was by far the dirtiest team we ever played. By far.

ThatGuy65
8/10/2009, 01:28 AM
When I was in high school in the early 2000s, Owasso was BY FAR the dirtiest team we played. It wasn't close. Of course, the same would probably be said about us too. Muskogee was really dirty too.

ThatGuy65
8/10/2009, 01:31 AM
When I was in high school in the early 2000s, Owasso was BY FAR the dirtiest team we played. It wasn't close. Of course, the same would probably be said about us too. Muskogee was really dirty too.

ThatGuy65
8/10/2009, 01:32 AM

That's all I got.

snrfan65
8/10/2009, 07:17 AM
Are you one of those "Fire Stoops/Fire Venables" cats?

Haha...No.

What I meant was, in the games played against KSU in the Stoops era, it seems like the the KSU defensive gameplan was to hurt or take out the OU QB, even if it resulted in a penalty.

That's what I was talking about in regard to the '01 game.

I appreciate coaches who play to win, but as someone pointed out above, it seems like our QBs were ALWAYS injured after playing KSU, and not always due to "clean" hits.

Think about the the Washington players who decided to not only take Granger to the ground, but sit on him and punch him. After that play, he was done for the year. AND, the UW players got away with it. Big difference between getting away with it and it being a clean play.

NormanPride
8/10/2009, 09:03 AM
KSU was bad, and Miami was in the 90s, but I think their current coach is a good dude. Personally, OSU and Tech have been the most chippy the last few times we've played them. OSU going after Box's knees is unforgivable...

gaylordfan1
8/10/2009, 09:08 AM
KSU was bad, and Miami was in the 90s, but I think their current coach is a good dude. Personally, OSU and Tech have been the most chippy the last few times we've played them. OSU going after Box's knees is unforgivable...

Yes, knee braces around the board this year against OSU. If it happens again, I say we take Pistol Pete hostage!

gaylordfan1
8/10/2009, 09:15 AM
Im kidding, I am against taking anyone hostage. I say we just beat them by 50!

oudivesherpa
8/10/2009, 11:41 AM
Played in the late 90s's at Tulsa. Hawaii and BYU are the dirtiest by far.

BYU? THE DIRTIEST? IT MUST BE SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

cheezyq
8/11/2009, 10:45 AM
I personally think that the Pac-10 and Big-12 referees are the dirtiest teams in college football.

OUMallen
8/11/2009, 10:51 AM
I dont know if you call this "dirty" or just playing "within the system". I heard last year that "I'm 40, I'm a man" Gundy was instructing his defensive players to fake cramps, especially leg cramps in the 3rd and 4th quarter against OU when their defense was getting worn down and tired, kinda of an extra 60 second time out and to try to get OU out of syc on offense.

It ain't classy...but it ain't dirty.