PDA

View Full Version : who will be the defensive leader?

ouwasp
8/8/2009, 07:37 PM
You know, the one who just has to raise his fist like Boz used to and get tens of thousands to roar? Who will the reporters want to get a piece of? Who will make a signature hit to label himself as the ***-kicker?

setem
8/8/2009, 07:41 PM
Lewis, McCoy, Beal, English, Franks any one of them could do it.

Lewis and McCoy need to be the big leaders if you ask me!

CK Sooner
8/8/2009, 07:44 PM
Quinton Carter will make the hits and Ryan Reynolds will be the leader. You could make an argument that Travis Lewis has taken a step up in that role and so has Keenan Clayton.

bstuff1979
8/8/2009, 08:56 PM
I get the impression that Gerald McCoy is more or less the unquestioned leader as far as the d goes. Of course, I'm not in the locker room, but that's who I'd go with.

AlbqSooner
8/8/2009, 09:06 PM
There is a difference between a leader and a star. Occasionally one player will occupy both roles. I see Gerald McCoy being a great leader on this defense. I do not see him as the guy who raises his fist and hears the roar of the crowd or the guy who the reporters want to get a piece of.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/8/2009, 09:29 PM
Quinton Carter will make the hits!

:D :D :D One of the guys with TONS of SWAGGER!!! I think the this D is full of SWAGGER!!!!! If they play like they should, look out this could be the BEST in the Stoops era!!! IMO! :D

htownsooner7
8/8/2009, 09:31 PM
There are two answers, because you ask two different questions. The "leader" is Gerald McCoy. The defensive player who plays to the crowd is Travis Lewis.

ouwasp
8/8/2009, 11:41 PM
If English stays healthy I think he may have the tools to do both...

ThatGuy65
8/8/2009, 11:44 PM
Ryan Reynolds was the guy last year. He'll be the guy this year.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/9/2009, 08:52 AM
I get the impression that Gerald McCoy is more or less the unquestioned leader as far as the d goes. Of course, I'm not in the locker room, but that's who I'd go with.

I agree. Around campus and on the field. McCoy was at about every basketball game, etc. He loves being a leader too.

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 01:29 PM
Ryan Reynolds was the guy last year. He'll be the guy this year.

agree. him and Gerald .. has to be those guys...