PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see the most this season.

mehip
8/8/2009, 10:36 AM
Is simply a shutout. I realize that we will score a lot of points on people but I'd love to see a defense that ignores what the offense is doing and shuts somebody out for 4 quarters and is just all out nasty from the starters down to the bottom of the depth chart.

We've been close holding Chattanooga (08) to 2, Utah State (07) to 3 and Colorado (06) to 3. I think our last shutout was against Middle Tennessee in 06. I'd love to a see a shut out or two pitched this season.

SPuL
8/8/2009, 10:39 AM
Let's shut-out texas. :D

olevetonahill
8/8/2009, 10:44 AM
In a perfect world
We would have 14 shut outs:D :D

soonermagic14
8/8/2009, 11:14 AM
another red river shutout would be awesome....esp. this year. what would mack whine about then? shutout the canes and huskers too

DMAFB_Sooner08
8/8/2009, 11:21 AM
Shutouts are a lot harder than everyone realizes, especially when your offense scores so many points, the 1st team D, doesnt play the whole game...for the most part, and when they do, we are playing a quality opponent.

JLEW1818
8/8/2009, 11:36 AM
I just want to see a healthy team

boomersooner28
8/8/2009, 12:03 PM
With our up-tempo 200 plays a game (:) ) offense, it is going to be difficult to shut out anyone. OUr defense sees the field too much.

BosworthXXXL
8/8/2009, 01:24 PM
8TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

htownsooner7
8/8/2009, 03:38 PM
I agree with the theme here. I really don't care about a "shutout" against idaho state, but I do care about having a dominant defense.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2009, 04:08 PM
I'm a softy in my old age. But I think shutting out a weak team like Idaho State is in poor form. If it happens in the normal course of clearing the bench, it happens. The last shutout that mattered was a 12-0 score at some stadium south of Norman (forget the details :) ). Now there's a shutout! Against a very good opponent in a situation where it was really needed to win the game!

I don't think this year will be quite like last year where we score something like 4pts/per possession and the opponent scores 2. The obvious strategy there is more possessions per game so that any flukey possesions (such as in the KSU game) average out. If the D is dominant, you want to shorten the game and minimize possessions. Will be interesting to see the personality of this years squad.

yermom
8/8/2009, 04:16 PM
i've seen enough shutout and blowouts

show me 14 wins :D

budbarrybob
8/8/2009, 04:24 PM
I wanna see me NOT cringe every time we kick off/return punt/return.

BoulderSooner79
8/8/2009, 04:26 PM
I wanna see me NOT cringe every time we kick off/return punt/return.

Look inward, my friend. Namaste.

olevetonahill
8/8/2009, 06:00 PM
i've seen enough shutout and blowouts

show me 14 wins :D

I agree But I did say In a Perfect world 14 Shutouts would make me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

stoopified
8/8/2009, 06:02 PM
In a perfect world
We would have 14 shut outs:D :DCount me in.

wishbonesooner
8/8/2009, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see us play with that attitude of 2000-2001. Where every player acts like every play matters, and it's personal. If the Sooners play hungry like those teams, I'm happy.

RedstickSooner
8/9/2009, 05:20 AM
I just want to see a healthy team

Agreed. If we stay healthy, I think everything else we want will follow.

EnragedOUfan
8/9/2009, 06:41 AM
- Sam Bradford win another Heisman trophy
- OU win a 4th consecutive Big 12 championship
- OU win a bowl game
- The inner beast inside DeMarco Murray unleash against Texas
- An OU defense who ranks number one in every category
- Oklahoma State beat Georgia
- Alabama lose to Virginia Tech
- USC lose to Ohio State
- Florida lose to either LSU/Ole Miss/Bama in the SEC championship game
- Every Big 12 team win their bowl game minus Texas
- Texas lose to OU and Oklahoma State so that their ego and pride will no longer exist
- Bob Stoops to win Coach of the Year
- The SEC to have a bad year so that sports writers/networks across the nation will realize that the sport of football exists all over the United States and that there are other great teams and players whom exist outside the South