View Full Version : Elk River

StoopTroup
8/8/2009, 05:13 AM
Anyone been down the river this year?

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 08:03 AM
Well...

I have ST. :D

It was fun. It's up in Noel Missouri. There were a lot of Jayhawkers and Mildcats representin' on the River. I didn't see any sign of any Mizzou kittykats though.

Took our kids down the 4 hour float. We had only one incident where we ran into some drunks who basically blocked a small part of the river for a photo shot of some big gals with little boobs who were flashing for beer. When we asked them if they could keep their shirt on until we got our kids on by...one of their redneck boy friends got all in a tizzy with my BIL and threaten to kick his ***.

His girl friends told their RNB that my BIL had apologized and that it was alright so he calmed down...which was good because He didn't know I was in a raft behind them and I didn't have to start a war with his meth head ***. :D

Anyway...just the one incident.

If they had been hawt chics...I would have had to reprimand my BIL. :D

It's a great River but if your gonna ever go...avoid River Ranch Resort Floats. Their equipment isn't as nice as Elk River Floats.

This was my Kids 1st River float. They loved it.

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 08:28 AM
We saw a few of these...

YNaWwQOR2I8&NR=1

OU-HSV
8/9/2009, 08:30 AM
I'm glad you posted this. I've been wanting to go float over there...I was actually looking at that area online a couple weeks ago.
Did you camp there as well? Was the camping area nice?

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 08:50 AM
Glad you asked. My Sister and her Husband and two small girls were gonnna camp at River Ranch Resorts facilities but they were packed.

They couldn't get us on the River until 1 pm yesterday even though we called on Tuesday. When we got off the river the campground was so packed with drunks that he thought it might not be the place for his kids. He went in to get his Camp Ground dough back and they refused him. It's only $24 bucks for the campground but our Famlies spent $80 on the two canoes, $120 on the 6 man raft that was really only a 4 man raft. We dropped $30 on Misc stuff like sunglasses and neck floats for the glasses and around $40-50 on lunch and ice for the coolers.

So close to $320 and they had to have the $24 he put down on the piece of ground he didn't use. Our Raft lost some air on the 4 hour trip so if you went longer...it would have really sucked on the longer trip. Also one of the canoes took on water so we had to stop and empty it 3 times in 4 hours.

The River...it's a great place. I've been down the Illinois River in Tahlequah all my life and the Elk was a nice change of pace. They said there were River Patrol down there...but I never saw any unlike the Illinois now. I've seen a number of River Patrol ticketing drunk folks who were about to do stupid stuff.

We'll go back again next year and do a tad more research on finding a nicer place to stay and rent Canoes from. I suggest getting the canoe unless you just want to float and drink. The one man kayaks we saw looked fun also if you wanted to do something by yourself or with a buddy. They could really maneuver around much better. Also...not like regular kayaks either. You could lay back and put a small cooler between your legs and have fun shooting down the river.

I suggest mardi gras beads and extra beer if you want to see some titties. :D Make sure you get a waterproof camera at Academy for good tittie shots ($9.99 for a 27 shot Fuji)

If you go through Arkansas from Siloam Springs to get there...don't speed. Do the speed limit everywhere. Lots of Cops waiting to give tickets.

OU-HSV
8/9/2009, 09:08 AM
Glad you asked. My Sister and her Husband and two small girls were gonnna camp at River Ranch Resorts facilities but they were packed.

They couldn't get us on the River until 1 pm yesterday even though we called on Tuesday. When we got off the river the campground was so packed with drunks that he thought it might not be the place for his kids. He went in to get his Camp Ground dough back and they refused him. It's only $24 bucks for the campground but our Famlies spent $80 on the two canoes, $120 on the 6 man raft that was really only a 4 man raft. We dropped $30 on Misc stuff like sunglasses and neck floats for the glasses and around $40-50 on lunch and ice for the coolers.

So close to $320 and they had to have the $24 he put down on the piece of ground he didn't use. Our Raft lost some air on the 4 hour trip so if you went longer...it would have really sucked on the longer trip. Also one of the canoes took on water so we had to stop and empty it 3 times in 4 hours.

The River...it's a great place. I've been down the Illinois River in Tahlequah all my life and the Elk was a nice change of pace. They said there were River Patrol down there...but I never saw any unlike the Illinois now. I've seen a number of River Patrol ticketing drunk folks who were about to do stupid stuff.

We'll go back again next year and do a tad more research on finding a nicer place to stay and rent Canoes from. I suggest getting the canoe unless you just want to float and drink. The one man kayaks we saw looked fun also if you wanted to do something by yourself or with a buddy. They could really maneuver around much better. Also...not like regular kayaks either. You could lay back and put a small cooler between your legs and have fun shooting down the river.

I suggest mardi gras beads and extra beer if you want to see some titties. :D Make sure you get a waterproof camera at Academy for good tittie shots ($9.99 for a 27 shot Fuji)

If you go through Arkansas from Siloam Springs to get there...don't speed. Do the speed limit everywhere. Lots of Cops waiting to give tickets.
Thanks for the info.
It's been several years since I floated. Used to float the Illinois, but I don't do that anymore. I've posted my reason why I don't float there on here before/and most recently I posted that reason/story on another familiar message board a couple of days ago.
We probably won't get to float this summer, but next summer we may go try the Elk. Sounds like we may want to find a little better camping area. However, my wife and I...and our friends will probably leave the kids behind and just have an adult camping weekend. So we may be okay with staying in the area you mentioned.

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 09:23 AM
Cool. Have fun.