PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, LA media turning on Pete Carroll?

rainiersooner
8/8/2009, 02:29 AM
Very interesting article....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-plaschke8-2009aug08,0,2742367.column?page=1

Curly Bill
8/8/2009, 02:57 AM
It was interesting. Lets hope the author is on to something, because so far I have little faith the NCAA is going to do its job in the case of USuC.

Flagstaffsooner
8/8/2009, 03:24 AM
Well **** my pants, its OU's fault.:(

Many Trojans fans were upset that the most condemning quote in The Times' story about the possible Rodriguez violations came from a former NCAA investigator named J. Brent Clark. This is because Clark also happens to be the author of the book, "Sooner Century: 100 Glorious Years of Oklahoma Football."

Only in college football could passions run so deep that Clark's statements indeed reek of regional bias, but there is an easy way for Carroll to avoid allowing any Sooner or Gator or Longhorn to speculate on his future.

The Remnant
8/8/2009, 10:48 AM
I liked it when alot of the fans booed him when he showed up at Dodger Stadium two weeks ago. The people who booed were probably Bruin fans.

soonersam
8/8/2009, 11:47 AM
We get hammered by the media when our QB is washing invisable cars in his sleep and claiming time. Yet USC is giving away homes and it goes mostly untalked about!!

soonerchris
8/8/2009, 02:55 PM
Think of it like this. The NCAA needs usc. There arent any other colleges other than ucla n the l.a. area that are going to draw in the crowds which equals money for the ncaa. If ucla was as successful the shoe would be on the other foot. It just so happens its usc. Out here there are alot of influential people with money and theyre willing to spend it........on someting that they can themselves associate with winning and popularity.

SoonerStormchaser
8/8/2009, 06:09 PM
I stopped caring about U$C's cheating a long time ago and just resort to hoping that they lose every single game each season...but I've been happy with their annual one-game clunker against a ****ty opponent.

rainiersooner
8/8/2009, 09:25 PM
What he said!

ARCO IRIS
8/9/2009, 08:13 AM
"This is because Clark also happens to be the author of the book, "Sooner Century: 100 Glorious Years of Oklahoma Football."

Only in college football could passions run so deep that Clark's statements indeed reek of regional bias"

Is this an oblique attempt at a defense? It's not the Condums fault they got caught. Its revenge by the Sooners and/or other teams. Am I reading that right?

PLaw
8/9/2009, 09:20 AM
"This is because Clark also happens to be the author of the book, "Sooner Century: 100 Glorious Years of Oklahoma Football."

Only in college football could passions run so deep that Clark's statements indeed reek of regional bias"

Is this an oblique attempt at a defense? It's not the Condums fault they got caught. Its revenge by the Sooners and/or other teams. Am I reading that right?

Hmm, is that UT's angle everytime that get slapped from Kansas City?

BOOMER

PLaw
8/9/2009, 09:25 AM
Think of it like this. The NCAA needs usc. There arent any other colleges other than ucla n the l.a. area that are going to draw in the crowds which equals money for the ncaa. If ucla was as successful the shoe would be on the other foot. It just so happens its usc. Out here there are alot of influential people with money and theyre willing to spend it........on someting that they can themselves associate with winning and popularity.

SC has been afoul of the National Communist Against Athletes before, the NCAA is a non-profit organization (yeah, right :rolleyes: ), and I would love for Stoops to get another shot at 'em to amend for the TGOFWWDNS.

BOOMER

PLaw
8/9/2009, 09:27 AM
Very interesting article....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-plaschke8-2009aug08,0,2742367.column?page=1

Sort of highlights the character difference between Carrol and Stoops. I'll take Bob every time.

BOOMER

stoopified
8/9/2009, 09:39 AM
I can't see how the NCAA can bitchslap FSU,let USC slide.

Flagstaffsooner
8/9/2009, 09:51 AM
I can't see how the NCAA can bitchslap FSU,let USC slide.Maybe because Bawbee Bowden bends over and greases his *** with Vasaline while Petey sucks their cocks.

badger
8/9/2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think the NCAA needs SC, because it turns out that they never needed Miami either, despite their huge draw in south Florida. UCLA is on the rise again and they actually have fans that care about the team. SC just has celebrities that like to cling to winners a la the Lakers.

I don't see this article as the LA media turning on SC. Every media region has at least one writer that doesn't like a local team - Dallas has writers that don't like OU, Houston has writers that don't like A&M (I hope someone's already linked the annual article suggesting they move to C-USA), etc. Even the biggest paper in NE Wisconsin had a writer that never had anything good to say about the Packers... and yes, everyone hated him and wrote tons of letters to the editor about how they hated him and were canceling subscriptions because of him, heh.

I think we can all once again give up on anything happening to SC via the NCAA... however, I will once again suggest that the threat of something happening has helped rival schools steal SC-bound recruits.