PDA

View Full Version : Hulu: good news, bad news.

rainiersooner
8/7/2009, 11:26 PM
I was on www.hulu.com today (for those of you not familiar with the website, you can watch various movies, tv shows, sport events, etc.). Good news is that they've got numerous Fox broadcasts of BCS bowl games in their entirety. Bad news...it gives us Sooner fans the opportunity to watch the last two Fiesta Bowls and the National Championship in their entirety. I will say that because its been 3 years since I've watched the Boise State game - I had forgotten how much heart we showed to even come back and almost win the game. Anyway, there's a lot of good football content on the site.

o0Dan0o
8/8/2009, 11:06 PM
There's a website, http://forums.tenyardtorrents.com/ , where people capture and then share games for most any team (larger teams are more common). Some are HD, pretty much all the OU games from last season are up there.

I am not sure of what legal issues are involved, download at your risk.
Dan

SPuL
8/8/2009, 11:22 PM
I was on www.hulu.com today (for those of you not familiar with the website, you can watch various movies, tv shows, sport events, etc.). Good news is that they've got numerous Fox broadcasts of BCS bowl games in their entirety. Bad news...it gives us Sooner fans the opportunity to watch the last two Fiesta Bowls and the National Championship in their entirety. I will say that because its been 3 years since I've watched the Boise State game - I had forgotten how much heart we showed to even come back and almost win the game. Anyway, there's a lot of good football content on the site.

You know what, man, that's what pisses me off about that game. People only remember those trick plays. Nobody else mentions how we were down and out. Like what we were down about 3 touchdowns in the 4th or something. Then we had to make 2 pt conversions. Then the great interception TD to give us the lead.

Not to mention this was the year when Rhett Bomar got kicked to the curb and it was just amazing that we GOT THERE with all the BS the Sooners had to overcome. (Oregon game, Bomar, AD injury)

Honestly, Boise St. were a darn good football team that yr

CK Sooner
8/8/2009, 11:23 PM
Watching the Fiesta Bowl now.

tigepilot
8/8/2009, 11:52 PM
The only thing that still bugs me about that game is when people act like it was the greatest upset of all time... the team that won was ranked higher and unbeaten. The only place this was an upset was Vegas which had OU as a 7 point favorite. Hell, OU-Florida State in the 2001 Orange bowl had nearly twice the spread and the underdog won in that game with none of the biggest upset over talk.

Other than that, it was a really good game in which OU came up just short.

I'm much more bothered by the LSU (because OU coulda won and gotten a championship), USC (because it was so damned embarrassing without even distorting the facts) , West Virginia (should have won this one), and Florida (because OU coulda won and gotten a championship) losses.

ThatGuy65
8/9/2009, 12:00 AM
There's a website, http://forums.tenyardtorrents.com/ , where people capture and then share games for most any team (larger teams are more common). Some are HD, pretty much all the OU games from last season are up there.

How do I find games on this site?

o0Dan0o
8/9/2009, 12:07 AM
How do I find games on this site?

You have to register. Then there should be a NCAA section that has forums for each week, choose the week and then find the thread with the game in it. Some of the torrents for games are dead now (no peers) since it's been so long and the new season is about to start.
Dan

CK Sooner
8/9/2009, 12:16 AM
You do not have to register.

Edit: Nevermind. I thought you were talking about Hulu.

SPuL
8/9/2009, 12:41 AM
The only thing that still bugs me about that game is when people act like it was the greatest upset of all time... the team that won was ranked higher and unbeaten. The only place this was an upset was Vegas which had OU as a 7 point favorite. Hell, OU-Florida State in the 2001 Orange bowl had nearly twice the spread and the underdog won in that game with none of the biggest upset over talk.

Other than that, it was a really good game in which OU came up just short.

I'm much more bothered by the LSU (because OU coulda won and gotten a championship), USC (because it was so damned embarrassing without even distorting the facts) , West Virginia (should have won this one), and Florida (because OU coulda won and gotten a championship) losses.
yup agree.

as for the USC game. It's funny, we score a TD first drive. Then we stop them. Then we get stopped? Then we stop them again.

up until this point. Game looked good for us. Then on the punt. I forget exact happening or who it was, all I know it was a STUPID idea to try to field it and he tried, and BOOM fumble, USC at goaline. Next thing you know, tie game.

and wheels came off. ughh

Hella Sideburns
8/9/2009, 03:07 AM
i had forgotten all about the three 2-point conversion attempts against Boise St.

That was gut-wrenching to watch, even now.

Hella Sideburns
8/9/2009, 03:09 AM
somehow i posted this 3 times

Hella Sideburns
8/9/2009, 03:20 AM
oh my god i hate my laptop

adoniijahsooner
8/9/2009, 08:19 AM
Ive been knowing about this for a few months, but since it's only losses on there I decided against telling everyone.