PDA

View Full Version : Billy Mays all coked up

soonersam
8/7/2009, 05:17 PM
That explains alot!!!

SoonerStormchaser
8/7/2009, 05:20 PM
How about you wait for the FINAL report (not some speculative crap that they're reporting) before you go spouting this stuff off?

CK Sooner
8/7/2009, 05:21 PM
Where did you hear this?

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:23 PM
TAMPA, Fla. — An autopsy shows that cocaine use contributed to the death of boisterous TV pitchman Billy Mays, officials announced Friday.

The 50-year-old info-mercial king died of a heart attack in his sleep after going to bed at his Tampa condo the night of June 27. His wife found him unresponsive the next morning.

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office Friday said although Mays died from heart disease, cocaine use was a contributing cause of death. Mays had last used cocaine days before his death, the report said.

PHOTOS: Billy Mays' Top 10 TV products.

The Mays family issued a statement Friday saying, "We are extremely disappointed by the press release released by the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office. We believe it contains speculative conclusions that are frankly unnecessary and tend to obscure the conclusion that Billy suffered from chronic, untreated hypertension, which only demonstrates how important it is to regularly monitor one's health."

According to the family's statement, Mays used prescription pain medication for a severe hip condition but always at recommended levels and under the guidance of his physician.

"We were totally unaware of any non prescription drug usage and are actively considering an independent evaluation of the autopsy results," the family said.

Mays was a pop-culture fixture with his energetic commercials pitching gadgets and cleaning products like Orange Glo and OxiClean.

He developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "As Seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked on commission on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.

He got his start on TV on the Home Shopping Network and then branched out into commercials and infomercials. He developed such a strong following that he became the subject of a reality TV series, Discovery Channel's "Pitchmen."

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538220,00.html

CK Sooner
8/7/2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks. It looks pretty legit.

soonersam
8/7/2009, 05:35 PM
How about you wait for the FINAL report (not some speculative crap that they're reporting) before you go spouting this stuff off?

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office isnt TMZ!!!!

Pump the brakes kid.

soonersam
8/7/2009, 05:39 PM
Maybe that wasnt oxyclean he was pimpin..... Just a great scheme to get coke into the states!!

walkoffsooner
8/7/2009, 06:30 PM
Yea looks like he was a snorter to bad

KC//CRIMSON
8/7/2009, 11:51 PM
Where did you hear this?

In the thread titled Billy Mays Dead

OUAlumni1990
8/8/2009, 12:14 AM
well at least he died happy

JLEW1818
8/8/2009, 01:06 AM
i could give 2 ****s about people who **** their life up on drugs.....

i don't care what your daddy did... if he's so ****ed up, why would you wanna be like him?

just my take, got lots of alcoholics and drug folks in my family

not a hard choice... "oh well they are losers, why would i want to be one too"

not hard

not that it really pertains to Billy

StoopTroup
8/8/2009, 05:16 AM
I like drunks.

Meth Heads....I can do without them.

GrapevineSooner
8/8/2009, 08:23 AM
I like drunks.

Meth Heads....I can do without them.

But when you've got crappy insurance, a crappy job as a chemistry teacher, and you just learned you have terminal lung cancer, they can be a great source of extra income on the side.

OUAlumni1990
8/8/2009, 02:17 PM
coke and meth are completely 2 different things, which one are we talking about?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2009, 02:23 PM
Coke.

I can't believe the world's most famous cola gave Billy Mays a heart attack.

WHY BILLY!? WHY NOT SOME WORTHLESS COLA DRINKER AS OPPOSED TO BILLY MAYS WHO WE ALL LOVED BECAUSE HE SOLD WORTHLESS SH*T ON TV!?

Here's where I collapse to the floor in screaming, grieving tears.

COME BACK, BILLY!

OUAlumni1990
8/8/2009, 02:25 PM
I am glad I only drink dr pepper, I didn't realize how dangerous coke was!!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2009, 03:02 PM
http://pepsicollectibles.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/images/DSC04331.JPG

If only he chose Pepsi, the choice of a new generation!

soonersam
8/8/2009, 03:11 PM
coke and meth are completely 2 different things, which one are we talking about?

Talking about coke aka Bumps, lines, Nose Candy, Blow, Powder, Chalk, White Dreams, White Lady, Stripper Dust, Vegas Snow storm, and my favorite Shebanging........

Had to call the only user I know to get Shebanging!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/8/2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.counterpoint-music.com/specialties/images/williamhung.jpg

sooner ngintunr
8/8/2009, 03:26 PM
White Pony, Straps, Lineas...

GrapevineSooner
8/8/2009, 04:04 PM
I am glad I only drink dr pepper, I didn't realize how dangerous coke was!!

I usually do Coke, and then a Dr. Pepper chaser.

I haven't died, yet!

OUAlumni1990
8/8/2009, 04:57 PM
I usually do Coke, and then a Dr. Pepper chaser.

I haven't died, yet!

I hear the really hardcore dr pepper users shoot up

KC//CRIMSON
8/8/2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.incompetentpictures.com/sitefiles/Rick%20James%202.jpg

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Petro-Sooner
8/9/2009, 12:13 AM
HEH

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 08:19 AM
6KfDymStuxc

StoopTroup
8/9/2009, 08:20 AM
Hdpjo4apX40&NR=1

beer4me
8/9/2009, 05:20 PM
The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office isnt TMZ!!!!

Pump the brakes kid.

So what are they going to release to the public that you have been doing when you go?

Oh wait nothing caz just like me no one GARA.