PDA

View Full Version : According to Rivals network, DeMarco Murray recently strained his hamstring

SPuL
8/7/2009, 03:21 PM
Talked to one of my friends who works with Rivals and he copied and pasted the article for me from soonerscoop.com. DeMarco and Stoops said it wasn't SERIOUS. and that he should be 100% for season.

still scary

here:
http://ousoonernation.blogspot.com/2009/08/demarco-murray-strains-hamstring-not.html

I'm probably not supposed to do that. But shhh keep it on the low! :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:23 PM
he's never going to be healthy... i don't see him having much of an NFL career, when he is getting this hurt in college...

I know AD got hurt some in college, but DM body is no even close to Peterson's.

SPuL
8/7/2009, 03:26 PM
Lol it pisses me off in NCAA 2010. It's like every other play Murray goes down. In my online dynasty with my friends, first came played some FCS school. He had 600 yds rushng and 8 TDs for me. Was gonna win heisman. Then he got injured next game for year LOL

but yea, thank god we got Chris Brown too

Curly Bill
Another reason:

Chris Brown > Demarco Murray

:D

JLEW1818
yup, said it this time last year, we won't win it all without Chris Brown... same for this year

SPuL
8/7/2009, 03:29 PM
Yea, and I only heard a lot of great things about Calhoun.

He's only 9 ranking pts behind Murray and Brown in NCAA 10 too lol

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2009, 03:31 PM
Doh!!

Maybe we get a nice surprise from Calhoun (I hope)

Jdog
8/7/2009, 03:31 PM
reminds me of Demond Parker

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:32 PM
I'm sure Madu, is still taking plenty of snaps at running back

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2009, 03:33 PM
Stoops says it just a minor thing. Whew!:rolleyes:

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:35 PM
heard that b4.. ha

yermom
8/7/2009, 03:36 PM
he was dressed for practice with the team when i drove by them yesterday afternoon :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:38 PM
he was dressed for practice with the team when i drove by them yesterday afternoon :D

were u that guy in the ice cream truck??? :D :D :D :D :D ;)

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I heard earlier today that he strained his hamy. I didn't want to post it bc I read the last thread about the rumor of his injury a week ago. I didn't want to get ran off this soon.

delhalew
8/7/2009, 04:32 PM
Stoops says it just a minor thing. Whew!:rolleyes:

At which point you begin praying he's still alive.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 04:49 PM
He's ok, I can see him through his dorm room window. I think he's eating froot loops... maybe fruity pebbles. I can't see all that well, the blinds are in my way.

NormanPride
8/7/2009, 05:00 PM
Out 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. Will be 100% ready by BYU.

htownsooner7
8/7/2009, 05:01 PM
Not sure this is anything. DM just needs to be ready for gm 1, don't think he needs too many reps in August.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:09 PM
and hell if he aint ready for game one... DON'T FREAKING PLAY HIM!

no use trying to get him hurt more, especially in a non-conference game.

start Brown, and see how it goes...

humblesooner
8/7/2009, 05:15 PM
It's funny how "he is hurt now, but will be OK in a couple of weeks" doesn't worry some. Like once he recovers, he will be good for the year.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:17 PM
exactly....

I don't believe stuff until i see it anymore...

CK Sooner
8/7/2009, 05:23 PM
Even though he should be back for the season opener this is still not good because of all the practices he is going to miss.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:24 PM
reminds me of last year... slow start

CK Sooner
8/7/2009, 05:34 PM
reminds me of last year... slow start

I think he knows that he needs to have a really good year. Since the tweak is on the other leg I think he will be fine and good to go.

SPuL
8/7/2009, 08:24 PM
I agree with not risking it. Start Chris. Chris can more than do the job.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry, I cant seem to start a thread so here's my question... Does anyone know what Stoops meant when he said he wasn't pleased with J. Owens? I heard The Blevins talking about it on the radio. Not sure if it was him getting in trouble or maybe not in shape?

CK Sooner
8/7/2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry, I cant seem to start a thread so here's my question... Does anyone know what Stoops meant when he said he wasn't pleased with J. Owens? I heard The Blevins talking about it on the radio. Not sure if it was him getting in trouble or maybe not in shape?

Lazy and poor footwork. If you go and watch the videos on SoonerSports they had one where the had to go through cones and everyone did fine with it, but Jameel knocked them over everytime.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 10:31 PM
just watched the Stoops interview... he said if it came down to it, Madu would move back to running back, if something happened.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 10:48 PM
thanks

SPuL
8/7/2009, 11:33 PM
just watched the Stoops interview... he said if it came down to it, Madu would move back to running back, if something happened.
How madu looking at WR?

JLEW1818
8/8/2009, 01:02 AM
looking good... but if something happened to DM and Chris... Madu is gonna move back... or at least that's his thought at the moment

he said he proved himself in the big 12 championship game.

Curly Bill
8/8/2009, 01:06 AM
looking good... but if something happened to DM and Chris... Madu is gonna move back... or at least that's his thought at the moment

he said he proved himself in the big 12 championship game.

Who said he proved himself? Did Madu say it himelf, or did Bob say it?

Not saying that he didn't prove himself mind you.

Okie35
8/8/2009, 01:29 AM
Another reason:

So true. As a pure running back yes.

goingoneight
8/8/2009, 02:00 AM
Sounds like DM maybe went a little too hard on it at practice after being out of full-contact since last December. Brody Eldridge has done this twice and never had any surgeries or anything more than time to let swelling go down.

JLEW1818
8/8/2009, 01:38 PM
yah, ESPN just said he's sitting out 2 weeks

IronHorseSooner
8/8/2009, 02:28 PM
The main concern here would be contact drills; he needs to get be game ready. However, RB is a position with HIGH quality depth (Calhoun would be starting for just about any other school in the Big XII not located in Oklahoma), as well as a Mike Alstott-type FB in Clapp. If he's not ready by BYU, set him, and see what Calhoun can do. Gives some reps at KR to guys like Kinney or Calhoun, as well....If Owens is dogging it, that opens the door for a guys Kinney and Miller, who are tremendous athletes, and are very hard workers.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/8/2009, 09:58 PM
Another reason:

I have told my wife's Grandpa that over and over and over..... I'm glad i'm not crazy!!! :D

o0Dan0o
8/9/2009, 12:02 AM
Murry's injuries have all been pretty freakish, not unlike AD's (breaks his damn collar bone...). Freshman year Murry dislocates his kneecap against TT, that is normally a 1 year rehab and "The injury is seldom permanently disabling and usually heals completely." There is a tu player who dislocated his kneecap towards the end of last season I believe, I don't think he's supposed to be able to play until after the season starts.

Then, last year against Mizzou in the CCG he takes a very odd hit in the opening kickoff, shoulder pad pretty solid on the thigh, tears his hamstring... That's just unlucky.

I wouldn't judge his durability based solely on those injuries. Just like I didn't judge AD's based on his injuries.
Dan

josh09
8/9/2009, 12:53 PM
I saw this news last night on ESPN news, it said he'll be back to 100 percent in 2 weeks. Nothing to worry about, IMO

MojoRisen
8/9/2009, 01:07 PM
You play at that level, hey... Like one dude dsaid you start going fast and your bod ai'nt ready shiate happens.

He would have 2 weeks to practice , be prepared to sit him another week unless - he is ready!

MojoRisen
8/9/2009, 01:09 PM
You play at that level, hey... Like one dude said you start going fast and your bound to get hurt and if you are not ready shiate happens.

He would have 2 weeks to practice , be prepared to sit him another week unless - he is ready!

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 01:23 PM
just be ready by the Miami game.. and I'm cool

MojoRisen
8/9/2009, 01:40 PM
You play at that level, hey... Like one dude said you start going fast and your bound to get hurt and if you are not ready shiate happens.

olevetonahill
8/9/2009, 01:51 PM

http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/thumbs/mr-echo-pedal.jpg

soonerloyal
8/9/2009, 02:09 PM
just be ready by the Miami game.. and I'm cool

That'd be kewl, JLew, but Miami isn't exactly known to be a team who plays cleanly.

Gotta take my "Mama's Worryin' Shawl" offa mah head. *bites nails* :O

OUmillenium
8/9/2009, 02:41 PM
You play at that level, hey... Like one dude dsaid you start going fast and your bod ai'nt ready shiate happens.

Wow, I went back to page 2 and saw this for the 3rd time.:pop:

BoulderSooner79
8/9/2009, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't trust any of these reports on DM's health until I see him performing on the field. It's the way Bob handles these things and I've got no problem with it.

JLEW1818
8/9/2009, 03:51 PM
agree

kelloggOUballa
8/9/2009, 08:03 PM
First off, I love Chris Brown, and he has been a tremendous player for the Sooners. You really need to ave two running backs or more, unless of course you have a once in a lifetime talent like AD, and CB has been a very productive back for us. But to say he is a better back than DeMarco is a very false statement. DM is not only a breakaway threat, but he can run it between the tackles with the best of 'em and he can also catch the ball very well.. He is a better pure running back than Reggie Bush because of his ability to run in between the tackles.. Yeah, he needs to stay healthy, but that's all a luck thing. No one is in better shape than these athletes, and any injury is just bad luck. "Injury prone" is a term I have never used, because anyone can get hurt at any time. Let's hope for a healthy season for DM, a national title and maybe even a Heisman! BOOMER SOONER!

BoulderSooner79
8/9/2009, 09:35 PM
You're correct about needing depth at running back, *including* when you have a guy like AD. AD dislocated his shoulder his freshman year (post season surgery), badly sprained ankle soph. year and broken collar bone Jr. year. But even in his healthy games, he needed to take a few series off.

TMcGee86
8/10/2009, 11:23 AM
Sit him till the bowl game.

swardboy
8/10/2009, 11:53 AM

That's the ONE game last season I wisht we'd a had him.....

SoonerPr8r
8/10/2009, 12:21 PM
Lol it pisses me off in NCAA 2010. It's like every other play Murray goes down. In my online dynasty with my friends, first came played some FCS school. He had 600 yds rushng and 8 TDs for me. Was gonna win heisman. Then he got injured next game for year LOL

but yea, thank god we got Chris Brown too

Ya he seems to get hurt by the 3rd quarter every time he plays and when he is not getting hurt he is fumbling either 4 times a game or loosing the ball on the game winning drive....[in NCAA 10]

SPuL
8/10/2009, 12:45 PM
^ahahahah tell me about it! I don't know HOW MANY Times I run a stretch with him to far left or far right, when he gets hit hard, ball pops free they return it for a TD. Then he ends up injured. ahhh

SoonerSoph
8/10/2009, 01:37 PM

Is it sad that a part of me went, "YEAH!" :O