PDA

View Full Version : USA Today coaches pole is out.......

Sooner24
8/7/2009, 08:27 AM
we're #3

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

Jacie
8/7/2009, 08:30 AM
I don't think we should be talking about where OUr coach's pole ranks . . .

OUDoc
8/7/2009, 08:39 AM
You think Bob voted himself #1?

If anyone else did it, I'd wonder about them. We may end up #1, but I wouldn't put us #1 right now.

soonerfan28
8/7/2009, 08:40 AM
Between OU and Texas we'll probably lose in the polls until they lose or after we beat em'.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 08:42 AM
OSU is right where I thought they would be...If they beat Georgia in the first game, they could be top 7 or 8 by week 2

Widescreen
8/7/2009, 09:28 AM
Coaches with votes that have ties to Stoops:

Mangino, Pelini, Leach, Kragthorpe, Spurrier, Sumlin

It's good to have associates with votes.

StoopTroup
8/7/2009, 09:31 AM
Shouldn't the rankings be...

1. Florida
*. Texas
3. Oklahoma

???????

Mac94
8/7/2009, 09:33 AM
OSU is right where I thought they would be...If they beat Georgia in the first game, they could be top 7 or 8 by week 2

If they start out 2-0 they'll be a solid top 10 squad before slipping off the radar for about a month. IF they beat Georgia and Houston they'll have two nice skins on the wall before they fade into the background with Rice, Grambling, a bye week, then my Aggies. Start 2-0 and they should be 5-0 hosting Missouri ... the next game posing any real challenge for them.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 09:38 AM
Stoops is now a voter??

The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 59 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. The board for the 2009 season: Robb Akey, Idaho; Gary Andersen, Utah State; David Bailiff, Rice; Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Tim Beckman, Toledo; Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tim Brewster, Minnesota; J.D. Brookhart, Akron; Rich Brooks, Kentucky; Troy Calhoun, Air Force; Neil Callaway, UAB; Dave Christensen, Wyoming; Dave Clawson, Bowling Green; Mario Cristobal, Florida International; David Cutcliffe, Duke; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Butch Davis, North Carolina; Todd Dodge, North Texas; Ron English, Eastern Michigan; Larry Fedora, Southern Miss; Al Golden, Temple; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Jim Harbaugh, Stanford; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Brian Kelly, Cincinnati; Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Jim Leavitt, South Florida; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Les Miles, LSU; Dan Mullen, Mississippi State; Rick Neuheisel, UCLA; Ken Niumatalolo, Navy; Tom O'Brien, N.C. State; Stan Parrish, Ball State; Gary Patterson, TCU; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Michigan; Nick Saban, Alabama; Mike Sanford, UNLV; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Mike Sherman, Texas A&M; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma; Kevin Sumlin, Houston; Jeff Tedford, California; Bob Toledo, Tulane; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; DeWayne Walker, New Mexico State; Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame; Tommy West, Memphis; Paul Wulff, Washington State; Ron Zook, Illinois.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 09:41 AM
4 SEC! teams in the top 10.

#1 Florida, #5 Alabama, #9 LSU, #10 Mississippi

Ole Miss is wayyyy overrated.

NormanPride
8/7/2009, 09:44 AM
Honestly, I think the whole SEC is going to be overrated this year.

OUDoc
8/7/2009, 10:00 AM
Stoops is now a voter??

Yes.
Apparently he didn't like not being a voter when the 3-way tie happened last year.

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 10:11 AM
HAHAHA ND is ranked.

That's too funny.

sooner94
8/7/2009, 11:01 AM

I think you are right about that.

badger
8/7/2009, 11:10 AM
Honestly, I think the whole SEC is going to be overrated this year.

Will they be overrated, or just beat each other to a pulp to the point that they are unrecognizable and unable to compete for the crystal ball?

Ohio State (scuze me, i meant THE ohio state...) , however, will be perfectly willing and able to lose in the national championship game come January... I just hope that we win the lottery to beat them this time.

Funny how the country makes and laughs at jokes like that at tOSU's expense, but opponents still fear OU regardless of our recent bowl record. Must be a Big 10 vs. Big 12 thing.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 11:20 AM
Will they be overrated, or just beat each other to a pulp to the point that they are unrecognizable and unable to compete for the crystal ball?

Ohio State (scuze me, i meant THE ohio state...) , however, will be perfectly willing and able to lose in the national championship game come January... I just hope that we win the lottery to beat them this time.

Funny how the country makes and laughs at jokes like that at tOSU's expense, but opponents still fear OU regardless of our recent bowl record. Must be a Big 10 vs. Big 12 thing.

Hey up there in the North, The Big 11 thinks they are competitive.

Ex:
Michigan State fan: That Keith Nichol guy basically beat out Sam Bradford at Oklahoma, but at MSU he's our 2nd-almost 3rd string QB!

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 11:25 AM
yah, Stoops is a voter again, we got lucky last year, not with how it turned out, but luckily Stoops not voting did not effect us..

As for who voted us number 1?

Bob Stoops or

Steve Spurrier

guaranteed

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 11:28 AM
One is the loneliest number.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 11:30 AM
ESPN will conduct a press conference today at 3:30 to interrogate voting coaches and find out who did not vote THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GATORS unanimous pre-season first team...err i mean pre-season number ONE.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 11:31 AM
just make each weeks votes public.... it's really not that hard.

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 11:49 AM
:)

gaylordfan1
8/7/2009, 11:51 AM
yah, Stoops is a voter again, we got lucky last year, not with how it turned out, but luckily Stoops not voting did not effect us..

As for who voted us number 1?

Bob Stoops or

Steve Spurrier

guaranteed

I heard that Mack Brown voted us #1.......

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 11:54 AM

lol. he was like yah men were are gonna try something new this year

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 11:55 AM
I would pretty much guarantee Bob voted Florida number 1...he has said before that the team that won it all the previous year deserves to come out number 1..

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 11:59 AM
I'm sure its Steve then.... he votes us number 1 every year that its close, in the last coaches poll, which is made public

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 12:02 PM
If I was gonna guess, I'd say Mike Leach

OUAlumni1990
8/7/2009, 01:10 PM
you just like saying 'pole' don't you...

OUAlumni1990
8/7/2009, 01:11 PM

I have a #1 for mack...

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 01:57 PM
The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 59 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. The board for the 2009 season: Robb Akey, Idaho; Gary Andersen, Utah State; David Bailiff, Rice; Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Tim Beckman, Toledo; Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tim Brewster, Minnesota; J.D. Brookhart, Akron; Rich Brooks, Kentucky; Troy Calhoun, Air Force; Neil Callaway, UAB; Dave Christensen, Wyoming; Dave Clawson, Bowling Green; Mario Cristobal, Florida International; David Cutcliffe, Duke; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Butch Davis, North Carolina; Todd Dodge, North Texas; Ron English, Eastern Michigan; Larry Fedora, Southern Miss; Al Golden, Temple; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Jim Harbaugh, Stanford; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Brian Kelly, Cincinnati; Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Jim Leavitt, South Florida; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Les Miles, LSU; Dan Mullen, Mississippi State; Rick Neuheisel, UCLA; Ken Niumatalolo, Navy; Tom O'Brien, N.C. State; Stan Parrish, Ball State; Gary Patterson, TCU; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Michigan; Nick Saban, Alabama; Mike Sanford, UNLV; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Mike Sherman, Texas A&M; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma; Kevin Sumlin, Houston; Jeff Tedford, California; Bob Toledo, Tulane; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; DeWayne Walker, New Mexico State; Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame; Tommy West, Memphis; Paul Wulff, Washington State; Ron Zook, Illinois

Big XII coaches having a vote:
Bo Pellini
Gary Pinkel
Dan Hawkins

Bob Stoops
Mike Sherman
Mike Leach

Scott D
8/7/2009, 01:59 PM
Stoops is now a voter??

apparently he took Mack Brown's vote.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:00 PM
:mack: :mack: :mack:

SPuL
8/7/2009, 02:42 PM
I'd actually hope we play someone OTHER than Ohio State in the title game. lol

I couldn't sit through all the jokes that would be thrown around for a month about an Oklahoma-Ohio St. national championship

EnragedOUfan
8/7/2009, 02:46 PM
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how Alabama is ranked so high, and as to how Alabama is ranked 13 spots higher than Utah, a Mid Major team whom absolutely worked an SEC team.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:47 PM
was 12-0 though the regular season schedule...

OUAlumni1990
8/7/2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how Alabama is ranked so high, and as to how Alabama is ranked 13 spots higher than Utah, a Mid Major team whom absolutely worked an SEC team.

Alabama players have been lifting weights

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:49 PM
and it shows they won without really having much of a Quarterback last year, at least during the regular season

John Parker Wilson had 9 TD passes

I'm interested to see how their new QB will do.. maybe 10? ha

and Utah losing their QB , hurts bad, especially at that school.

htownsooner7
8/7/2009, 03:15 PM
I see Va Tech beating Bama gm 1. That's a tough opponent for an offense losing 2 all american lineman and their starting qb. Then again, don't see Va Tech scoring much on Bama's d. Looks like an UNDER play.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:17 PM
If Alabama beats Virginia Tech, and Georgia beats Oklahoma State, I will be convinced that the SEC is the best conference

SPuL
8/7/2009, 03:27 PM
I hope Oklahoma St. Goes undefeated up until showdown with us. I plan on going to that game, and I want to witness a game where the atmosphere is as great as people said it was for Tech game last yr :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 03:40 PM
yah, got some tickets to that one... if both teams are undefeated... that would be sweet.

SPuL
8/7/2009, 03:42 PM
hell ya. I haven't got mine yet. But I don't mind throwing down w/e on stubhub for it :D

Eielson
8/7/2009, 04:51 PM

I can somewhat agree, but what teams do you think should be above them?

soonerinabilene
8/7/2009, 05:01 PM
Im cool with where Florida and Alabama are, but no way LSU and Ole Miss should be top 10. Honestly, the freakin pokes should be ahead of both those teams.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:10 PM
well Oklahoma State did lose their bowl game to Oregon.....

Ole Miss killed texas tech in their bowl game....

Alabama, could have cared less to be in the Sugar Bowl.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 05:12 PM
i want to say, they said on around the horn.. .that no team ranked outside the top 10 in the week 1 poll, has ever gone on to win the national title game... (this decade)

hmmmmmm.... i remember a team ranked like 19th week 1, that won it all

meoveryouxinfinity
8/7/2009, 05:35 PM
I can somewhat agree, but what teams do you think should be above them?

I'm not sure, I'm not all into pre-season rankings.. but i don't see them finishing in the top 10 or sustaining their ranking for very long.

...but they should be about 20 behind

TCU, Boise State, OSU, etc

SPuL
8/7/2009, 08:22 PM
i want to say, they said on around the horn.. .that no team ranked outside the top 10 in the week 1 poll, has ever gone on to win the national title game... (this decade)

hmmmmmm.... i remember a team ranked like 19th week 1, that won it all

haha those ESPN idiots need to get their facts checked.

Soonersimpy
8/7/2009, 08:26 PM
Shouldn't the rankings be...

1. Florida
*. Texas
3. Oklahoma

???????

That's money! Kinda funny Mr. Asterick has changed his tune to "if we would have beaten TX Tech, we would have been there". We have a chance to be great this year. I hope it comes to being.

Boomer Sooner!