PDA

View Full Version : J.C. Watts screaming bloody racism...

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 06:50 AM
in the baptist church. He say white folk, like only white fish, but he eat any ole kind of fish. To be honest, I thought racism was out of style until youtube and the election of Barack Obama. Any thoughts...

http://newsok.com/former-u.s.-rep.-j.c.-watts-decries-racism-seen-in-some-churches/article/3391008?custom_click=lead_story_title

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2009, 07:39 AM
Wow, I don't read it that way at all.

Turd_Ferguson
8/7/2009, 07:40 AM
Uhhmmm....are you dizzy yet?

OklaPony
8/7/2009, 07:45 AM
in the baptist church. He say white folk, like only white fish, but he eat any ole kind of fish. To be honest, I thought racism was out of style until youtube and the election of Barack Obama. Any thoughts...

http://newsok.com/former-u.s.-rep.-j.c.-watts-decries-racism-seen-in-some-churches/article/3391008?custom_click=lead_story_title
Wow, you ran that story through some kind of spin cycle to come up with that one...

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 07:51 AM
My thoughts...article doesn't say anything about J.C. screaming anything.
He states the Baptist church should be fishers of men and not hunters of men, excluding those that don't meet some criteria (race).

There is a big difference between this, describing a practice he feels is racist, and say calling someone racist because they dare to vocalize their opposition to the proposed health care plan because we have a black president who really, really, really wants to pass THIS plan as soon as possible.

soonerhubs
8/7/2009, 08:06 AM
My thoughts...article doesn't say anything about J.C. screaming anything.
He states the Baptist church should be fishers of men and not hunters of men, excluding those that don't meet some criteria (race).

There is a big difference between this, describing a practice he feels is racist, and say calling someone racist because they dare to vocalize their opposition to the proposed health care plan because we have a black president who really, really, really wants to pass THIS plan as soon as possible.

Posted forwarded to Whitehouse.gov. Expect your perspective to be reeducated shortly. You'll thank me once you become a zombie like me too. ;)
:D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 08:23 AM
There most definitely is racism in the church btw....Sunday is the most segregated day of the week...

Now fire away

badger
8/7/2009, 08:29 AM
The way I interpreted it, he suggested that churches should not cater to a specific race, but to all people of faith... so that you aren't seeing black Baptist churches and white Baptist churches, but just Baptist churches.

Quite frankly, as churches get larger, you'll probably see that type of split in any religion. Up north, there's only one Baptist church and all Baptists attend it... but down here where there's 100 in each community, of course you'll see some demographic splits. However, I have yet to see a church turn away someone for being white, black, Hispanic, etc.

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 08:55 AM
He didnt quite scream it; but in my opinion it's unbelievable that we still need to comment on race relations in this country. I use to be a a member of a different denomination, and everyone knew that you would not get hired by the other conference if you were a different color; black's would not hire whites, and white's would not hire black's.

If Jesse or Al would have made those same statements, we would telling them attention whores to shut up.

picasso
8/7/2009, 09:04 AM
If Jesse or Al would have made those same statements, we would telling them attention whores to shut up.
but that's been their MO for how many decades now? Not so with Watts.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 09:06 AM
Whats funny is those guys are supposed to be ministers, but don't hardly deal with church related issues...because thats not where the money is

StoopTroup
8/7/2009, 09:15 AM
Whats funny is those guys are supposed to be ministers, but don't hardly deal with church related issues...because thats not where the money is

It is unfortunate but it does take dough to keep them going.

C&CDean
8/7/2009, 11:10 AM
I've always had a problem with people calling "self-segregation" racism. If a bunch of blacks wanna start a church and only invite blacks then that is self-segregation. Of course as long as you have self-segregation (black this, black that, hispanic this, hispanic that, asian this, asian that) you're going to perpetuate and foster further racism.

All the churches I ever went to were never "white churches" and there were the occasional blacks/asian/hispanic, but it was made very clear that "red and yellow, black or white, you are precious in His sight"

StoopTroup
8/7/2009, 11:14 AM
Who's sight...J.C.'s?

Oh that JC....

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 11:35 AM
Watts is my fav

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 11:41 AM
I've always had a problem with people calling "self-segregation" racism. If a bunch of blacks wanna start a church and only invite blacks then that is self-segregation. Of course as long as you have self-segregation (black this, black that, hispanic this, hispanic that, asian this, asian that) you're going to perpetuate and foster further racism.

All the churches I ever went to were never "white churches" and there were the occasional blacks/asian/hispanic, but it was made very clear that "red and yellow, black or white, you are precious in His sight"

you notice some of the biggest churches are intergrated? Those mega churches that people put down are loaded with diversity, and i think that's why they grow so quickly.

C&CDean
8/7/2009, 11:46 AM
you notice some of the biggest churches are intergrated? Those mega churches that people put down are loaded with diversity, and i think that's why they grow so quickly.

Nah, they grow so quickly because there's a whole lot of folks out there searching for something and the rock & roll churches let them feel like they're doing something righteous, so they give lots and lots of $$ figuring it'll get them to heaven. Every one of those big growing churches ends up with bull**** and shenanigans eventually. Power struggles, politics, weird relationships, fallings in, fallings out, etc. Meh.

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 11:53 AM
Nah, they grow so quickly because there's a whole lot of folks out there searching for something and the rock & roll churches let them feel like they're doing something righteous, so they give lots and lots of $$ figuring it'll get them to heaven. Every one of those big growing churches ends up with bull**** and shenanigans eventually. Power struggles, politics, weird relationships, fallings in, fallings out, etc. Meh.

so you believe it's more cultural preference than racism?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 12:00 PM
I've been in churches that members went up to people of different color and asked them to leave...its happened several times...Not by leadership, but by members of that church.....

Tulsa_Fireman
8/7/2009, 12:09 PM
Get out my church, honky.

badger
8/7/2009, 12:35 PM
I've been in churches that members went up to people of different color and asked them to leave...its happened several times...Not by leadership, but by members of that church.....

Owen Field is technically not a church... but yeah, those people of different colored shirts (stupid opposing fans) definitely need to leave.

StoopTroup
8/7/2009, 12:36 PM
The Chuck Berry Church of Christ?

Condescending Sooner
8/7/2009, 12:50 PM

I call BS on this statement. Either that or you are going to KKK churches.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 01:06 PM
You can call it whatever you want....it happens

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, total BS IMO.

Speaking of race relations, how you like the union thugs attacking the black guy protesting Dear Leader's national healthcare plan???

Heres the letter from the poor guys lawyer...

Union Thugs Deliver Unprovoked Beating on Black Conservative at Carnahan Town Hall

Email from eye witness and attorney confirms that SEIU-logo’d thugs attacked and beat a black man for distributing Gadsen flags following a Town Hall in St. Louis County on Thursday. Race was a factor in the beating.http://stlouisteaparty.com/2009/08/07/union-thugs-deliver-unprovoked-beating-on-black-conservative-at-carnahan-town-hall/

Somehow I doubt we will see Jesse or Sharpton come to this guys defense.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 01:12 PM
So I guess you have a level of knowledge and experience that says that doesn't happen...maybe cause you don't see it in your world....

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 01:14 PM
So I guess you have a level of knowledge and experience that says that doesn't happen...maybe cause you don't see it in your world....
No, I see more minorities getting beaten down, physically and economically, by leftists and liberals on a daily basis than anything happening at a Church.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 01:19 PM
You may see more, but that doesn't mean its not happening...

I'm more involved in the church than the political world, so thats what I see...

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 01:30 PM
I believe it happens. Church folk kill, molest, lie, cheat on their spouses, cheat on their taxes, but it's unbelievable that they would be racists?

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 01:38 PM
I believe it happens. Church folk kill, molest, lie, cheat on their spouses, cheat on their taxes, but it's unbelievable that they would be racists?No, not at all. People are human and we all make mistakes and sin, but I do wonder what your reason is for singling out Churches and Christians is???? You sure seem to have a hard-on for that sort of thing.

And yet you ignore the physical assault of a black man for expressing his freedom of speech??

adoniijahsooner
8/7/2009, 01:41 PM
No, not at all. People are human and we all make mistakes and sin, but I do wonder what the reason is for singling out Churches and Christians is????

And yet you ignore the physical assault of a black man for expressing his freedom of speech??

JC Watts singled out churches, I did'nt. I havent seen that story yet.

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 01:41 PM

This wouldn't surprise me one bit. Some of the absolutely most close minded people I have ever met were members of the Baptist churches I have attended. Some of them deacons. If you think everyone in all the Baptist churches in Oklahoma are above racism you are just naive.

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 01:48 PM
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. Some of the absolutely most close minded people I have ever met were members of the Baptist churches I have attended. Some of them deacons. If you think everyone in all the Baptist churches in Oklahoma are above racism you are just naive.MLK was a Baptist.

Scott D
8/7/2009, 01:49 PM
Churches/Mosques are the masters of segregation...this isn't even disputable.

Scott D
8/7/2009, 01:49 PM
MLK was a Baptist.

Baptist is also the dominant denomination in the South, so that's not a surprise.

picasso
8/7/2009, 02:01 PM
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. Some of the absolutely most close minded people I have ever met were members of the Baptist churches I have attended. Some of them deacons. If you think everyone in all the Baptist churches in Oklahoma are above racism you are just naive.

of course this happens but it's more prevalent in the secular world. I'd dare say those churches you guys mention have sent more money to 3rd world countries populated by people of color than you ever will.

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 02:03 PM
MLK was a Baptist.

So what's your point? You expressed disbelief any member of a Baptist church would tell a black person they aren't welcome in their church. Are you saying since MLK was a Baptist all Baptist believe the same things MLK does, and therefore it's impossible for a Baptist to be a racist?:pop:

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 02:09 PM
of course this happens but it's more prevalent in the secular world. I'd dare say those churches you guys mention have sent more money to 3rd world countries populated by people of color than you ever will.

I don't disagree with anything you say here either. Of course racism is more prevalent in the secular world. And those churches without a doubt have sent more money than I have to third worlds countries....and they have spent more money than I have on toilet paper too. Just don't see how that has any bearing on my post.

I chimed in because there were a couple posts that called bull**** that anyone in a Baptist church would ever ask colored people not to come to their church. Maybe another way to put this is, do you guys really believe there aren't any racists that attend church?

OklahomaTuba
8/7/2009, 02:17 PM
I've been to plenty of Church's in my life and never seen it.

Also gone a plenty of mission trips overseas and to depressed parts of this country to help black, brown, white whatever, live a better life and learn about Jesus Christ.

Again, something you don't hear many secular progressive atheists doing.

Now I know this doesn't fit into your view that all Christian are racists and such, so that is why I threw out there that MLK was also a Baptist minister, and spoke routinely at black and white churches all over this country.

picasso
8/7/2009, 02:17 PM
well the church spends money on toilet paper yes but there are also collections sent out specifically for charity here and elsewhere that are collected in many a church.
Including mine, which is located in downtown Tulsa.

As I said yes racists and everything else under the moon attends church. my point, which does have bearing on your post is that we are more charitable as a whole than you nose thumbers.;)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 02:19 PM

Sure I'd have to agree with that...One lady I went to church with when I was younger would give money to missionaries going to Africa but didn't want black people in the church...easier to love anybody from a distance

Ironic twist is that her daughter married a black man...

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 02:34 PM
Now I know this doesn't fit into your view that all Christian are racists and such, so that is why I threw out there that MLK was also a Baptist minister, and spoke routinely at black and white churches all over this country.

well the church spends money on toilet paper yes but there are also collections sent out specifically for charity here and elsewhere that are collected in many a church.
Including mine, which is located in downtown Tulsa.

As I said yes racists and everything else under the moon attends church. my point, which does have bearing on your post is that we are more charitable as a whole than you nose thumbers.;)

Sigh...

Never said all Christians are racists, never thumbed my nose either. All I stated is, it is within the realm of possibility a racist could attend church that might make it uncomfortable for people of another race to attend the same church.

I would say the vast majority of Christians are good people. That doesn't mean you should scoff at anyone who says a bad thing has happened in church. That's how choir boys get buggered and don't dare talk about it until they're adults.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 02:54 PM
I dont think anybody is saying all Christians are racists....

I've been associate pastor of my church for 7 years and have been traveling and speaking to churches across the US for about 12years..been on probably 15 mission trips..I 've been in church my whole life...

I've had to sit in meetings with people who we had to address their behavior because they had asked somebody to leave because of color...I saw it early on as a kid...I've seen it in Baptist, Assembly of God, Methodist and other denominations.....

The church I'm currently in has built schools and orphanages in Kenya, built centers to house girls saved from the sex trade in India, built homes for poor people in our neighborhoods...but we have racists in the church

uhm..or just what Picasso said..

C&CDean
8/7/2009, 03:13 PM
Once again, y'all are focusing on "white" churches when there's really no such thing. Yes, there's racists, rapists, murderers, liars, thieves, whores, and all manner of filth sitting in a pew on Sunday morning. Many of them are church officials. This cannot be disputed.

If we're really talking "racist" churches, then I'd have to look at all the "black zionist missionary" churches one sees. I wonder what would happen if a family of cracka assed crackas shows up at one of these places on Sunday. Yes, they'd probably be welcomed to attend (just like a black family might be at a "white" church), but I'm just wondering how many of the members would be going "who the **** invited them honkies, and somebody better axe em' to leave." I'd bet pretty good $$ that the percentage of "racists" would me much higher at the black joint.

tbl
8/7/2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, I don't read it that way at all.

I concur. I'm a Baptist in Atlanta, and I think he makes a good point. He's pointing on all sides. White fish, black fish, red fish, etc.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/7/2009, 03:24 PM
Once again, y'all are focusing on "white" churches when there's really no such thing. Yes, there's racists, rapists, murderers, liars, thieves, whores, and all manner of filth sitting in a pew on Sunday morning. Many of them are church officials. This cannot be disputed.

If we're really talking "racist" churches, then I'd have to look at all the "black zionist missionary" churches one sees. I wonder what would happen if a family of cracka assed crackas shows up at one of these places on Sunday. Yes, they'd probably be welcomed to attend (just like a black family might be at a "white" church), but I'm just wondering how many of the members would be going "who the **** invited them honkies, and somebody better axe em' to leave." I'd bet pretty good $$ that the percentage of "racists" would me much higher at the black joint.

In our area, we have a lot of Indian churches(Native American to the rest of the world)....lot of them, its no biggy to be white and come in...some of them, you'll be asked to leave in a heartbeat....Or if your mixed like I am and your skin isn't dark enough, they'll just stare at you til you leave

Boomer Mooner
8/7/2009, 03:27 PM
I concur. I'm a Baptist in Atlanta, and I think he makes a good point. He's pointing on all sides. White fish, black fish, red fish, etc.

I believe that was the point of being fishers of men instead of hunters. In most situations you don't see the color of the fish you catch, whereas in hunting you you look your prey over before pulling the trigger.

C&CDean
8/7/2009, 03:44 PM
In our area, we have a lot of Indian churches(Native American to the rest of the world)....lot of them, its no biggy to be white and come in...some of them, you'll be asked to leave in a heartbeat....Or if your mixed like I am and your skin isn't dark enough, they'll just stare at you til you leave

Yeah, when I go to those churches I just show them the scars on my tits from the bones ripping through during my sweatbox initiation and they welcome me with open arms...my only beef is that they keep calling me "Horse."

tbl
8/7/2009, 03:52 PM
I believe that was the point of being fishers of men instead of hunters. In most situations you don't see the color of the fish you catch, whereas in hunting you you look your prey over before pulling the trigger.

Exactly. His analogy was a good one. Not racist at all. MOF, the opposite of racist.

Scott D
8/7/2009, 04:02 PM
I've been to plenty of Church's in my life and never seen it.

Also gone a plenty of mission trips overseas and to depressed parts of this country to help black, brown, white whatever, live a better life and learn about Jesus Christ.

Again, something you don't hear many secular progressive atheists doing.

*sigh* You sure do try to make mountains out of ant hills.

stoopified
8/8/2009, 06:00 PM
I've been in churches that members went up to people of different color and asked them to leave...its happened several times...Not by leadership, but by members of that church.....I would question the true allegiance to GOD (any god) of a church whose members ask people to leave.That is of course assuming there isno disruptive behavior leading to the request.

olevetonahill
8/8/2009, 06:31 PM
Contrary to what a few think I don't have a Racist bone in My old carcass.
Some Of the BEST times Ive had in church were predominately black churches.
Back In my revival days I and my buddy that preached with me were on our way to our Church in N/Mac to attend Sunday evening services Passed a Black Tent revival and decided to stop . They didnt have a sound syestem so we Just hopped out Pulled ours out of the Car and set it up . Then sat back and had a great time , Plus a great meal and fellowship afterwords
Never did make it to North side Assembly that nite :cool:

Turd_Ferguson
8/8/2009, 06:40 PM
Contrary to what a few think I don't have a Racist bone in My old carcass.
Some Of the BEST times Ive had in church were predominately black churches.
Back In my revival days I and my buddy that preached with me were on our way to our Church in N/Mac to attend Sunday evening services Passed a Black Tent revival and decided to stop . They didnt have a sound syestem so we Just hopped out Pulled ours out of the Car and set it up . Then sat back and had a great time , Plus a great meal and fellowship afterwords
Never did make it to North side Assembly that nite :cool:You know you pulled in there just to get a dime bag:D

adoniijahsooner
8/9/2009, 08:53 AM
C&CDean;2659468]Once again, y'all are focusing on "white" churches when there's really no such thing. Yes, there's racists, rapists, murderers, liars, thieves, whores, and all manner of filth sitting in a pew on Sunday morning. Many of them are church officials. This cannot be disputed.

If we're really talking "racist" churches, then I'd have to look at all the "black zionist missionary" churches one sees. I wonder what would happen if a family of cracka assed crackas shows up at one of these places on Sunday. Yes, they'd probably be welcomed to attend (just like a black family might be at a "white" church), but I'm just wondering how many of the members would be going "who the **** invited them honkies, and somebody better axe em' to leave." I'd bet pretty good $$ that the percentage of "racists" would me much higher at the black joint.[/QUOTE]

I would call that an accurate statement based off of my experiences. I been embarrassed for the wasp when they show up during the black history month services. Rev Wright was not saying anything different from what many of our preachers say in the pulpit. What's truly scary is that I wonder if any bigot, racist, or intolerant person would enjoy themselves in heaven? Black racists, spanish racists, indian racists, white racists, asian racists, jew racists, and the list could go on and on, what are you going to do when heaven is filled with people from all nations of the earth? Maybe they will never know, because they might not be there.:(

Scott D
8/9/2009, 01:29 PM
personally I can't stand anyone who is intolerant of other people....and the Dutch.

C&CDean
8/10/2009, 09:00 AM
personally I can't stand anyone who is intolerant of other people....and the Dutch.

Why I oughta hit your pointy head with my wooden shoe and tie you to my windmill and make you smell daffodils all day while holding your finger in my dam.

picasso
8/10/2009, 09:06 AM
Sigh...

Never said all Christians are racists, never thumbed my nose either. All I stated is, it is within the realm of possibility a racist could attend church that might make it uncomfortable for people of another race to attend the same church.

I would say the vast majority of Christians are good people. That doesn't mean you should scoff at anyone who says a bad thing has happened in church. That's how choir boys get buggered and don't dare talk about it until they're adults.

I agree with you, nobody is perfect and that includes Christians. Most certainly.
But don't act surprised by my trying to defend what I'm a part of.

And it's easier to love someone from afar? It's also easier to claim to be so loving and not put your money where your mouth is.
I've done charity work, hauled books and clothes to homeless shelters, and donated my meager earnings.

Shall we look at the documented stats on charity amongst the left and the right?:)

OklahomaTuba
8/10/2009, 09:10 AM
Rev Wright was not saying anything different from what many of our preachers say in the pulpit.

If that is the case, that's really sad. He is BY FAR the biggest racists, bigot and anti-American public figure I have seen in a long time in my opinion.

Wright is a disgusting POS.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/10/2009, 09:10 AM
I would question the true allegiance to GOD (any god) of a church whose members ask people to leave.That is of course assuming there isno disruptive behavior leading to the request.

The thing is you get 200 people together, heck 20 people, your gonna have a moron or 2 somewhere in the midst....Its not really a Church issue(unless they don't confront the person), its an individual issue

adoniijahsooner
8/10/2009, 09:27 AM
If that is the case, that's really sad. He is BY FAR the biggest racists, bigot and anti-American public figure I have seen in a long time in my opinion.

Wright is a disgusting POS.

What is your definition of racism? These guys grew up during times when white people treated them like trash, and excluded them from many things. If a preacher points out what they feel are injustices and slights, then how is that racists? To be honest none of that talk should make it's way into a sermon, unless we are pointing out the contrast between the action of the man and the actions of Jesus. If we were to take it further, how many of us get up close and personal in our work for Christ? You can say I give money and I went on mission trps, but it is still a difference from getting into people homes and really coming face to face with the person of color.

picasso
8/10/2009, 09:37 AM
I also wanted to say I only do a fraction of what I should be doing as far as charity goes. I know some folks who have gone above and beyond.
My wife took a trip a few summers ago to rebuild houses in New Orleans. Now that is giving back!
And the group was a bunch of evil Baptists.;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/10/2009, 09:53 AM
Why can't we just hate folks like we did in the good ol' days?

adoniijahsooner
8/10/2009, 10:14 AM
I also wanted to say I only do a fraction of what I should be doing as far as charity goes. I know some folks who have gone above and beyond.
My wife took a trip a few summers ago to rebuild houses in New Orleans. Now that is giving back!
And the group was a bunch of evil Baptists.;)

Good Stuff

Boomer Mooner
8/10/2009, 10:59 AM
I agree with you, nobody is perfect and that includes Christians. Most certainly.
But don't act surprised by my trying to defend what I'm a part of.

And it's easier to love someone from afar? It's also easier to claim to be so loving and not put your money where your mouth is.
I've done charity work, hauled books and clothes to homeless shelters, and donated my meager earnings.

Shall we look at the documented stats on charity amongst the left and the right?:)

This was a reply to one of my posts and the first 3 sentences appear to address it.

Everything else, starting from "And it's easier to love someone from afar?"...must be addressing someone else, I didn't make that statement. Also, you seem to have pigeon holed me as being on the left when actually I'm a pretty far right leaning registered Republican.:)

TUSooner
8/10/2009, 11:28 AM
He didnt quite scream it; but in my opinion it's unbelievable that we still need to comment on race relations in this country. I use to be a a member of a different denomination, and everyone knew that you would not get hired by the other conference if you were a different color; black's would not hire whites, and white's would not hire black's.

You are the only one playing race rummy here. You egregiously misprepresented the article. So, stop digging; you're in deep enough.

picasso
8/10/2009, 11:28 AM
This was a reply to one of my posts and the first 3 sentences appear to address it.

Everything else, starting from "And it's easier to love someone from afar?"...must be addressing someone else, I didn't make that statement. Also, you seem to have pigeon holed me as being on the left when actually I'm a pretty far right leaning registered Republican.:)

nah not at all man. I'm sorry I was referring to another post on the loving from afar. I'm not a good quote nerd.

And I don't pigeon hole anyone on here.

cept for Howzit.

OklahomaTuba
8/10/2009, 11:37 AM
What is your definition of racism? These guys grew up during times when white people treated them like trash, and excluded them from many things. Who cares what my definition of racism is, all I know is when a guy gets up in a pulpit and rants about the USofKKK or saying the 9/11 victims deserved what they got cause AmeriKKKa is such an evil and vile place, them he probably believes it. That guy is scum, no matter how he grew up.

Quit trying to make him out to be some victim.

Oh yeah, didn't this "victim" make his church buy him a muli-million dollar mansion in a prodominantly white gated community???

adoniijahsooner
8/10/2009, 12:14 PM
You are the only one playing race rummy here. You egregiously misprepresented the article. So, stop digging; you're in deep enough.

is there some sort of punishment being given out? the point is to open up dialogue...this is a forum you know? Have i called anyone a racists on this board, or been course and disrespectful? You don't think he was talking about race relation? well, think what you wish; but why use the analogy of colored fish if he wasnt talking about color? if you had kept reading anymore of my post in this thread, maybe you would have gleaned that i am not trying to start a race war on soonerfans.com, just talking about the state of racism in the church.

white people have helped me my entire life...paid for me to go to nationals when my mom could not afford, inspired me to do better in school when i thought i was only an athlete, and prayed with me when my personal life hadnt gone too well, so for you to insinuate that foolishness offends me, and it represents why people will never get past stuff in this country, because we are too afraid to talk about the difficult issues. Why would a black man spend so much time on a predominantly white board if i wanted to play "race rummy"? Why not join blackplanet.com or some other ethnic site?

Scott D
8/10/2009, 01:30 PM
Why I oughta hit your pointy head with my wooden shoe and tie you to my windmill and make you smell daffodils all day while holding your finger in my dam.

save your wooing talk for someone receptive to it....like JohnnyMack.

C&CDean
8/10/2009, 01:40 PM
save your wooing talk for someone receptive to it....like JohnnyMack.

That Godless heathen?

I just wonder what his wife screams when she has the big O? Probably "OH MY NON-EXISTENT FANTASY PERSON IN WHOM I DO NOT BELIEVE!!!"

Well either that, or "**** me harder Sancho."

Condescending Sooner
8/11/2009, 09:12 AM
I have been in more churches than anyone I know. I have never seen anyone asked to leave because of their color. If anything, the members trip all over themsleves trying to make the person feel welcome, sometimes so much so that it gets uncomfortable. And I still call BS on the statement that people are asked to leave all the time.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2009, 09:12 AM
Thats right..If you dont see it, it must not be happening

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2009, 09:16 AM
btw, "several times" is not equal to "all the time"...

Sooner_Bob
8/11/2009, 09:18 AM
Every one of those big growing churches ends up with bull**** and shenanigans eventually. Power struggles, politics, weird relationships, fallings in, fallings out, etc. Meh.

Sounds kinda like life . . .

TUSooner
8/11/2009, 09:50 AM
is there some sort of punishment being given out? the point is to open up dialogue...this is a forum you know? Have i called anyone a racists on this board, or been course and disrespectful? You don't think he was talking about race relation? well, think what you wish; but why use the analogy of colored fish if he wasnt talking about color? if you had kept reading anymore of my post in this thread, maybe you would have gleaned that i am not trying to start a race war on soonerfans.com, just talking about the state of racism in the church.

white people have helped me my entire life...paid for me to go to nationals when my mom could not afford, inspired me to do better in school when i thought i was only an athlete, and prayed with me when my personal life hadnt gone too well, so for you to insinuate that foolishness offends me, and it represents why people will never get past stuff in this country, because we are too afraid to talk about the difficult issues. Why would a black man spend so much time on a predominantly white board if i wanted to play "race rummy"? Why not join blackplanet.com or some other ethnic site?

Oh. I didn't get all that from "J.C. Watts screaming bloody racism..."
I should have read more carefully.

I just thought you were stretching the article way, way, way too far to simply be "opening up a dialogue on race relations in the church." And I did not know what color you are. I actually figured you were a white guy looking to stir things up against "reverse racism" or something like that. Peace out.

adoniijahsooner
8/11/2009, 10:33 AM
Oh. I didn't get all that from "J.C. Watts screaming bloody racism..."
I should have read more carefully.

I just thought you were stretching the article way, way, way too far to simply be "opening up a dialogue on race relations in the church." And I did not know what color you are. I actually figured you were a white guy looking to stir things up against "reverse racism" or something like that. Peace out.

no problem man. i did go a little far in my title...it's about getting butts in the seats. Like fluorescent signs at a night club or @ this church

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MrZFSSuo6Ek/RcGNDX3QnoI/AAAAAAAAADQ/tT3sxoQCa-0/s320/0,,5376494,00.jpg

John Kochtoston
8/11/2009, 12:52 PM
I've never understood racism. There are so many other rational reasons to hate people. Why focus on something so arbitrary?