PDA

View Full Version : Socialized Auto insurance

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/6/2009, 07:12 PM
Bring it! Not everyone can afford auto insurance, and why should anyone with a driver's license be prevented from driving, especially if they can show that they bought a new, govt. approved fuel efficient Smart Car or such? Well, there could be some rationing for older drivers, but that's only fair. A bogus ID could take care of that, though. Let's particularly hear from aggies, democrats and AARP members on this issue.

Soonrboy
8/6/2009, 08:06 PM
You know my dad worked hard his whole life. Mom stayed home to take care of my brothers and me. Dad had insurance on us all. Mom got really sick. Eventually, the insurance company stopped supplying benefits for her. She eventually died because she didn't receive the kind of care she needed. Dad went bankrupt trying to cover the bills. Everyone has a different story. There's gotta be something better for the type of people my parents were. They weren't leaches.

8/6/2009, 08:13 PM
You know my dad worked hard his whole life. Mom stayed home to take care of my brothers and me. Dad had insurance on us all. Mom got really sick. Eventually, the insurance company stopped supplying benefits for her. She eventually died because she didn't receive the kind of care she needed. Dad went bankrupt trying to cover the bills. Everyone has a different story. There's gotta be something better for the type of people my parents were. They weren't leaches.So you are for the socialized health care, but against the rationing that is always a part of it?( hard to believe, a possible serious reply on this thread!)BTW, honestly sorry about all the hardships your folks faced!

SoonerStormchaser
8/6/2009, 08:35 PM
What about robot insurance?

8/6/2009, 08:37 PM
What about robot insurance?I would think as long as they are driving the car, or if the robot itself IS the transportation...hell yes!

What do YOU think?

King Crimson
8/6/2009, 08:57 PM
can you believe what pussies we've become in the last 8 months?

the whole macho, awesomeness of America has been travestied.

we were so cool when we were kicking *** overseas....and Big Government was on the run (except for the military).

listening to Kenny Loggins.

heh, heh.

SoonerKnight
8/6/2009, 11:38 PM
So you are for the socialized health care, but against the rationing that is always a part of it?( hard to believe, a possible serious reply on this thread!)BTW, honestly sorry about all the hardships your folks faced!

That is the point isn't it? That private insurance rations care. My mom who is 62 has swollen ankles she is retired and the doc does not know why the ankles and feet are so swollen. This can usually be attributed to heart condition. Anyway the doc says we need to do an MRI well that was a year ago she has called several times and tried to get an appointment but no luck. How is gov't run care gonna be any better or worse. The fact is it might be better because she is retired and not on medicare yet she can only use on health provider. Maybe a govt plan could give her a choice.

If I stay in my current job till I retire I will never be able to move from colorado. Why? Because my job only provides medical insurance to retirees in the state of Colorado. I eventually want to retire in Oklahoma! Also, there are people that are working into their 70's because if they retire they can't afford the $900.00 a month payments.

How is this better? I am not sure the gov't provided care would be great but if it is public/private with choices it could create competition. Personally I think it is crazy when a co-worker has cancer and survives and has been in LE since 1976 and can't retire because he can't afford the insurance. I think we need to fix something. But hey what do I know.

Curly Bill
8/6/2009, 11:42 PM
My mom retired from Texas Instruments and her health coverage is quite good. I would hate to see her lose that to be put on some government run plan. Anyway, just mention that to balance out some of the other tales circulating here.

I know our health care system is far from perfect, but those of you who want the government to take it over might well get what you deserve.

SoonerStormchaser
8/6/2009, 11:52 PM
I would think as long as they are driving the car, or if the robot itself IS the transportation...hell yes!

What do YOU think?

And that rush of air you just heard was the joke flying over your head.

olevetonahill
8/6/2009, 11:52 PM
Ok Ill weigh in here
Ill say that my family has been blessed with decent health
Im the youngest of 5 Kids , My dad worked his azz off supporting us, My Mom worked her azz off feeding us ( She raised a garden and Canned every thing she grew to help keep us fed )No welfare or food stamps back then.
I was 10 in 1960 had to have an emergency appendectomy.
Ya know what ? DAD paid for it .
I was in a ward of about 50 patients, No privacy,:pop: no single rooms . 3 days later I was home gettin well .
Every Hospital I see now has a Single room for every one .
Id be all for this carp If we cut out the Luxuries of the hospitals now .:pop:

olevetonahill
8/6/2009, 11:54 PM
My mom retired from Texas Instruments and her health coverage is quite good. I would hate to see her lose that to be put on some government run plan. Anyway, just mention that to balance out some of the other tales circulating here.

I know our health care system is far from perfect, but those of you who want the government to take it over might well get what you deserve.

YES
If they think its so great then the Fockers that vote this shat in should be the 1st to sign up :eek:

Curly Bill
8/6/2009, 11:57 PM
YES
If they think its so great then the Fockers that vote this shat in should be the 1st to sign up :eek:

Oh you're gonna get it now! jks sooner or whatever the carp he goes by is gonna accuse you of reading from the GOP talking points. Of course he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I doubt you'll care anymore than I did. :D

edit...jkjsooner is who it was.

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 12:01 AM
Oh you're gonna get it now! jks sooner or whatever the carp he goes by is gonna accuse you of reading from the GOP talking points. Of course he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I doubt you'll care anymore than I did. :D

edit...jkjsooner is who it was.

I hope I dint pizz off a board lib :eek:

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 12:02 AM

They do have delicate little feelers. :O

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 12:08 AM
They do have delicate little feelers. :O

I so sorry GI :O

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 12:11 AM
We get accused of all the bad stuff that goes on around here, guess we might as well be mean to everyone too. :D

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 12:14 AM
We get accused of all the bad stuff that goes on around here, guess we might as well be mean to everyone too. :D

No shat
Its the Posse's fault that some dip wad dont post here anymore or some shat :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 12:16 AM
We need to start a thread on all the world's evils the posse is responsible for.

For example: The JFK assassination? The posse did it. ;)

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 12:19 AM
Ok Ill weigh in here
Im the youngest of 5 Kids , My dad worked his azz off supporting us, My Mom worked her azz off feeding us ( She raised a garden and Canned every thing she grew to help keep us fed )No welfare or food stamps back then.
I was in a ward of about 50 patients, No privacy,:pop: no single rooms . 3 days later I was home gettin well .

Id just like an intelligent response to this Post :pop:

8/7/2009, 12:25 AM
And that rush of air you just heard was the joke flying over your head.It must have, 'cause I don't have any idea what joke you think it is I didn't get.

8/7/2009, 01:18 AM
OK SoonerStormchaser, thanks for sending the SNL skit link: http://www.hulu.com/watch/2340/saturday-night-live-old-glory

I hadn't seen that before, as I rarely watch SNL. I did appreciate the question about robots, however, as a stand-alone automotive(vehicle) insurance concern. It was a logical and natural question one might have.

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 01:30 AM
They do have delicate little feelers. :OOh, Jeebus.

You bruise ONE board Lib's feelings and that ONE board Lib starts a whiny thread about how his/her feelings got bruised, thus making an *** of him/herself.

You bruise ONE ultra-con's feelings and 15 ultra-cons jump into a feeding frenzy of negspeks and snarky/condescending/attacking posts because you dared to bruise that ONE ultra-con's feelings thus making an *** of 15 or 16 people and ending up with multiple infraction cards and a locked thread.

I'll take one whiny bitch over a gaggle of milk maids any day.

Delicate little feelers, indeed. Pshaw.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 01:33 AM
You just hush up LA boy!

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 01:34 AM
Ok Ill weigh in here

Oh, Jeebus.

You bruise ONE board Lib's feelings and that ONE board Lib starts a whiny thread about how his/her feelings got bruised, thus making an *** of him/herself.

You bruise ONE ultra-con's feelings and 15 ultra-cons jump into a feeding frenzy of negspeks and snarky/condescending/attacking posts because you dared to bruise that ONE ultra-con's feelings thus making an *** of 15 or 16 people and ending up with multiple infraction cards and a locked thread.

I'll take one whiny bitch over a gaggle of milk maids any day.

Delicate little feelers, indeed. Pshaw.:rolleyes:

Just answer this post ok ?:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 01:54 AM
No.

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 01:55 AM
To tha both of ya.

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 01:55 AM
No.

Ok :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 01:56 AM
WAAAAAAA

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 01:56 AM
Hey LAS I didn't get any infraction cards, did you get any infraction cards?

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 01:57 AM
I did :O

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 01:58 AM
I did :O

That's cause you're the leader of the evil posse, I'm just a mindless follower. :P

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 02:01 AM
That's cause you're the leader of the evil posse, I'm just a mindless follower. :P

well shat :eek:

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:01 AM
Ok :rolleyes::les: I JUST GOT A NEW POOTER AND I'M SETTING IT UP AND PLAYING WITH IT AND ITS BRIGHT AND SHINY AND DOESN'T HAVE SNARKY DRUNKEN THINGS TO SAY TO ME (YET) SO SHUT YER PIEHOLE HILLBILLY!!!!!!

Hey LAS I didn't get any infraction cards, did you get any infraction cards?

I did :OSometimes. When I break the rules.

I've been a LOT better lately at NOT breaking the rules, however. :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:02 AM
Vin

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:05 AM
I've been a LOT better lately at NOT breaking the rules, however. :D

We'll see if we can egg you into doing something bad. ;)

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:06 AM
LAS SUCKS

;)

8/7/2009, 02:09 AM
We'll see if we can egg you into doing something bad. ;)How DARE you use this insincere thread for childish banter!

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:09 AM
Naw. My new compy is keeping me happily occupied installing all mah gadgets onto it. :D

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:11 AM
How DARE you use this insincere thread for childish banter!

Well, we've already run off all of the good posters. We're seeing what else we can tear up. :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:12 AM
LAS SUCKS

;)
Well, Jr., that's better than you going on a crybaby spree and sending me 6 negs telling me what a doosh I am and how everybody hates me. :rolleyes:

Like I really think I'd WIN a popularity contest on S.F. ?

Really?

:pop:

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 02:12 AM
Well, we've already run off all of the good posters. We're seeing what else we can tear up. :D

We such bastages :eek:

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:13 AM
We such bastages :eek:

That's what I hear. :P

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:13 AM
LAS is cool

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:14 AM
LAS is cool

I been telling you that all this time. :D

JLEW1818
not

olevetonahill
Well, Jr., that's better than you going on a crybaby spree and sending me 6 negs telling me what a doosh I am and how everybody hates me. :rolleyes:

Like I really think I'd WIN a popularity contest on S.F. ?

Really?

:pop:

Yer not that delusional :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:15 AM
I'm on LAS ignore list...:(

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 02:17 AM
Ok Ill weigh in here

Bueller? Anyone ?

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:17 AM
I'm on LAS ignore list...:(

You just don't know how to take LAS. Ya gotta realize he's full of crap and just messin around on here. Then he's pretty cool. :D

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:21 AM
not

Yes I have. I've said you gotta realize he's just playing around, and not take him all serious. If you take him serious and get your dander all up he's got you right where he wants ya.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:23 AM
not , as in not cool.. I know you have been saying that

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:24 AM
not , as in not cool.. I know you have been saying that

Oh, I get ya now.

Are you going to take my advice? :D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:25 AM
Las already broke up with me, he can't see anything i type... unless he is once again bull ****ting ... lol

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:25 AM
Yes I have. I've said you gotta realize he's just playing around, and not take him all serious. If you take him serious and get your dander all up he's got you right where he wants ya.And that's when I lower the meat hammer.

:D

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:27 AM
big fan of meat?

Curly Bill
8/7/2009, 02:28 AM
And that's when I lower the meat hammer.

:D

You're kinda like one of these: http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/venus-flytrap3.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:42 AM
big fan of meat?Like any good Redneck. Preferably medium rare.

Or...were YOU trying to make a GAAAY joke, Jr???

Awww...they're so cute when they are young.

olevetonahill
8/7/2009, 02:47 AM
Like any good Redneck. Preferably medium rare.

Or...were YOU trying to make a GAAAY joke, Jr???

Awww...they're so cute when they are young.

You said Ya liked my meat as rare as you can get it :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/7/2009, 02:52 AM
You said Ya liked my meat as rarely as you can get it :rolleyes:
Fixed.

SicEmBaylor
8/7/2009, 03:04 AM
That is the point isn't it? That private insurance rations care. My mom who is 62 has swollen ankles she is retired and the doc does not know why the ankles and feet are so swollen. This can usually be attributed to heart condition. Anyway the doc says we need to do an MRI well that was a year ago she has called several times and tried to get an appointment but no luck. How is gov't run care gonna be any better or worse. The fact is it might be better because she is retired and not on medicare yet she can only use on health provider. Maybe a govt plan could give her a choice.

If I stay in my current job till I retire I will never be able to move from colorado. Why? Because my job only provides medical insurance to retirees in the state of Colorado. I eventually want to retire in Oklahoma! Also, there are people that are working into their 70's because if they retire they can't afford the $900.00 a month payments.

How is this better? I am not sure the gov't provided care would be great but if it is public/private with choices it could create competition. Personally I think it is crazy when a co-worker has cancer and survives and has been in LE since 1976 and can't retire because he can't afford the insurance. I think we need to fix something. But hey what do I know.,

The issue for me isn't which method of health care is the best. The real issue for me is whether the Federal government has the constitutional authority to create such a massive health insurance program -- it clearly does not. They MIGHT be on somewhat firmer constitutional grounds if they were talking about more strictly regulating the private health insurance industry, but even that is pretty flimsy (though marginally more acceptable).

I still believe that this is one of the issues best left to the states. Admittedly, I have something of a utopian (small r) republican view of government, but the concept of all the states competing with one another to provide the best healthcare program to their citizens holds a lot of appeal for me. 50 laboratories all working toward the best solution seems a much better idea than giving an entity that has no constitutional mandate the full authority of crafting healthcare policy for 300 million people.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2009, 06:28 AM
Huh. A marketplace of insurers that are mandated to provide coverage regardless of previous experience rating at a premium set by government fiat. That'd never work for auto insurance.

Oh, wait. Except that it already does in every single state. Hey, they do it for worker's compensation too! Crazy! And private insurers still manage to turn profits! WOW!

Condescending Sooner
8/7/2009, 09:02 AM
Are you saying everyone can get auto insurance, and that the cost is set by the government?

My Opinion Matters
8/7/2009, 11:00 AM
This is the worst thread ever since the last worst thread ever.

SoonerKnight
8/7/2009, 09:43 PM

The issue for me isn't which method of health care is the best. The real issue for me is whether the Federal government has the constitutional authority to create such a massive health insurance program -- it clearly does not. They MIGHT be on somewhat firmer constitutional grounds if they were talking about more strictly regulating the private health insurance industry, but even that is pretty flimsy (though marginally more acceptable).

I still believe that this is one of the issues best left to the states. Admittedly, I have something of a utopian (small r) republican view of government, but the concept of all the states competing with one another to provide the best healthcare program to their citizens holds a lot of appeal for me. 50 laboratories all working toward the best solution seems a much better idea than giving an entity that has no constitutional mandate the full authority of crafting healthcare policy for 300 million people.

First, the U.S. Constitution was made to be as vague as possible. This is one reason historians say that our constitution has survived so long. To say it is unconstitutional is not accurate. To be against a government health care reform because it may make things worse is reasonable. I am of the mind set that really the health care in the U.S. needs fixing. At some point we will not be able to handle it. The government already pays for health care. You jack the hospital for the bill and enough people do this states and the feds have to pick up the bill or the hospital goes out of business.

Second, When the uninsured can not pay their bills the insured end up paying for it in higher costs. Either way we need to fix the system. There was at least one member of Congress that agreed with Olevet he actually proposed expanding the coverage and plans that the Congress gets to the rest of the country and he had a way to pay for it.

I am not for the government taking over health care and becoming a decider on who lives or dies but I will say that I have seen doctors at hospitals discharge people because they had no insurance not because they were healthy. Being in LE I have seen the hospitals that are for the uninsured and the hospitals for the insured. The hospitals that deal with the insured are a lot nicer but when the uninsured go there they are not receiving the best care at either hospital because they can not pay. I am not sure that is ethical or legal but yet it is happening.

My parents too have worked all their lives. Now mom has Blue Cross and Blue Shields and it is the only insurence available to her through her retirement plan. They do not seem to be all that great. I have Kaiser and when you get a doctor they are really good. Kaiser is also a non profit and actually made money last year so they had to give me some monies. :D I like that. I also like how Kaiser does a lot of free clinics for the uninsured too. I just think that we need to get the uninsured some coverage. How we do this? Well I don't get paid to think! :D

jkjsooner
8/7/2009, 10:03 PM
That is the point isn't it? That private insurance rations care. My mom who is 62 has swollen ankles she is retired and the doc does not know why the ankles and feet are so swollen. This can usually be attributed to heart condition. Anyway the doc says we need to do an MRI well that was a year ago she has called several times and tried to get an appointment but no luck. How is gov't run care gonna be any better or worse. .

If you lived in Canada your story would be all over the conservative talk shows and blogs. You would be proof that the system doesn't work.

That's the way both parties work. They find a couple of examples, promote them as talking points, and guys like Rush Clone eat it up.

Frozen Sooner
8/7/2009, 11:44 PM
Are you saying everyone can get auto insurance, and that the cost is set by the government?

Are you saying they can't and it isn't? I assure you, anyone with a license can buy auto insurance and auto insurance rates most assuredly have to be approved by the government.

8/8/2009, 01:03 AM
anyone with a license can buy auto insurance and auto insurance rates most assuredly have to be approved by the government.but some people can't afford the insurance. We all should be covered by Universal Auto Care, to be fair to all driver's license holders.

SoonerKnight
8/8/2009, 01:41 AM
but some people can't afford the insurance. We all should be covered by Universal Auto Care, to be fair to all driver's license holders.

wasn't this thread already jacked so that it was about health insurance and not car insurance?

:D Besides who cares about car insurance it is more affordable than my health insurance!

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2009, 03:19 AM
First, the U.S. Constitution was made to be as vague as possible. This is one reason historians say that our constitution has survived so long. To say it is unconstitutional is not accurate.
It actually is accurate. The Constitution isn't nearly as vague as those who wish to circumvent its authority would have you believe. The Constitution is actually VERY clear on what is and is not a function of the Federal v. the State governments. The Federal government is given a very specific mandate and explicitly leaves everything outside of that mandate to the individual states. If you can show me where in the Constitution it gives the Federal government authority over health care policy then I'll admit I'm in the wrong (and please don't use the GWC as the same old excuse).

To be against a government health care reform because it may make things worse is reasonable. I am of the mind set that really the health care in the U.S. needs fixing. At some point we will not be able to handle it. The government already pays for health care. You jack the hospital for the bill and enough people do this states and the feds have to pick up the bill or the hospital goes out of business

I'm not against some sort of reasonable health care reform, but I expect it to be done within the bounds of the Constitution and at the appropriate level of government. I expect the Federal government to get completely out of the business of health care policy and allow the individual states to handle it in a manner consistent with the wishes of the people they represent.

Second, When the uninsured can not pay their bills the insured end up paying for it in higher costs. Either way we need to fix the system. There was at least one member of Congress that agreed with Olevet he actually proposed expanding the coverage and plans that the Congress gets to the rest of the country and he had a way to pay for it.

I really think this argument, which sounds reasonable to many, is pretty damned dangerous. Congressmen are nothing more than glorified Federal employees. The American people are not Federal employees and are no more entitled to Federal benefits than if they were working for a private company with some other insurance plan. The argument is as ludicrous as arguing that since Microsoft employees get a particular health care plan then all of America should -- not all of America are Microsoft employees!

I am not for the government taking over health care and becoming a decider on who lives or dies but I will say that I have seen doctors at hospitals discharge people because they had no insurance not because they were healthy. Being in LE I have seen the hospitals that are for the uninsured and the hospitals for the insured. The hospitals that deal with the insured are a lot nicer but when the uninsured go there they are not receiving the best care at either hospital because they can not pay. I am not sure that is ethical or legal but yet it is happening.

Why is health care any different than any other industry? You could take this same argument and apply it virtually any other industry. For example, you could argue that it's not ethical or fair because poor people's houses aren't as nice as rich people's houses. Or you could argue that the wealthier get better cars than the poor and that isn't fair. Why is health care any different? Hey my dad's a doc and he doesn't even accept insurance -- it's cash, check, or credit only. Why is it wrong for him to deny care to someone who can't pay him? He went to med school, he owns his practice, and I don't see anything ethically wrong him choosing to see whatever patients he wants.

Health care is no different than any other industry in America. You either pay or you can't.

My parents too have worked all their lives. Now mom has Blue Cross and Blue Shields and it is the only insurence available to her through her retirement plan. They do not seem to be all that great. I have Kaiser and when you get a doctor they are really good. Kaiser is also a non profit and actually made money last year so they had to give me some monies. :D I like that. I also like how Kaiser does a lot of free clinics for the uninsured too. I just think that we need to get the uninsured some coverage. How we do this? Well I don't get paid to think! :D

There are plenty of creative solutions the individual states could implement but in most cases it would require the Federal government to get the hell out of their way. I'm all for creative solutions on the state level so long as the health care industry remains within the realm of the free-market.

Condescending Sooner
8/10/2009, 08:59 AM
Are you saying they can't and it isn't? I assure you, anyone with a license can buy auto insurance and auto insurance rates most assuredly have to be approved by the government.

People get dropped by their auto insurance all the time. The government does not set the rates.

OUstudent4life
8/10/2009, 06:29 PM
Froz, thanks for finally pointing out your...point. I personally think the auto insurance example as a starting point in this thread was bass-ackwards; to drive in the US, I was under the general assumption that you HAD to carry insurance...to seek healthcare in the US, that's most definitely not the case. Which will drive up prices, when I've got to treat all the people that don't have coverage...

Here's a personal example of how messed up this all is. My wife and I had to have the exact same blood test prior to starting our new jobs. She knew her insurance didn't cover it, and the lab company charged her $200. I didn't know, filed a claim, which was rejected (which is fine, since it was stated in my original coverage that the test wouldn't be covered). The lab company then charged me $600. Which I called them on, and they gave me a $100 discount.

That's the system the free market has spat out.

I'm obviously of the opinion that letting the free market work it out won't work...'cause the system we have right now pretty much stinks all around. The market birthing the bastardized versions of insurance-managed care worked AWESOME! FOR TEH WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

This lib...operating in healthcare, btw...is of the opinion that competition is key, and making everyone have health coverage is key as well. Its up to us (doctors) to then force people to seek primary care, not the ER, for their problems. But someone better figure out and try something soon, or we're all f'd.

Final point...guberment is still trying too hard, trying to cover everyone at once. Make every KID covered until they're 18. It's a smaller problem, and you can enact real change for preventive medicine (which under a multiple-insurance system will NEVER be well covered) for the people that NEED preventive medicine.

8/10/2009, 07:03 PM
This lib...operating in healthcare, btw...is of the opinion that competition is key, and making everyone have health coverage is key as well. Its up to us (doctors) to then force people to seek primary care, not the ER, for their problems. But someone better figure out and try something soon, or we're all f'd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esoonerfans%2Ecom%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D133061&feature=player_embedded

LosAngelesSooner
8/10/2009, 07:19 PM
If you guys want to advocate States Rights on the health care issue, with states deciding how they handle their own coverage, then, in order to promote competition as you say it will, you must make interstate health care providers/companies illegal.

Therefore each state would have their own companies and health care which would be unique to that state. Then people would move to the state that provides the health care coverage/option that they find the most competitive.

If you allow interstate, massively large, corporations to run health care, then you have exactly what we have now...and no competition.

So the spirit of your idea is going in the right direction, but in practicality it wouldn't hold up at all.

LosAngelesSooner
8/10/2009, 07:20 PM
Oh, and anyone who quotes Anne Coulter in their sig loses ANY credibility in ANY argument.

8/10/2009, 07:23 PM
A dose of RR always seems to give the libs indigestion.

LosAngelesSooner
8/10/2009, 07:38 PM
Thank God we're gonna reform health care so they can get that indigestion treated finally.

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2009, 07:55 PM
Oh, and anyone who quotes Anne Coulter in their sig loses ANY credibility in ANY argument.

This ^

8/10/2009, 08:23 PM
This ^How sad for you, kid.

OUstudent4life
8/10/2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esoonerfans%2Ecom%2Fforums% 2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D133061&feature=player_embedded

Sorry, I'm a bit busy to watch a 10 minute YouTube video, but my first impression was to want to mention something that conz seem to gloss over...

Universal health care isn't socialized medicine.

Now I'm going to go to bed so I can wake ip and go work another 12 hour shift in a Peds ER seeing firsthand everything that is wrong with current US healthcare. Goodnight and good luck.

Sorry for the rants, I'm just tired. And on this issue I think everybody is wrong, anyway, me included.