PDA

View Full Version : lol, Stoops correcting dumb Espn people

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 07:05 PM
video by request...

just look on the right of the page... and click play for the 2009 Oklahoma Preview....the advertisement only takes a couple seconds.. enjoy... espn is dumb.

the video link

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=firsttake

okcusooner
8/6/2009, 07:41 PM
Having worked in newsradio for 4 years, I can say that it's not clear whether the blame falls on Kim or some young intern/producer. Often, it is the poorly paid intern/producer who is writing the lead-in and the questions for the teflon haired anchor.

So it's very possible that when they cut to commercial Kim lit into someone off-screen because of the fact error.

Having said, that....they always told us to pre-read your scripts, because the audience will ultimately blame you. Had Kim pre-read the script, you'd think that the 6 out of 7 figure would have set off some alarm bells in the mind of a college football analyst.

OU-HSV
8/6/2009, 07:54 PM
Did you notice they had the texass game date wrong as well...It looked like it said we play them Oct. 13th which is incorrect. We play them Oct. 17th

OUAlumni1990
8/6/2009, 07:54 PM
that guy was a dweeb

gaylordfan1
8/6/2009, 07:58 PM
Man, I love that Stoops guy!

meoveryouxinfinity
8/6/2009, 08:10 PM
I kinda feel bad for the AZN.

sooner ngintunr
8/6/2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks Jlew, starting threads aint my thing.:D

Thats some funny stuff though!! I love Bob interviews, esp when he pwns some jackass Mizzou alum. I think this ones a classic!! The highlights were pretty sweet too.

And yes, they got the RRS date wrong. I can just imagine the dip****s they have working behind the scenes at that place, probably couldn't even find Oklahoma on a freakin US map.

OUAlumni1990
8/6/2009, 08:14 PM
Oh so that guy was mizzou alum, that explains it. Yeah, I would be bitter too. too bad he has to live vicariously through other teams since mizzou never could beat OU and never could keep their mouth shut in the press and never could keep their booger picking fingers out of their nose.

Boomer Mooner
8/6/2009, 08:35 PM
Having worked in newsradio for 4 years, I can say that it's not clear whether the blame falls on Kim or some young intern/producer. Often, it is the poorly paid intern/producer who is writing the lead-in and the questions for the teflon haired anchor.

There are a hell of a bunch of poor paying jobs out there, but I gauran-f'n-tee if I was some young guy working as an intern for ESPN I wouldnt' ever be turning in bogus stats. How hard can it be to look up stats for an OU-Texas type matchup?

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 08:39 PM

Thats some funny stuff though!! I love Bob interviews, esp when he pwns some jackass Mizzou alum. I think this ones a classic!! The highlights were pretty sweet too.

And yes, they got the RRS date wrong. I can just imagine the dip****s they have working behind the scenes at that place, probably couldn't even find Oklahoma on a freakin US map.

anytime bro

OUstud
8/6/2009, 08:55 PM
Michael Kim will read ANYTHING that is put on the teleprompter!

meoveryouxinfinity
8/6/2009, 08:56 PM
Michael Kim will read ANYTHING that is put on the teleprompter!

I'm Michael Kim?:confused:

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 08:58 PM
i think most of us know why he is on espn......................and it's not sports knowledge, or speaking abilities.

colleyvillesooner
8/6/2009, 09:21 PM
i think most of us know why he is on espn......................and it's not sports knowledge, or speaking abilities.

Cause he's worked there 10 years and put in his time?

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 09:32 PM
b/c hes a dork!

Skip is the **** tho!

stoopified
8/6/2009, 11:10 PM
Give Kim credit,he recovered well and forged ahead in effective manner.I've witnessed Blevins and Tramel(among others) just dig themselves deeper when getting ceossways of Stoops.

rainiersooner
8/6/2009, 11:30 PM
He even apologized!

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 11:31 PM
too late! haha

OUmillenium
8/6/2009, 11:50 PM
F off San Diego

Okie35
8/7/2009, 12:09 AM

Yea I was just going to say he's a Mizzou guy and I remember days before the Big XII game on First Take he bet someone that Missouri would beat OU. :rolleyes:

DMAFB_Sooner08
8/7/2009, 02:07 AM

So it's very possible that when they cut to commercial Kim lit into someone off-screen because of the fact error.

Having said, that....they always told us to pre-read your scripts, because the audience will ultimately blame you. Had Kim pre-read the script, you'd think that the 6 out of 7 figure would have set off some alarm bells in the mind of a college football analyst.

I wouldnt consider him a college football analyst...hell I wouldnt consider anyone on that fisrt take show an analyst...just interviewers!!

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:08 AM
cept Skip... as crazy as he is sometimes, he's probably in a top 5 category for sports knowledge on ESPN.

tommieharris91
8/7/2009, 02:16 AM
cept Skip... as crazy as he is sometimes, he's probably in a top 5 category for sports knowledge on ESPN.

This is probably the best reason to not trust anything ESPN passes off as "sports knowledge." Seriously, all Skip Bayless knows how to do is incite people by making asinine statements with very little, if any, statistical backing. He's been doing it all throughout his writing career and he's kept up the same act during his time on ESPN.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:20 AM
yup.... some of its an act.. but he does know sports... off the top of my head...

predicted Cleveland Cavs to lose to the Orlando Magic

predicted the Philies to win the world series from spring training (2008)

predicted the Cowboys not to make the playoffs (2008-09)

however, he did predict us to lose to Texas Tech.

i would love to hang with him... he's a cowboy hater, Lebron James hater, and he loves Oklahoma

my kinda guy

tommieharris91
8/7/2009, 02:33 AM
yup.... some of its an act.. but he does know sports... off the top of my head...

i would love to hang with him... he's a cowboy hater, Lebron James hater, and he loves Oklahoma

my kinda guy

I remember him saying Adrian Peterson would be an NFL bust, among many other wrong picks. He's also been on the "Adam Dunn is a bad baseball player" train. But I got smart and stopped watching anything he's on.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:35 AM
hehe

i think some of it is just for attention... just like Sean Hannity

unbiasedtruth
8/7/2009, 03:48 AM

my kinda guy

guess he must have had a "come to his senses" moment. When he was a writer for the Dallas Times Herald back he was the biggest Sooner hater of the local witers in the DFW area...

AlbqSooner
8/7/2009, 06:27 AM

And yes, they got the RRS date wrong. I can just imagine the dip****s they have working behind the scenes at that place, probably couldn't even find Oklahoma on a freakin Oklahoma map.

Fixed. :D

badger
8/7/2009, 07:59 AM
Now, now... perhaps we DID lose "6 of the last 7" ... in something, somehow someway. Let's over analyze this shall we?

eff it. offseason looms. :pop:

MrJimBeam
8/7/2009, 08:07 AM
guess he must have had a "come to his senses" moment. When he was a writer for the Dallas Times Herald back he was the biggest Sooner hater of the local witers in the DFW area...

the guy had to make a living.

Jacie
8/7/2009, 08:16 AM
guess he must have had a "come to his senses" moment. When he was a writer for the Dallas Times Herald back he was the biggest Sooner hater of the local writers in the DFW area...

You did qualify your statement with the word "writers" (fixed).

Anyone familiar with the DFW area sports media knows that the biggest Sooner hater of all was Dale Hansen.