PDA

View Full Version : Lunch with Merv...

OklahomaTuba
8/6/2009, 03:05 PM
Anyone attend the lunch thing with Merv in Tulsa? He said some REALLY interesting things in regards to our o-line (last years and this years). The biggest stunner to me though was that if Sam went down, Landry might not be the go-to-guy.

goingoneight
8/6/2009, 03:08 PM
We also heard all sources claim Keith Nichol would eventually unseat Bradford. Typical freshman stuff... you just don't know until you get them out there.

soonerfan28
8/6/2009, 03:18 PM
There will be some nice competition next season if Bradford leaves between Bell, Jones, and Allen.

cvsooner
8/6/2009, 04:21 PM
Anyone attend the lunch thing with Merv in Tulsa? He said some REALLY interesting things in regards to our o-line (last years and this years). The biggest stunner to me though was that if Sam went down, Landry might not be the go-to-guy.

Well, for those of us who couldn't attend, do elaborate, please.

NormanPride
8/6/2009, 04:25 PM
We also heard all sources claim Keith Nichol would eventually unseat Bradford. Typical freshman stuff... you just don't know until you get them out there.

I'd agree, but Drew Allen looked better in the spring than Landry did. At least even in the spring game.

Who knows after two-a-days, but people have said he's picking things up very quickly.

Petro-Sooner
8/6/2009, 04:26 PM
He was seated at a table across from me at Charleston's five or so years back. Hes a tea drinker. :texan:

King Crimson
8/6/2009, 04:30 PM
i grew up with Merv's kids, and been to the Johnson house many times. he's a great guy.

However, this is not a great endorsement of Landry Jones, if true. coming from Tuba, i'll wait until the MSM beating breitbart link....so my mind and yours isn't controlled by the Evil Empire and the Commies.