PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ware says 4 OU losses in 2009.

soonerfan28
8/6/2009, 02:43 PM
Just heard this on College Football Live. Is this guy f*ckin' kidding me. BYU beats OU first week.

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:48 PM
I was about to post this. Ridiculous. So he thinks we'll lose to BYU, Miami, Texas, and OSU i guess? Come on now.

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:48 PM
Or maybe Tech or Kansas? I just dont understand this guy.

Salt City Sooner
8/6/2009, 02:49 PM
LOVE his logic. His one & only concern is that OU lost 4 starting OL's. I guess that the 4 starting OL's that BYU lost aren't going to bother them one bit. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2009, 02:49 PM
The guy is trying to make a name for himself...thats how you do it...

I can't believe anybody would expect legitimate college football talk from that network

NormanPride
8/6/2009, 02:51 PM
Who?

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:52 PM
Not necessarily the network, its mainly college football live analysts in the offseason. Not exactly up to par.

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:52 PM
Oh and of course they have His Highness on the phone :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/6/2009, 02:53 PM
Sounds about right, I was thinking 0-12 now that Baylor is getting better!

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds about right, I was thinking 0-12 now that Baylor is getting better!

This is a good point.... :D

josh09
8/6/2009, 02:56 PM
HE SAID FLORIDA WILL WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN IF TEBOW IS HURT!

I honestly loled at that one hahahaha

DoubleDown
8/6/2009, 02:59 PM
Did anyone happen to notive that while Ware was bumping his gums they kept showing video of Alabama? I guess the crimson helmets confused them. Worldwide Leader, indeed.:rolleyes:

soonerfan28
8/6/2009, 03:00 PM
No proven WR's, or RB's, but Florida has a good defense. We have no proven WR, but we do have the RB's and we have that Gresham guy and a damn good defense, so I guess we have as good of a chance as Florida.

josh09
8/6/2009, 03:01 PM
No proven WR's, or RB's, but Florida has a good defense. We have no proven WR, but we do have the RB's and we have that Gresham guy and a damn good defense, so I guess we have as good of a chance as Florida.

Nooooo, cuz we're gonna have 4 losses this year, remember?

TXBOOMER
8/6/2009, 03:04 PM
What a stupid Focker! 4 Losses? Right! Did he pick Houston to win the National Championship?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/6/2009, 03:15 PM
You guys ARE all homers!!! Tebow's power is so amazing that not a single team will win a game next year except Florida.

My Opinion Matters
8/6/2009, 03:23 PM
I can't believe we have fans that still get worked up over this sort of thing.

Mac94
8/6/2009, 03:25 PM
Ya gotta understand, poor Andre hasn't quite right in the head since his run in with Aaron Wallace and the Wrecking Crew back in 1989.

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/AggieGifs/AaronWallace_CougarHigh.gif

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2009, 03:26 PM
He and Vince Young are waiting on that call from the HoF committee together

Animal Mother
8/6/2009, 03:27 PM
Andre Ware? As in Andre Ware?
That's what I thought you said.
Next case!

htownsooner7
8/6/2009, 03:29 PM
What's weird is that he respects OU football a great deal. All year last year he talked about how we had the best players on Houston 610 radio.

Dio
8/6/2009, 03:45 PM
I can't believe we have fans that still get worked up over this sort of thing.

well, there's "worked up" and then there's "I can't believe what this crackhead is saying". When the email jihads get going, then we'll be at "worked up"

oudivesherpa
8/6/2009, 04:19 PM
Opinions are like belly buttons, (cleaned that up a bit), everyone got one.

Since71ASooner4Life
8/6/2009, 04:32 PM
LOVE his logic. His one & only concern is that OU lost 4 starting OL's.

Perhaps he's confessing his innermost feelings about where the blame lies when a QB doesn't get the job done.b

Eielson
8/6/2009, 04:45 PM

I actually might almost agree with that.

BoulderSooner79
8/6/2009, 04:51 PM
It would be awesome if lots of media heads predicted 4 loses for us instead of putting us in the title game.

complacency == BAD
chip-on-shoulder == GOOD

tigepilot
8/6/2009, 04:53 PM
Who?

+1

I don't even know who this dude is.

GKeeper316
8/6/2009, 05:00 PM
It would be awesome if lots of media heads predicted 4 loses for us instead of putting us in the title game.

complacency == BAD
chip-on-shoulder == GOOD

ya lets go with that.

sooners will be lucky to beat baylor this year, we'll be sooooooooooo terribad!

(just trying to help the chip-on-shoulder cause)

adoniijahsooner
8/6/2009, 05:18 PM
He's accomplished his shock and awe, because we are talking about him. in my family we ignore the crazy person.

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 06:02 PM
did anybody see the dumb *** Chinese dude on first take today?? they interviewed bob by phone... "Coach Stoops, yall have lost the last 6 of 7 games to texas, what will yall do different?"

lol stoops tore him a new one, he said we have lost the last 3 of 4, not 6 of 7, idk where the heck that stat came from. and we have won the last 3 big 12 championships... and if you want to really count , we won 6 of the last 9 against texas.. hahahah .. Stoops got em good!

dumbass espn

adoniijahsooner
8/6/2009, 06:15 PM
did anybody see the dumb *** Chinese dude on first take today?? they interviewed bob by phone... "Coach Stoops, yall have lost the last 6 of 7 games to texas, what will yall do different?"

lol stoops tore him a new one, he said we have lost the last 3 of 4, not 6 of 7, idk where the heck that stat came from. and we have won the last 3 big 12 championships... and if you want to really count , we won 6 of the last 9 against texas.. hahahah .. Stoops got em good!

dumbass espn

He's a Mizzou alum....he was a real life idiot today...that was funny.

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 06:16 PM
and i wonder why he got the job..... not b/c of his sports knowledge

Michael Kim

silverwheels
8/6/2009, 06:22 PM
I miss the days when I could watch anything on ESPN and not get irritated and/or flabbergasted at the stupidity shown by the network. Those days were a long time ago.

TahoeSOONER
8/6/2009, 06:25 PM
Andre must be hitting the rock. Is BYU capable of a upset, of course. Is it going to happen? Nope, look no further than OUr defensive line agains't that OLINE. I seriously think we'll lead the country in sacks agains't a quality opponent week one. I think OU's offense will be bigger @ WR and more athletic in the trenches. I hope they keep disrespecting this team because if we gel on the OLINE and our safties grow up fast, this team will be nasty.

Give me FL. or SC in the GRAND DADDY OF THEM ALL and let's put the haters to rest.

BOOMER!

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 06:29 PM
thats right Tahoe.... see, both teams lost their Offensive Lines for the most part....

we are Oklahoma, we have Oklahoma offenseive line recruits... they have BYU offensive line recruits... there is a huge difference..... OUr Dline could play Oline for us this game, and we would still win.

and speaking of our DLine.... its going to be a blood bath for Max Hall

(and remember, if somehow we do almost lose this game, i will cut the lights)

TahoeSOONER
8/6/2009, 06:38 PM
If you look at the no huddle, no disrespect to the biggens last year, but I wouldn't mind down sizen a bit and get the tempo up more. The offensive line was great last year and they'll go down as one of the great lines but it won't hurt to get more athletic up front and this is coming from someone who really liked those big hogs.

BYU out of the gates is a quality team but we're going to stomp a mudhole in that mormon @ss on both sides of the ball.

This team has way too much experience not to be hungry come kickoff.

BOOMER!

gaylordfan1
8/6/2009, 07:08 PM
According to Mr. Ware, we only have 30 days until our first loss! Yikes batman.

okcusooner
8/6/2009, 07:29 PM
thats right Tahoe.... see, both teams lost their Offensive Lines for the most part....

we are Oklahoma, we have Oklahoma offenseive line recruits... they have BYU offensive line recruits... there is a huge difference..... OUr Dline could play Oline for us this game, and we would still win.

and speaking of our DLine.... its going to be a blood bath for Max Hall

(and remember, if somehow we do almost lose this game, i will cut the lights)

I like you am hoping for the best. However, how many of us back in August of 2005 were predicting that our new offensive line would be just fine? Probably many of us. I'm sure I was guilty of it. If, god forbid, this OL lays an egg similar to that horrendous TCU home game....then yeah, four losses is possible.

However, I always thought Duke Robinson and Loadholt were overrated. Not saying they were average....but they wouldn't even make third team if you took the task of assembling a list of OU's greatest offensive lineman. I am looking forward to seeing this new line. However, until I do...I don't know what to expect.

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 08:46 PM
Sam Bradford....

stoopified
8/6/2009, 10:53 PM
Andre who ?

sooner ngintunr
8/6/2009, 11:01 PM
He's just pissed that he made the mistake that Sammy didn't......getting drated by the Lions.

SOONER STEAKER
8/6/2009, 11:22 PM
Brent Musburger was ready to laugh his arse off when Andre said OU would lose to BYU and finsih 8-4. Andre will eat crow when we slap the Mormons around in Arlington.

BoulderSooner79
8/6/2009, 11:44 PM
I like you am hoping for the best. However, how many of us back in August of 2005 were predicting that our new offensive line would be just fine? Probably many of us. I'm sure I was guilty of it. If, god forbid, this OL lays an egg similar to that horrendous TCU home game....then yeah, four losses is possible.

However, I always thought Duke Robinson and Loadholt were overrated. Not saying they were average....but they wouldn't even make third team if you took the task of assembling a list of OU's greatest offensive lineman. I am looking forward to seeing this new line. However, until I do...I don't know what to expect.

"Many of us" doesn't include all of us. The 2005 team had "rebuilding" written all over it and not just the O-line. The start of that season was predictable and I didn't consider the TCU game a laid egg - just part of the growing process. BTW, I still consider that year a great year for the entire coaching staff looking at the team progress from game to game (and a bowl win against a 10win opponent!).

Yes, this team is rebuilding on the O-line, but it is in no way a 2005-like rebuilding project. There is no QB controversy due to neither contender stepping up in camp and the defense is going to be solid if not great.

tigepilot
8/7/2009, 12:28 AM
"Many of us" doesn't include all of us. The 2005 team had "rebuilding" written all over it and not just the O-line. The start of that season was predictable and I didn't consider the TCU game a laid egg - just part of the growing process. BTW, I still consider that year a great year for the entire coaching staff looking at the team progress from game to game (and a bowl win against a 10win opponent!).

Yes, this team is rebuilding on the O-line, but it is in no way a 2005-like rebuilding project. There is no QB controversy due to neither contender stepping up in camp and the defense is going to be solid if not great.

I consider '05 to be the worst coaching job of Stoop's staff since he took over. I'm pleased with how it went after the Texas game but what I saw early in the season was really bad and went way beyond having 'rebuilding' players. I remember plays (PLAYS, not entire games) early in that season that reminded me of the Blake years. :eek:

I do agree this year is different than in '05 though. I thought it would be like '05 until all the underclassmen decided to stay. Now, I see it more like a second chance... last year was OU's year and they let it slide. OU lost some linemen and receivers for sure but they got good talent replacing them and I like the current coaching staff now better than in '05.

Little Al
8/7/2009, 06:14 AM
I agree with Tahoe. We'll stomp a mud hole in BYU - and then kick it dry.

soonerspudman
8/7/2009, 09:39 AM
Don't take this stuff seriously, the under guys like Ware are paid to throw out scripted positions to generate passion in the fan base - it's working, just look at this thread.

Watch the replay if you've got it, at the end of the segment Mussburger and Ware look at each other and are doing everything they can to keep from laughing, like "can you believe I had to say that?"

When Ware actually places his bet, his money will be on OU.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2009, 09:42 AM
I consider '05 to be the worst coaching job of Stoop's staff since he took over. I'm pleased with how it went after the Texas game but what I saw early in the season was really bad and went way beyond having 'rebuilding' players. I remember plays (PLAYS, not entire games) early in that season that reminded me of the Blake years. :eek:

I do agree this year is different than in '05 though. I thought it would be like '05 until all the underclassmen decided to stay. Now, I see it more like a second chance... last year was OU's year and they let it slide. OU lost some linemen and receivers for sure but they got good talent replacing them and I like the current coaching staff now better than in '05.

I see losing record for a span = bad coaching
winning record for a span = good coaching
undefeated record for a span = great coaching

Pretty easy formula. I disagree, but everyone has an opinion. It's hard to compare '05 to any other Stoops year because he never had such an inexperienced team. '99 was a big transition year, but he had more experienced players. Green players make mistakes as they did in the first 5 games. In the Blake years, they would have made them for all 11 games -- but in '05 they finished with a team that could have challenged some top 10 teams on the field. I guess i'm easily impressed.

JLEW1818
8/7/2009, 02:45 PM
he also said Oklahoma State should be ranked in the top 5, just now...

bearfan08
8/7/2009, 02:45 PM

In 2005 Baylor took your team to 2 OTs so rebuilding is an understatement. TCU being proud of beating you is just them being pissed of being left out of the big 12. That was the only year in recent memory that they could have beaten OU. There is no way you are as bad as 2005 and if Baylor is within 18 I would be ecstatic at Norman.

TMcGee86
8/7/2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah in 05 OL was the least of our worries. No QB, defense was young, secondary was spotty at best, all freshman WR's, and a playbook that had three plays, AD middle, AD outside, throw on third down.

This will not be anything like 05.

BoulderSooner79
8/7/2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah in 05 OL was the least of our worries. No QB, defense was young, secondary was spotty at best, all freshman WR's, and a playbook that had three plays, AD middle, AD outside, throw on third down.

And you forgot that AD was hurt or hobbled most the year.

Salt City Sooner
8/7/2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah in 05 OL was the least of our worries. No QB, defense was young, secondary was spotty at best, all freshman WR's, and a playbook that had three plays, AD middle, AD outside, & in the 2nd half against Tulsa, punt on 3rd down.

FIFY. :)

Cinco Ranch Cougar
8/7/2009, 04:50 PM
I live in Houston where Andre is co-host on one of the sports talk shows down here. If you heard him on regular basis you would understand how he could come up with this disonnected, rambling piece of logic.
He is painful to listen to, believe me.

SouthCarolinaSooner
8/7/2009, 08:34 PM

But of course! They obviously have the best skill position players, even though half of them have never played a down of college football, they play in the SEC. They MUST be good.

PLaw
8/7/2009, 11:28 PM
Just heard this on College Football Live. Is this guy f*ckin' kidding me. BYU beats OU first week.

Now we know why Andre couldn't cut it in the NFL - there's nothing between the ears.

BOOMER

goingoneight
8/8/2009, 02:02 AM
20 Freshmen started in 2005. 20.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2009, 05:10 AM
In 2005 Baylor took your team to 2 OTs so rebuilding is an understatement. TCU being proud of beating you is just them being pissed of being left out of the big 12. That was the only year in recent memory that they could have beaten OU. There is no way you are as bad as 2005 and if Baylor is within 18 I would be ecstatic at Norman.

You have spunk my friend. Spek to you.

MacPhatDaddy
9/7/2009, 06:10 PM

No, I don't think he was kidding.

boomersooner28
9/7/2009, 06:11 PM
I was waiting for this thread to come back.

A-M
9/7/2009, 06:20 PM
He really just got lucky, that's all.

goingoneight
9/7/2009, 06:27 PM
Did he predict that Bradford would get hurt, because then he's a regular Nostradamus (sp?).

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2009, 06:32 PM
No, he didn't know about Gresham or Bradford when he made his prediction. But he did call the outcome and he did state the reason (O-line). Have to man-up and give him credit. Or better yet, see the O-line improve by leaps and bounds and prove him wrong.

Sooner70
9/7/2009, 07:05 PM
Folks, living in Houston I listen to Ware a bit & find him fairly knowledgeable. I know I'll get hoohawed here (& I'm a Sooner Fan/Stoops supporter), but if OU can't get the wagons circled and come up with some credible offense in quick order, Andre may be right. We've got good enough Defense tos. keep from losing that many, but this offensive unit has to get it together. This faux Blake offensive unit, coming to work unprepared ain't gonna get it in the Big 12.....it may not even get it with the likes of Tulsa, which could be another BYU in the making if OU doesn't get some getalong in scroring points.

RedstickSooner
9/7/2009, 07:31 PM
I remember reading some article over the summer that said the single most important mathematical determinant in college football was line experience. I laughed it off. Nervously.

Oh well.

misplaced_sooner
9/7/2009, 07:36 PM
I thought they might lose 2, Uterus and Okie State. New WRs, newish O-line. I figured those 2 games would be close. With Bradford out 4 weeks, this could get ugly. We can't get into shootouts with teams.

oudivesherpa
9/7/2009, 08:10 PM
While I'm concerned about the O-line I think the mistakes can be fixed. The same player had five false starts. That's a major case of nerves and that can be fixed. As far a center goes, Brody is a tight end who weighs only 250, Habern should be back soon at center and he goes 300+, which is needed in short and goal situations.

Eielson
9/7/2009, 08:50 PM
No, he didn't know about Gresham or Bradford when he made his prediction. But he did call the outcome and he did state the reason (O-line). Have to man-up and give him credit. Or better yet, see the O-line improve by leaps and bounds and prove him wrong.

The fact that a heisman trophy winner and TD record setting TE both went down and BYU still only won by 1 leads me to believe he is still an idiot.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2009, 09:16 PM
The fact that a heisman trophy winner and TD record setting TE both went down and BYU still only won by 1 leads me to believe he is still an idiot.

Not saying Ware is not an idiot. What's the old saying? Even a blind pig will find and acorn every once in a while. He may have just been quoting mindless cliches like "defense wins championships" and "that missed extra point may come back to haunt them". But the O-line was seriously behind the curve and it cost the game and if it is not corrected, Ware could easily be right about the 4 losses. As I remember it, things were not going swimmingly with Sam in there due to penalties and missed assignments. I still say the remedy is to get better and win out and then give Ware a call.

SoonerCoug
9/7/2009, 11:39 PM

How about the fact that BYU had a depleted O-line, was without one of their all-time best RBs, and also lost their defensive play caller and top linebacker very early in the game? Also, consider the fact that Bradford did very little damage prior to halftime.

I don't doubt that if Bradford had remained in the game, OU probably would have won. But we also don't know what would have happened if Unga had played. You really ought to consider both sides of the coin. We turned it over 4 times and had just as many penalties as OU did. We also lost two of our very best players, but we still overcame all of this to win the game.

Cappy
9/8/2009, 12:46 AM
How about the fact that BYU had a depleted O-line, was without one of their all-time best RBs, and also lost their defensive play caller and top linebacker very early in the game? Also, consider the fact that Bradford did very little damage prior to halftime.

I don't doubt that if Bradford had remained in the game, OU probably would have won. But we also don't know what would have happened if Unga had played. You really ought to consider both sides of the coin. We turned it over 4 times and had just as many penalties as OU did. We also lost two of our very best players, but we still overcame all of this to win the game.

Most have been gracious in defeat, so please, in all seriousness either (A) don't compare losing Sam Bradford and Gresham to Harvey Unga, or (B) kindly shut the hell up and leave the boards as you know f-all.

This is the Sooner board. I highly doubt there are going to be any of us here that come here after the game, bar okcusooner, that are going to make excuses for why we were lucky that BYU didn't win by more since Harvey couldn't be found (must be a name thing).

I hope you choose option (B).

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2009, 01:55 AM
I don't care what option coug chooses, but his argument is invalid based solely on the fact that Ware is an idiot due to the fact he didn't see the same weakness in BYU's depleted line. His reasoning should follow that BYU will also lose 4-5 games and he doesn't appear to have ever mentioned that.

Sooner70
9/8/2009, 06:24 AM
If Miami plays as tough as they did against FSU, that's gonna be another huge challenge to overcome for the Sooners. Like I say, unless OU can right their offensive ship, losing 2 out of conference, 2 in conference isn't outside the realm of possibity. Let's hope the ship gets righted.

oupride
9/8/2009, 07:16 AM
Ware is a homer and was a disappointment in the NFL and I dont care what he has to say.

Eielson
9/8/2009, 07:46 AM

Don't even compare Unga to Bradford. I didn't even know who that was until gameday.

SoonerTroll
9/8/2009, 08:17 AM
Why is this rediculous if you can't block???? I have seen nothing that would make me think this is not correct

TheHumanAlphabet
9/8/2009, 08:21 AM
After seeing our "fine" performance Saturday - 4 losses is quite a possibility. Esp. after Miami looked so impressive. Our coaches better get their butt in gear and EARN their salary. They have become fat and lazy and have not coached or game planned big games properly since the 2000 MNC game.

DakotaSooner
9/8/2009, 08:34 AM
I think he was right actually. 4 losses is realistic

Knippz
9/8/2009, 09:35 AM
I'll take 4 losses if we beat *Texas. Though if we have a healthy Sam and Gresh for big games, I don't see use losing any more than 2 (more).

MacPhatDaddy
9/8/2009, 05:59 PM
he also said Oklahoma State should be ranked in the top 5, just now...

The guy isn't exactly losing credibility...what's OKSt? 5 or 6 depending on poll? It's almost like he's a paid professional that has a complete grasp of the game. Weird for a talking head on ESPN.

Hopefully the coaching staff can tighten up the ship quickly and get to the Texas game with just one loss otherwise things could get ugly and team confidence could become an issue.

Sooner04
10/4/2009, 10:33 AM
Andre Ware is looking fairly smart these days.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:35 AM

The king of doom and gloom rears his ugly head...

Sooner04
10/4/2009, 10:38 AM
Who? Andre Ware?

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:40 AM
Who? Andre Ware?

Of course not, you....

GottaHavePride
10/4/2009, 10:46 AM
Well, honestly - people were bagging on Andre Ware for predicting BYU would upset us.

Then it happened.

People were dogging him for predicting a 4-loss season.

Well, Miami just gave us #2. Our best receiver is now also out for the season. Texas is coming up fast, and we still have to play in Lubbock this year. Oh, and OSU will turn up ready to play, too.

So, while it's entirely possible we might not lose another game this season, Andre Ware's prediction isn't looking so far-fetched right now.

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 10:48 AM
Well, honestly - people were bagging on Andre Ware for predicting BYU would upset us.

Then it happened.

People were dogging him for predicting a 4-loss season.

Well, Miami just gave us #2. Our best receiver is now also out for the season. Texas is coming up fast, and we still have to play in Lubbock this year. Oh, and OSU will turn up ready to play, too.

So, while it's entirely possible we might not lose another game this season, Andre Ware's prediction isn't looking so far-fetched right now.

...breaking news...Man landed on the Moon...

iwannabelikesam
10/4/2009, 10:50 AM
Prayers and worship to Andre Ware, the great college football prophet!

MamaMia
10/4/2009, 10:54 AM
:O

kevpks
10/4/2009, 10:57 AM
Sports pundits throw so much crap out there they are bound to be right once in awhile.

OUMedMan
10/4/2009, 11:00 AM
Let's see. . . . .

Texas away from home
Texas Tech away from home
Okie State
Some Bowl Game away from home.

There could be problems ahead. . . . .

Soonerus
10/4/2009, 11:02 AM
Let's see. . . . .

Texas away from home
Texas Tech away from home
Okie State
Some Bowl Game away from home.

There could be problems ahead. . . . .

could be, could not be...

The_Red_Patriot
10/4/2009, 11:19 AM
He called it....

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2009, 11:27 AM
Only 4? What an idiot.

tanjou
10/4/2009, 11:47 AM
Ignore media talking heads. They exist to make money and drive advertising profits.

That said, you're ALL longtime Oklahoma fans. You're the ones should should have seen a four or five loss season after the BYU game. It was apparent the team was undisciplined, young, and the injuries would be decimating. After the ISU and Tulsa games you all bought the "defense" and "mustache" hype, even though you knew better because the opponents were weak and they were in Norman.

The Miami game should have humbled EVERYONE last night. A young, undisciplined, depleted Oklahoma team played an away game against a good team they didn't respect and expected to walk in and score some quick points and have the that Miami lay down for them. This is the repeated story of how Oklahoma plays and loses games on the road. You should have figured this out by now; if not, it's clear as day as of this morning.

It doesn't make me or anyone else any happier, but try to keep mind: It's a game and you should enjoy it. Take pride in the wins, enjoy the predictable comedy of the losses. One day something will change, but for now this is the way Oklahoma plays and it's still pretty good.

HBick
10/4/2009, 12:30 PM
tanjou,

I don't think the Sooners expected them to lay down for us. Their backs were against the wall just like ours. That said, don't tell me to enjoy it, or to take pride in wins, or to "enjoy the predictable comedy of the losses." What are you, my Dad? I don't kneed your philosophical bs to tell me to how to react after an OU loss. Yeah it sucks, but maybe you should embrace the fact that Bradford, Gresham, Williams, and McCoy should have all left for the NFL, that would make this season more bearable for me at least.

And the only thing you said that I will agree with refers to the "but for now this is the way Oklahoma plays and it's still pretty good." Bob doesn't get paid to be pretty good, he gets paid to win National Titles. I know that I'm a bad fan for this, the only way our season is saved is not by going to a BCS game, but by beating Texas and OSU.

Cinco Ranch Cougar
10/4/2009, 12:49 PM
Guys,
He said this before the season on one of those pre-season shows. In fact someone posted his prediction before the start of the season. I posted that I thought he was a moron among other things.
HMMMMMM............... me thinks he ain't that far off.
We still have UT and I believe Nebraska in Lincoln.
?????????????????????????????????????????

Eielson
10/4/2009, 03:20 PM

He didn't predict Bradford, Gresham, and Broyles to all get hurt, so no, he's still an idiot. That's basically our entire passing game.

Shaggy721
10/4/2009, 04:26 PM
Only 4? What an idiot.

that made me lol

Okie35
10/4/2009, 04:29 PM
He didn't predict Bradford, Gresham, and Broyles to all get hurt, so no, he's still an idiot. That's basically our entire passing game.

:pop:

ouduckhunter
10/4/2009, 04:29 PM
He called it....

Right or wrong, he's still a raging idiot!:mad:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/4/2009, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to see everyone is overlooking Nebraska and Kansas.

If we continue the level of play we demonstrated against BYU and Miami we could be a 6 loss team, much less 4....

But, this is only because we are a depleted offensive squad.

I think we should all recognize that if we are a perfectly heathy team with Bradford, Gresham, and Broyles, we are 4-0, albeit an ugly 4-0. We lost two winnable games by 1 point apiece. Those three players (especially Gresham) give us another 2-3 plays in the game that we needed to make a difference.

Think about it: We've lost three out of our top 4 playmakers.

Right now I'm praying we keep the 4th, Murray, healthy.

ARKtos
10/4/2009, 06:23 PM
Just curious....

Andre didn't happen to mention anything about Baylor, did he?

Petro-Sooner
10/4/2009, 06:39 PM
Texas then the cotton bowl. Nothing about baylor.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/5/2009, 01:32 AM
He also predicted we would also ALL lose on December 21, 2012!!!

sooner59
10/5/2009, 02:34 AM
Andre Ware was just trying to make a name for himself by predicting something that was "out there". He made those predictions before Bradford, Gresham, Wort, Broyles....ANYONE was injured. At the time it was an idiotic prediction. Anyone who says he is looking smart now is as stupid as he is. Nobody predicted all of those injuries. If there were no injuries, we are most likely undefeated and in the driver's seat. The only way his argument holds water is with the injuries, so in hind-sight, he lucked out on his prediction and everybody knows he is still fairly retarded.

How long did he last in the NFL again? Did he do anything worth mentioning? He is as real as his team....Houston...who lost to UTEP. Yeah, enough said. Today, wouldn't get as much attention as Case Keenum did. No chance at his "heisman" nowadays.

LawtonBoy74
10/5/2009, 02:51 AM
Dont critique the mans playing days..Almost all analyst weren't the best in college or the NFL..in hindsight it looks like A. Ware was right about the 4 losses...with all the injuries and the current situation we are in now I'd be content with 4 wins..You couldn't ask for worse luck than what we have had this year...This is one of those we better beat TEXAS to redeem our season type of seasons :cry:

CBUS_SOONER
10/5/2009, 07:10 AM
Yeah, who cares... The man made a prediction... Big deal. We may lose way more than 4...

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/5/2009, 02:42 PM
Andredamus!!!

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 03:41 PM
We're 3-3 with 6 (and maybe a 7th, bowl) games left. I hope he is right on the money as it could be worse.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/17/2009, 03:45 PM
Not taking the time to read through the previous 5 pages, but did he predict that we would lose Gresham for the entire year, Bradford for essentially the entire year, Broyles for two games, Brian Simmons, etc...

We have lost 3 games by 5 points. Don't make this guy out to be more than he is.

goingoneight
10/17/2009, 03:45 PM
Someone kill this damn thread. Andre Ware had no way of knowing all the **** this team would go through just to *barely* be 3-3 instead of 6-0.

TMcGee86
10/17/2009, 03:49 PM
At this point I would gladly take just one more loss the rest of the way.

However I don't want it to be in a bowl game. Anything but that.

the_sooners_abide
10/17/2009, 03:50 PM
If we only lose 4 games, I'm sending Andre Ware flowers in a nice vase!

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 03:51 PM
LOVE his logic. His one & only concern is that OU lost 4 starting OL's. I guess that the 4 starting OL's that BYU lost aren't going to bother them one bit. :rolleyes:

It looks like Andre's logic was right. If we had better OL, then Bradford doesn't get hurt either time and we are likely 6-0 now.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2009, 04:02 PM
is somebody gonna bump this everytime we lose?

mojorisen2014
10/17/2009, 04:03 PM
bump

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 04:05 PM
is somebody gonna bump this everytime we lose?

Yes, but only (if) until we get to 5 losses and then everyone will criticize Andre for overestimating the Sooners.

NittanyHorn
11/8/2009, 12:53 AM
I was about to post this. Ridiculous. So he thinks we'll lose to BYU, Miami, Texas, and OSU i guess? Come on now.

What an idiot for predicting 4 OU losses in 2009. That'll never happen.

kevpks
11/8/2009, 01:11 AM
At least we are now done losing. Thank you Andredamus for predicting our future.

nighttrain12
11/8/2009, 01:13 AM
We were all hoping Andre would be wrong with his prediction and now we are all hoping (and praying) he will be right.

JUST BEAT THOSE DAMN AGGIES, is all I ask!

General Applewhite
11/8/2009, 07:45 AM
College football has an amazing effect on the minds of ordinarily sane people.

Ware knew the Oklahoma o-line's lack of experience would be a big problem and put Sam's health in jeopardy.

Every other college football fan on every other message board knew this........yet, every Oklahoma fan is shocked by it.

Every summer, without fail, internet articles pop up from ESPN to the Wall Steet Journal talking about how total o-line starts are the most accurate barometer of predicting success and every year those articles are proven right.

General Applewhite
11/8/2009, 07:48 AM
Submitted for your review:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123984090891223207.html

This season, watch for Texas to unseat Oklahoma as Big 12 Conference champion. Both teams return their star quarterbacks, but Texas's Colt McCoy now has a far more seasoned offensive line (91 combined starts) to work with than the Sooners' Sam Bradford, whose line has 29 starts, down from 131 last year.

the_sooners_abide
11/8/2009, 07:48 AM
No way we only lose 4 now..

Ag_in_TX
11/9/2009, 12:04 PM
wow

Pigface1
11/9/2009, 01:07 PM
Sonofabitch jinxed us.

TopDawg
11/9/2009, 02:09 PM
Sonofabitch jinxed us.

HE didn't jinx us. Our fans' reaction to him jinxed us.

We've got a bunch of hard-headed fans that don't understand the need to

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
RESPECT THE JINX!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TopDawg
11/9/2009, 02:13 PM
If we would've responded to Ware's prediction with polite disagreement by acknowledging that we play some good teams and have a lack of experience at key positions, we'd be undefeated right now and Sam would be the Heisman frontrunner. But NOOOOOO...a bunch of Sooner fans had to go get their panties in a wad over something someone on ESPN said and then proclaim that there was no way in the world that we'd lose 4 games.

Let me tell you something, people, you're just tempting the jinx gods by doing that. Maybe we wouldn't've lost 4 games without all the injuries. BUT WHY DO YOU THINK WE HAVE ALL THE INJURIES?! Because some of you failed to

RESPECT THE JINX!!!

This type of injury situation is absurd. It doesn't just happen. It's a direct result of an inability to

RESPECT THE JINX!!!

I swear...you people will never learn.

boomermagic
11/9/2009, 02:14 PM
Who the hell is andre ware ?

SteelClip49
11/9/2009, 02:49 PM
Andre Ware predicted 4 losses with Gresham and Bradford healthy and playing, not like this therefore he is wrong.

If we lose one more game then, well, he is definitely wrong.