PDA

View Full Version : Kody Cooke transfers to Tulsa and

soonerfan28
8/6/2009, 02:09 PM
Trey Watts son of J.C. Watts walked-on at Tulsa.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090804_94_0_Tulsaw219452

TU football welcomes 32 newcomers
Of those reporting to campus, 23 were scholarship players

By ERIC BAILEY World Sports Writer
Published: 8/4/2009 6:45 PM
Last Modified: 8/4/2009 6:57 PM

Tulsa welcomed 32 newcomers to its football program on Tuesday afternoon.

Among those were 23 scholarship players, including Oklahoma City Douglass star Destin Stewart. The versatile Stewart originally had signed a letter of intent with Hawaii, but changed his mind over the weekend to join Tulsa. His immediate status is unknown. Stewart has 26 catches for 521 yards and nine touchdowns as a receiver, and 76 tackles and five interceptions on defense in 2008.

Two players that signed scholarships with TU but didn’t show were defensive backs Antonio Parker and Arthur Render. Parker is attending junior college, while Render, a junior college transfer, is believed to be an academic casualty.

Players joining Stewart as late scholarship additions include offensive lineman transfers David Lazenby (6-foot-5, 290 pounds) from Fort Scott, Kan., Community College) and Kody Cooke (6-4, 291 pounds) from Oklahoma.

Tulsa will grayshirt five players from its 2009 recruiting class: OL Stetson Burnett, TE Greg Brown, DE Daeshon Bufford, LB Shawn Jackson and OL Brian Mincher. Players that accept a grayshirt will join TU in January 2010 and not count against the Golden Hurricane’s scholarship limit.

Nine walk-ons checked onto campus, including Trey Watts. The Oakton (Va.) High School running back is the son of former Oklahoma quarterback J.C. Watts.
The varsity players will report on Wednesday, and TU will hold its media day on Thursday.

Chiliman
8/6/2009, 03:44 PM
I talked to Kody's dad recently and he told me that there was a slim chance Kody could be eligible this year. Something to do with his redshirt year at OU actually occurring because of a knee injury, for which he had surgery. Regardless, I hope he has success at TU.