PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Sooners

BermudaSooner
8/6/2009, 12:42 PM
Anybody else heading to Norman tomorrow to wait in the long lines to get Sam's autograph? The kids love it, so I'm there.

Shockwave
8/6/2009, 12:47 PM
Oh dude I'm so there tomorrow. We plan on lining up around 6am-ish, that's of couse me talking now. A night of drinking up on Meridian w/ some friends might push that up a bit.:D

badger
8/6/2009, 12:52 PM
I have a Heisman football that I gave my dad that needs updating. I took it to the unveiling of Jason's statue and all of our recipients were there... before anyone tries to correct me, I'm sure Billy V's angel was there and if you didn't see it, well, he must know that you secretly only support OU as long as we win the Big 12 :P

:mad: So yes, all of OU's Heisman recipients were there.

NCSooner18
8/6/2009, 01:08 PM
Driving up from DFW. I too have a Heisman football for Sam to sign.

BermudaSooner
8/6/2009, 01:14 PM
Silly me...I thought this thing was for the kids!

badger
8/6/2009, 01:25 PM
Silly me...I thought this thing was for the kids!

It is... for the first half hour. After that, get in the Sammie line before it gets capped :D

I don't attend these. It sounds fun though.

StoopTroup
8/6/2009, 01:58 PM
The "Sammie Line"....

He'll have his own restaurant someday....lol

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/6/2009, 02:15 PM
He'll have his own restaurant someday....lol

It's not barbeque, it's Sammie-Q!

nighttrain12
8/7/2009, 09:13 PM
How did it go guys? Did you meet who you wanted to there?

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/7/2009, 10:49 PM
I was there. Got there 2 1/2 hours early, and once they opened the gates for the general public I quickly realized there was no way I was getting my Heisman ball signed by Sam. His line had at least 2 hours of JUST kids club members...and from what I heard from a buddy who went through the RB line, Landry, Drew, Nimmo, and, uh...other guy, weren't doing a whole lot. They could've made it hyper-efficient and just had all the other QBs sign "Sam Bradford." A few Yellow Shirted Gestapo members told me people had started lining up as early as 8 p.m. the previous evening.

Once I bailed on the Sam line, I decided to go through the Assistant Coaches line...which was cool, 'cause I didn't have Josh Heupel's autograph. Finally got that (and Cale Gundy's, Jackie Shipp, etc...it was "Meet the Sooner Legends Day" for SbOrOiNaEnR). Probably could've gone through another shorter line after that, but I was tired, and ready to go home.

So, if you went SOLELY to get Sam's autograph, and expected to leave happy, there's a good chance you were disappointed. If you had a backup plan, things might've been alright.

NCSooner18
8/7/2009, 11:08 PM
We drove up from Dallas "primarily" to get Sam's sig on the heisman ball but no way. Did get tight ends and d ends on a mini helmet. I figure at least 2 all americans in those groups. Not a wasted trip. Don't know when I will ever get Sam on the Heisman ball.

nighttrain12
8/8/2009, 10:22 AM
Here's an article about the event written by Berry Tramel. He suggests OU fans worship Bradford as strongly as Gator fans worship Tim-you-know-who.

http://www.newsok.com/berry-tramel-crowds-at-fan-day-starting-to-become-overwhelming/article/3391310?custom_click=lead_story_title