PDA

View Full Version : Open Practices

Boomer38Sooner
8/5/2009, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know if there are any open practices this year? I know Stoops doesn't like to open many of them but if anyone has any details i would love to know. Thanks!

goingoneight
8/5/2009, 05:50 PM
I'm going to say no, in a great way.

BermudaSooner
8/6/2009, 10:43 AM
This question was on the Sports Animal the other day, and Esbach said all of the practices are closed.

Except of course Meet the Sooners day tomorrow.

JLEW1818
8/6/2009, 11:17 AM
good to see you back posting Bermuda,

you got any BCS computers predictions this season? :D

soonerfan28
8/6/2009, 02:21 PM
Does it bother anybody that the practices are close? I can understand last year because we were trying to implement the hurry-up, but I wish he would open a few more this year.

badger
8/6/2009, 02:50 PM
Does it bother anybody that the practices are close? I can understand last year because we were trying to implement the hurry-up, but I wish he would open a few more this year.

I think we lost our open practice privilege when we all (media, fans, opposing fans, ESPN) started pointing out the January record and perhaps made one-too-many three-way-tie/45-35 references this offseason.

I think that Stoops and the rest of the coaches, not to mention the team, doesn't want any distractions from their eyes on the big prize. Perhaps when we win a bowl, beat Texaz (wait... TEXAS! haha, i can type that again) and rake in every major trophy, we will open practices.

Till that time comes, I fully endorse closing practices.

gaylordfan1
8/6/2009, 07:26 PM
Does anyone know when they will post the live feeds from the practices on soonersports?