PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Predictions for 2009

KingDavid
8/4/2009, 05:18 PM
Obligitory homer predictions that I truly believe in my heart:

OU beats Texas 45-31
OU wins Big XII title
OU wins BCS national championshipMiscellaneous Predictions, Big XII:

Sergio Kindle will be dismissed from the Horns before the end of the year and take down at least one lesser-known player with him.
OSU will beat Texas 45-42.
Baylor will lose it's chance at a bowl by losing to A&M in a close one.
Nebraska will announce its return to prominence with a signature victory, hopefully not against us.
Nebraska will sweep the North and enter the Big XII Championship ranked in the Top 10.
The Loser of the Tech-A&M game will finish last in the South
OU will have at least two "way-too-close-for-comfort" victories, one of which will be at Nebraska (35-34)
OU will blast Nebraska in the rematch in Dallas, 51-21.Other Conference Champions:

SEC champion: Florida
Pac 10 champion: USC
Big 10 champion: Ohio State
ACC champion: Miami
Big East champion: Pitt
Conference USA champion: Houston
MAC Chamption: Ball State
Mountain West champion: BYU
Sunbelt champion: Florida Atlantic
WAC Champion: Boise State
Independents: Notre Dame will be average and fire Charlie WeissNational Awards:

Heisman: Blue Jesus
Maxwell: Sam Bradford
Camp: Zach Robinson
O'Brien: Colt McCoy
Unitas: Sam Bradford
Walker: Kendall Hunter
Belitnikoff: Dez Bryant
Outland: Ndamukong Suh
Butkus: Brandon Spikes (Travis Lewis, finalist)
Nagurski: Taylor Mays
Mackey: Jermaine Gresham
Rimington: Kristofer O'Dowd
Thorpe: Taylor Mays
Lombardi: Gerald McCoy
Hendricks: Auston English
Ray Guy: Bryan Anger
Lou Groza: Matt Bosher
Coach of the Year: Bo Pelini
Assistant Coach of the Year: Kevin WilsonSeason Ending Predictions, BCS Bowls:

Rose: USC 49 v. Ohio State 17
Orange: Miami 24 v. Pitt 23
Sugar: LSU 20 v. Penn State 17
Fiesta: Texas 31 v. Florida State 21
This year's BCS tragedy: An undefeated USC that loses its bid to the BCS championship due to poor computer rankings.
No BCS "Busters" from the Mid-majors this year.National Championship Prediction:

BCS: Oklahoma 28 v. Florida 27
AP: USC

JLEW1818
8/4/2009, 05:20 PM
nice

my picks (http://yearroundcollegefootball.blogspot.com/2009/08/jlews-2009-football-picks_02.html)

htownsooner7
8/4/2009, 05:27 PM
Very nicely done.

KingDavid
8/4/2009, 05:31 PM
nice

my picks (http://yearroundcollegefootball.blogspot.com/2009/08/jlews-2009-football-picks_02.html)

Different path, same result.

I do get worried that if we're in a three team beauty contest with Florida and USC, I think we'd be facing some serious negative energy from the press.

Sooner_09
8/5/2009, 12:00 AM
I say Baylor upsets the pokes in Waco 42-38. Griffins runs for over 300 yards and scores 4 TDs

o0Dan0o
8/5/2009, 12:00 AM
Obligitory homer predictions that I truly believe in my heart:

OU beats Texas 45-31
OU wins Big XII title
OU wins BCS national championshipMiscellaneous Predictions, Big XII:

Sergio Kindle will be dismissed from the Horns before the end of the year and take down at least one lesser-known player with him.
OSU will beat Texas 45-42.
Baylor will lose it's chance at a bowl by losing to A&M in a close one.
Nebraska will announce its return to prominence with a signature victory, hopefully not against us.
Nebraska will sweep the North and enter the Big XII Championship ranked in the Top 10.
The Loser of the Tech-A&M game will finish last in the South
OU will have at least two "way-too-close-for-comfort" victories, one of which will be at Nebraska (35-34)
OU will blast Nebraska in the rematch in Dallas, 51-21.Other Conference Champions:
Assistant Coach of the Year: Kevin Wilson[/LIST]Season Ending Predictions, BCS Bowls:

Rose: USC 49 v. Ohio State 17
Orange: Miami 24 v. Pitt 23
Sugar: LSU 20 v. Penn State 17
Fiesta: Texas 31 v. Florida State 21
This year's BCS tragedy: An undefeated USC that loses its bid to the BCS championship due to poor computer rankings.
No BCS "Busters" from the Mid-majors this year.National Championship Prediction:

BCS: Oklahoma 28 v. Florida 27
AP: USC

The only areas where I disagree, I don't think the OU-Neb game will be that close, maybe a field goal, though I agree that and OSU game will probably be too close for comfort.

And I don't see Florida returning to the NCG, the SEC will wear them down and they will loose a game in the mess of it all. They will probably win the SEC, but I think Ole Miss will play them in the conf. champ. game.

Also, I SUC will loose some game they are supposed to win because their offense will suck again this year, and their defense won't be as good...
Dan

Edit: Side prediction. Sam stays for his senior year, moves on to a bit more than a decade in the NFL, and in his mid 30's comes back to OU to start his carrier in coaching, starting as a QB coach here, returning to OU in his mid 40's as the HC and leading us to 3 more NCs.

budbarrybob
8/5/2009, 07:18 AM
To be heard this year.

"Chris Murray with the ball as he goes off tackle... and puts a real hard hit on the defender from, uh, HA! Nebraska for a pick up of 8" - Bobby Barry

Gotta Love BBS

cheezyq
8/5/2009, 10:22 AM
Different path, same result.

I do get worried that if we're in a three team beauty contest with Florida and USC, I think we'd be facing some serious negative energy from the press.

I don't think USC gets out of their schedule without at least 2 losses. As much as I hate them, they do play good OOC schedules.

UF doesn't have a tough schedule, particularly in the non-con (Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International??????), so they'll struggle on the computers when compared to other schedules, including ours, and I could easily see them losing in Death Valley and slipping up somewhere else down the road. They'll be very tough this year, but TT also lost his top 2 receiving options from last year, one of them being Harvin, who meant more to that team than I think people realize.

I think some team will sneak up and take people by surprise a bit this year. I don't know who it is, but that's how I feel this year.

JLEW1818
8/5/2009, 12:30 PM
I don't think USC gets out of their schedule without at least 2 losses.

agree

i think this will be one of the worse USC teams under Carroll, since 03

BosworthXXXL
8/5/2009, 01:23 PM
I don't think we give up 31 to Texass

Alabama in place of LSU

Vir Tech in place of Miami

Boise St in place of Florida State

good predictions bud I and everybody else I am sure enjoy reading them

P :)

BosworthXXXL
8/5/2009, 01:38 PM
I could easily see them losing in Death Valley and slipping up somewhere else down the road. They'll be very tough this year, but TT also lost his top 2 receiving options from last year, one of them being Harvin, who meant more to that team than I think people realize.

I think some team will sneak up and take people by surprise a bit this year. I don't know who it is, but that's how I feel this year.[/QUOTE]

I am really pulling for LSU to take them down.......it is realistic

another hiccup......the only other one I can see is when they travel to Columbia, SC

you never know

Harvin.......yep
bros I talk to about this all disagree with me but he was the key to that offense

plus they have a weak running game

and everybody wants to take down a team ranked #1:)

soonervegas
8/5/2009, 01:51 PM
Here is my simple OU prediction:

OU beats UT, but stumbles against KU or NU. Gets revenge in Big 12 Championship game (against the team that beat us) for our 4th straight.

OU ends up in a debate amongst 2-3 teams for who gets the right to play a Florida team that is 13-0 or 12-1 in the BCS title game.

OU loses that argument, in part to recent history and ESPN bringing it up repeatedly, ad nauseum....

Florida crushes their BCS championship opponent and claims their 3rd in 4 years.
OU turns around bad fortune and crushes a team in the Fiesta Bowl.

ESPN ends the season by talking about how UF and OU were the best teams in the country this year.

rainiersooner
8/5/2009, 05:34 PM
Ha ha - USC with the AP: good one! Can we get a title for Alabama somewhere? :)