PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Mock Draft College Thing

DallasSooner87
8/4/2009, 02:13 PM
OU 3rd to the surprise of nobody.

OSU 26 by Schlabach

This follows

Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com: Speechless. Here's a motto: Making Noise in the Top 25 Since 2008.

Pat Forde, ESPN.com: Wow. I bet a lot of teams that have gone 31-42 in league play wish they could be picked this high, too.

I laughed, dare I say out loud.

JLEW1818
8/4/2009, 02:20 PM
thanks

Cam
8/4/2009, 02:22 PM
Link?

Okie35
8/4/2009, 02:35 PM
Its on the espn home page can't miss it ... but if you need the direct link here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4375901

badger
8/4/2009, 02:47 PM
Will Texaz really start losing after Macc retires? Will Muschamp turn into a sf.com word that I have to misspell to avoid the asterisk? Will whatever Kolt's younger brother's name is also have the asterisk curse?

I can't wait for Texaz to start losing again, lol :D

KingDavid
8/4/2009, 02:54 PM
This sort of stupid activity is what we're reduced to while we wait for the season to start.

Miserable.

Can't believe Miami fell that far - I don't think they made the top 25.

DallasSooner87
8/4/2009, 03:10 PM
This sort of stupid activity is what we're reduced to while we wait for the season to start.

Miserable.

Yeah I'm desperate for anything football related.

rainiersooner
8/4/2009, 05:01 PM

Miserable.

Nope, this kind of stupid activity is what we're reduced to while we wait for the season to start:

I get so sick of people talking about how Texas wins in January and we can't. So, I looked at who OU has played in bowl games versus who Texas has played in bowl games. On average, OU's opponents have been ranked almost 2.5 times higher than Texas' opponents. Only once has Texas played someone ranked higher than 10; OU has only played someone ranked lower than 10 once.

Does OU need to figure out how to win in January? Sure - has the quality of our opponents (based upon having achieved greater success during the regular season come into play? Of course).

TEXAS OU
Opponent Result Rank Opponent Result Rank
2008 Ohio State W 10 Florida L 1
2007 Arizona State W 12 WVU L 11
2006 Iowa W 35 Boise State L 9
2005 USC W 1 Oregon W 6
2004 Michigan W 12 USC L 1
Average Rank 13 Average Rank 5.6

And that's all I've got to say about that....

rainiersooner
8/4/2009, 05:02 PM

Miserable.

Nope, this kind of stupid activity is what we're reduced to while we wait for the season to start:

I get so sick of people talking about how *Texas* wins in January and we can't. So, I looked at who OU has played in bowl games versus who *Texas* has played in bowl games. On average, OU's opponents have been ranked almost 2.5 times higher than *Texas*' opponents. Only once has *Texas* played someone ranked higher than 10; OU has only played someone ranked lower than 10 once.

Does OU need to figure out how to win in January? Sure - has the quality of our opponents (based upon having achieved greater success during the regular season come into play? Of course).

*Texas* OU
Opponent Result Rank Opponent Result Rank
2008 Ohio State W 10 Florida L 1
2007 Arizona State W 12 WVU L 11
2006 Iowa W 35 Boise State L 9
2005 USC W 1 Oregon W 6
2004 Michigan W 12 USC L 1
Average Rank 13 Average Rank 5.6

And that's all I've got to say about that....

rainiersooner
8/4/2009, 05:02 PM
The table got all messed up when I put it in the thread, but you get the point!

IronHorseSooner
8/5/2009, 06:00 AM
Schlabach and Forde are @$$clowns, and this article shows it. After Maisel picked us, Forde put an asinine comment, and with Schlabach's OSU pick, he stated that Pickens would just buy a title, and then puts in quotes "or is that the other Oklahoma school?" Schlabach is the same idiot who said that our D-Line has no depth, and 'Bama and FLA should have just had a rematch for the MNC last year. I will still say that Forde, an old Mizzou grad, is still bitter about the last few beat downs we have given his beloved Tigers.

SoonerPr8r
8/5/2009, 10:15 AM
There is a place to vote for your own 40 OU is currently at #2 behind Penn State

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ballot/_/id/3874/120-40

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2009, 02:56 PM
Their conference alignment thing is done...

Bud Wilkinson Conf

Arkansas
Kansas
LSU
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M

JOHN MCKAY CONFERENCE
Arizona State
Boise State
Brigham Young
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Texas Tech
UCLA
USC
Utah

stoops the eternal pimp
8/6/2009, 02:57 PM
BEAR BRYANT CONFERENCE
Alabama
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Miami
South Carolina
Tennessee

KNUTE ROCKNE CONFERENCE
Boston College
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wisconsin

SoonerDutch
8/6/2009, 03:53 PM
The whole idea to group teams together by geography changes nothing from the way things are now.
It's just a glorified Big 12 and SEC, a western conference dominated by USC, and a still mediocre Big 10.