PDA

View Full Version : AD still the ultimate role model.

nutinbutdust
8/4/2009, 12:01 PM
Gotta tell ya all about what happened last saturday at Mankato MN... vikings training camp.

Let me lead in to the story a little. A friend of mines son was brain damaged from lack of oxygen at birth. He is 15, but has the development of a 4 year old. He, his mom, and aunt were eating lunch at perkins. They looked over a table there were 5 football players eating lunch. His mother discreetly passed AD a note, asking for an autograph for her son. AD sent one back and said no problem, if you have a camera come over and pose for a picture.
They went over and posed took a picture, then the restaraunt went crazy, everyone wanted his autograph. He graciously thanked them for being discrete, then commenced to pose and sigh autographs for other people.

I just wish all pro atheletes could show this much class and respect for their fans. Sure beats the heck out of Randy M. when he was here. My only other wish is that AD gets to play for a team with a chance of winning a ring before he retires.

Later All
Boomer Sooner

badger
8/4/2009, 12:10 PM
I really, really wish that Adrian played someplace closer to Oklahoma so that he could return back to Norman more often. The college atmosphere tends to respect its athletic celebrities a little more than the pro atmosphere does as far as autograph and picture requests.

swardboy
8/4/2009, 12:22 PM
Perkins? He IS a humble man!

badger
8/4/2009, 12:31 PM
Regardless of whether it's AD or AP, I'm not knocking the fact that you all get to see him in Minnesota. I would have to say that this is a one million percent improvement for a team's fanbase to have AD as opposed to Randy Moss.

nutinbutdust
8/4/2009, 03:35 PM
You betcha badger, I dont think i will be reading about AD running down a traffic cop in down town minnapolis like some <edit> previously mentioned, <edit> former players. I just wish the local sportscasters could figure out to call him ad instead of ap. lol

ouduckhunter
8/4/2009, 04:57 PM
Class act all the way! Nice story.

AlbqSooner
8/4/2009, 07:56 PM
I really, really wish that Adrian played someplace closer to Oklahoma so that he could return back to Norman more often. The college atmosphere tends to respect its athletic celebrities a little more than the pro atmosphere does as far as autograph and picture requests.

Oh pooh baj. You wish he played closer to Oklahoma so he would not be in the same division as the Pack. ;) :D :D

goingoneight
8/4/2009, 10:27 PM
You know how those BIG 12 players always end up busts in the NFL and all.

:les: WTGAD!!!111!!1111!1

sooner59
8/5/2009, 03:03 AM
I ate at Perkins once....at 2 a.m.

Nice to see pro athletes keeping it real.