PDA

View Full Version : This kinda say's a Lot about the make up of this Board

olevetonahill
8/2/2009, 01:15 PM
jaun crys about spek , His thread gets 70 views and 13 response's in just over an hour

I start a Thread about a Serviceman's Remains being brot home and IT gets 14 views and 3 response's in about 2 hrs

Say's alot to this old war horse :(
carry on

SoonerStormchaser
8/2/2009, 01:22 PM
I know...pathetic isn't it?

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 01:28 PM
True dat!

Okla-homey
8/2/2009, 01:31 PM
jaun crys about spek , His thread gets 70 views and 13 response's in just over an hour

I start a Thread about a Serviceman's Remains being brot home and IT gets 14 views and 3 response's in about 2 hrs

carry on

Bro,

Just be happy you live in a country willing to commit its time and treasure to recover its fallen, no matter how long ago they fell. Maybe the reason people aren't paying much attention is the fact that because America routinely does what she does to bring her honored dead home, and/or close open MIA cases, it's become less newsworthy.

Sooner_Bob
8/2/2009, 01:38 PM
I would love to see people's heads explode if spek gets taken away . . . but seriously vet, if you want a really popular thread post about the new Jon and Kate plus 8 . . .

olevetonahill
8/2/2009, 01:40 PM
I would love to see people's heads explode if spek gets taken away . . . but seriously vet, if you want a really popular thread post about the new Jon and Kate plus 8 . . .

Ya I know , seems Most just want to honor with their mouth and not the heart :(

olevetonahill
8/2/2009, 01:52 PM
Bro,

Just be happy you live in a country willing to commit its time and treasure to recover its fallen, no matter how long ago they fell. Maybe the reason people aren't paying much attention is the fact that because America routinely does what she does to bring her honored dead home, and/or close open MIA cases, it's become less newsworthy.

Well to be honest Homester the Country wasn't so willing until This group got all up in it .
The National League of Families

Okla-homey
8/2/2009, 02:28 PM
Well to be honest Homester the Country wasn't so willing until This group got all up in it .
The National League of Families

I agree, but America eventually always does the right thing. BTW, the aforementioned League was aided by several vets groups and a couple of high-profile senators. One of whom made an unsuccesful run at the White House last year.

soonerloyal
8/2/2009, 02:51 PM
You're absolutely right, and I'm sorry. I can't believe I didn't see your thread, but the story was the first thing I read this morning.

Another sad part of a very sad day. But I'm glad the family and loved ones will be able to have him home.

Godspeed, Captain. Another of America's best coming home at last, but not the way we'd like. :(

We will never forget.

Sooner04
8/2/2009, 03:06 PM
I think the current makeup of the board has a lot to do with you being able to do this crap:

Quote:
This health care dealio... 8/2/2009 08:08 AM olevetonahill er3
Vick reinstated 8/2/2009 08:07 AM olevetonahill rgt
Vick reinstated 8/2/2009 08:07 AM olevetonahill er
Vick reinstated 8/2/2009 08:06 AM olevetonahill 23
I would like to... 8/2/2009 08:06 AM olevetonahill rt
How Yall cook yer... 8/2/2009 08:05 AM olevetonahill n
Sooners in NFL update 8/2/2009 08:05 AM olevetonahill h
Favre to stay gone 8/2/2009 08:04 AM olevetonahill w
Taco Bueno or Taco Bell? 8/2/2009 08:04 AM olevetonahill c
Obama Health Plan to... 8/2/2009 08:03 AM olevetonahill 1
Obama Health Plan to... 8/2/2009 08:03 AM olevetonahill dw
From OP 8/2/2009 08:03 AM olevetonahill we
so, what's yer fave... 8/2/2009 08:01 AM olevetonahill fg
Arnold needs to be our... 8/2/2009 08:01 AM olevetonahill dr
Arnold needs to be our... 8/2/2009 08:01 AM olevetonahill se
What Are You Listening... 8/2/2009 08:00 AM olevetonahill aq
I'm actually drunk and... 8/2/2009 07:58 AM olevetonahill meh
Long John Silvers 8/1/2009 09:02 PM olevetonahill meh
Should Obama push... 8/1/2009 01:36 PM olevetonahill natty
Honest to God, deep in... 8/1/2009 01:34 PM olevetonahill neh
Obama Health Plan to... 8/1/2009 01:31 PM olevetonahill meh
and get away with it. A lot of people have been run off by these attitudes.

olevetonahill
8/2/2009, 03:06 PM
I know...pathetic isn't it?

And then "The arsehole" one stars it :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2009, 03:08 PM
I missed it too. The thing with the South Oval is though is that 90% of threads become a **** on Palin/Obama threads. So I mostly gloss over the SO most of the time.

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 03:17 PM
Yep, it was a real classy touch to post that carp in a thread speaking in reverence of our fallen.

olevetonahill
8/2/2009, 03:21 PM
I think the current makeup of the board has a lot to do with you being able to do this crap:

and get away with it. A lot of people have been run off by these attitudes.

How about YOU Copy/pasting from a Locked thread in order to keep the Pot stirred
thought that was a No No . guess it is for Some posters But not all :rolleyes:

AggieTool
8/2/2009, 03:27 PM
Whhhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!:(

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 03:33 PM
And may I repeat my last post in this thread. Come on fellas! This isn't the thread to act like that! :mad:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2009, 03:34 PM
The thread for reverence to the fallen is located in another thread....not this one buddy

Curly Bill
8/2/2009, 03:36 PM
AggieTool brings to mind the question: why do some kids think it's actually cool to act like the stupidest kid in school?

...and the secondary question: why do some people never outgrow that?

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 03:43 PM
The thread for reverence to the fallen is located in another thread....not this one buddy

This thread tied directly into that other thread, until the last few posts, buddy.

Oh well. Just like any other I guess. Let the slap fight continue. See ya!!

StoopTroup
8/2/2009, 03:46 PM
And may I repeat my last post in this thread. Come on fellas! This isn't the thread to act like that! :mad:

Well....although I agree with Olevet about a thread honoring the Fallen should get more notice....I do think this thread was started to get some response as to why some folks act like kindergartners.

It seems to have those same bunch pissing all over everyone who does care even though this thread was probably intended to sway more folks to join in the threads.

Sometimes I refrain from such threads as I don't wish to say the wrong thing and have something taken wrong. Then I have to defend my feelings even though I never served. I have had family and dear friends and even many a co-coworker in the service and never intend to take away from what they offered to our Country.

I agree that enough can't be done....I just feel more comfortable letting a Soldier or a Vet tell the stories.

God Bless the fallen.

ST

JLEW1818
8/2/2009, 04:03 PM
yup

beer4me
8/2/2009, 04:30 PM
Part of the problem with it over here IMO is you have a bunch of 15 to 28's year olds that have never served and has no clue as to what it means.

Curly Bill
8/2/2009, 04:32 PM
Part of the problem with it over here IMO is you have a bunch of 15 to 28's year olds that have never served and has no clue as to what it means.

Well yeah, but they have all the answers. :rolleyes:

Just ask some of em.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2009, 04:33 PM
IMO that is stupid. Most of this board isn't 15 to 28 year olds...

beer4me
8/2/2009, 04:52 PM
IMO that is stupid. Most of this board isn't 15 to 28 year olds...

In the words of Melvin Udall (with some slight changing of dialog)

"I see the posts, it's a judgement call"

If they aren't 15 to 28 then this country is in sadder shape than I thought.

Also don't care if you think it is stupid.

sooner ngintunr
8/2/2009, 04:59 PM
I think most posters on here are >28.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/2/2009, 05:31 PM
My issue is with blaming the 15 to 28 year olds for everything wrong. How many of the current 15 to 28 year old people spit in the faces of returning Vietnam Veterans faces? My dad was in the United States Army. Why? He was poor and he didn't want to stay that way. My dad started with absolutely nothing and because of the Army he had a chance to show the world that he wasn't nothing, not just another poor welfare bum coasting off the system. I would be willing to bet that probably 90% of the military is made up of people like that. Our Military on all levels deserves the highest praise.

Sooner04
8/2/2009, 05:56 PM
Yep, it was a real classy touch to post that carp in a thread speaking in reverence of our fallen.
I believe you're referring to this (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132829) thread.

SoonerStormchaser
8/2/2009, 06:14 PM

Well, I'm 26...statement= false!

beer4me
8/2/2009, 06:41 PM
My issue is with blaming the 15 to 28 year olds for everything wrong. How many of the current 15 to 28 year old people spit in the faces of returning Vietnam Veterans faces? My dad was in the United States Army. Why? He was poor and he didn't want to stay that way. My dad started with absolutely nothing and because of the Army he had a chance to show the world that he wasn't nothing, not just another poor welfare bum coasting off the system. I would be willing to bet that probably 90% of the military is made up of people like that. Our Military on all levels deserves the highest praise.

Dude I am in the same boat I started out penny less the military is what got me on my feet.

If you would read my post that is exactly what I was refering to. I will slam anybody that bad mouths our military period and does not honor them which this thread is all about. Please take some context with anything you post.

I have served and am still serving my oldest son served my youngest son it still serving and headed back to Iraq for his third tour in Oct so if you think I was saying anything against them then I suggest you back up the cart.

My post was in direct response to the OP that could not understand why so few posts on a topic that people should respect.

I agree with OP I don't understand why so few cares.

You state "MY DAD" that shows my point YOU didn't serve or at least your post implies that.

I like your dad did and even though not in uniform still do serve.

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 06:42 PM
I believe you're referring to this (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132829) thread.

Thanks, but we already cleared that up, Scooter. Start at the beginning of the thread next time. ;)

Lott's Bandana
8/2/2009, 07:28 PM

carry on

I get what you are sayin my friend, but the thread about our Fallen returning home is also on our news, the internet and in the paper.

"jaun" is not.

Therefore:

"Oh look! A car wreck!!"

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 08:12 PM
I get what you are sayin my friend, but the thread about our Fallen returning home is also on our news, the internet and in the paper.

"jaun" is not.

Therefore:

"Oh look! A train wreck!!"

Fixed!

SoonerStormchaser
8/2/2009, 08:17 PM
Fixed!

Fixed

AggieTool
8/2/2009, 08:18 PM

I agree.

There's also a bunch of 29-70 year olds that whine like 12 year olds.:D

:D

AggieTool
8/2/2009, 08:19 PM
Fixed

Yes you are.:D

Just like my dawg.:P

Lott's Bandana
8/2/2009, 10:49 PM
Yes you are.:D

Just like my dawg.:P

I am.

The Navy did it for free.

SCOUT
8/2/2009, 11:16 PM
I agree with OP I don't understand why so few cares.

You state "MY DAD" that shows my point YOU didn't serve or at least your post implies that.

I like your dad did and even though not in uniform still do serve.

I am going to reply to this post with white gloves. beer4me, I don't know you at all, and you surely don't know me. If you take a moment and look back at my previous posts, you will find that I am a staunch supporter of our military.

With that said, I am one of the people who viewed the "Welcome Home..." thread without posting. My reason for not posting in it is twofold. First, I just don't post that often. Second, the posts from Military Veterans said more than someone like me could have ever added. Diluting the topic doesn't honor him more IMO. It doesn't mean that I don't care. In fact, it means that I care enough not to dirty up a thread with inane chatter.

My DAD did serve and I did not. My generation got lucky and I am grateful for that. I did not serve in the military and have, on this board, expressed my gratitude who have done so for me. However, my generation, people outside of the military, do serve this country. I am not saying the contribution is on the same level, but please do not dismiss civilians supporting the military so wholeheartedly.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/3/2009, 12:44 AM
AggieTool brings to mind the question: why do some kids think it's actually cool to act like the stupidest kid in school?

...and the secondary question: why do some people never outgrow that?Why are we generally not as hard on aggy as we are the whorns who intrude here? God knows they deserve it!

Cam
8/4/2009, 10:12 AM
I am going to reply to this post with white gloves. beer4me, I don't know you at all, and you surely don't know me. If you take a moment and look back at my previous posts, you will find that I am a staunch supporter of our military.

With that said, I am one of the people who viewed the "Welcome Home..." thread without posting. My reason for not posting in it is twofold. First, I just don't post that often. Second, the posts from Military Veterans said more than someone like me could have ever added. Diluting the topic doesn't honor him more IMO. It doesn't mean that I don't care. In fact, it means that I care enough not to dirty up a thread with inane chatter.

My DAD did serve and I did not. My generation got lucky and I am grateful for that. I did not serve in the military and have, on this board, expressed my gratitude who have done so for me. However, my generation, people outside of the military, do serve this country. I am not saying the contribution is on the same level, but please do not dismiss civilians supporting the military so wholeheartedly.

Many good points made in this post.

My Opinion Matters
8/4/2009, 10:16 AM
Wahhhh I'm Olevet wahhhhhhhh.

Collier11
8/4/2009, 12:32 PM
youre Olevet? Im confused, is this like single white booze drinker

Pricetag
8/4/2009, 12:44 PM
I also did not post. Vet talked about how many want to honor with their mouths, but not their hearts. IMO, adding a "prayers sent" post to that thread does not ensure the latter, and very well could be the former.

We should all look up to those who have served this country in the armed forces. They should never look down on those of us who have not.

stoopified
8/4/2009, 04:07 PM
My internet has been down Vet,I'll check it out now.I did read the story in The Transcript however.

P.S. U R correct.

olevetonahill
8/4/2009, 07:40 PM
I also did not post. Vet talked about how many want to honor with their mouths, but not their hearts. IMO, adding a "prayers sent" post to that thread does not ensure the latter, and very well could be the former.

We should all look up to those who have served this country in the armed forces. They should never look down on those of us who have not.

I Have never looked Down on anyone for NOT serving
I just aint got Much use for those who spit on us when we came home. Not sayin any here have done that but There have been a few who have Dissed our service Men and Women and Our Country.

CK Sooner
8/4/2009, 07:42 PM
Wahhhh I'm Olevet wahhhhhhhh.

Luckily, your opinion doesn't matter.

Curly Bill
8/4/2009, 11:56 PM
Luckily, your opinion doesn't matter.

Don't feed the troll.

Crucifax Autumn
8/5/2009, 04:25 AM
I ate the troll on a tortilla with cheese and sour cream. Yummy!

Sooner in Tampa
8/5/2009, 10:35 AM
Don't feed the liberal pussified troll.

Fixed