PDA

View Full Version : pontoon boat

OUHOMER
8/2/2009, 09:50 AM
I am thinking about buying one. But its like shopping for a car. tons of options and prices.

But it looks like if you buy a new one, it takes a big value hit.

I think used is the way to go, besides i am afraid it would be parked next to the travel trailer that i dont have time to use :mad:

I am trying to find more time to get to the lake.

anyway, anybody have a pontoon boat that can advise what they like or dislike about them?

looking for more of a pleasure cruiser than for fishing, even tho i will be doing a lot of fishing off of it.
i do know to get a 90 hp motor or larger.

:pop:

AggieTool
8/2/2009, 10:02 AM
A buddy of mine bought one that is fiberglass. It has all the same stuff, but it moves through the water easier.

I'll see if I can find the brand.

Okla-homey
8/2/2009, 01:26 PM
I'll say this. They are easy to swamp. Make sure you keep most of the weight aft of the CG when underway. Trust me on this.:eek:

StoopTroup
8/2/2009, 03:35 PM
Trust Homey...he knows what he's talking about. :D

http://www.blackmountain.co.uk/whitewater/Raft%20Photos/raft-ended.jpg

Okla-homey
8/2/2009, 04:19 PM
I was with my brother and his family when he submarined one. Lots of bodies up forward + cruisng speed + crossing a wake = bow plunges, dooshing out everything and everybody. Every item not tied down went overboard.

SoCal
8/2/2009, 05:05 PM
www.aquapatioboats.com

Lott's Bandana
8/2/2009, 05:24 PM
The benefits to that kind of boat are obvious.

What isn't intuitive is when, on the rare occasion the wind blows right dab in the middle of Oklahoma :D, you have to try to keep it anchored, or trolling or the worse thing...getting it trailered on an east/west ramp. Something to think about.

OUHOMER
8/2/2009, 05:56 PM
I really like the construction of these, they seemed to be priced right.
http://www.verandamarine.com/home.php

walkoffsooner
8/2/2009, 07:20 PM
It will be the second greatest day of a boat owners life. The first is when you sell it.

CrimsonJim
8/2/2009, 08:29 PM
Break
Out
Another
Thousand

That is all.

85Sooner
8/3/2009, 08:32 AM
Bennington and premier are built the best and hold their value pretty well if they are 22ft or longer. and with some power 150 hp or more. Suntracker is the most popular but does not hold up as well over time.