PDA

View Full Version : **Funny People - The Flick**

Lott's Bandana
8/1/2009, 09:40 PM
Saw it at the Warren last night.

Normally can't tolerate Sandler, but he was actually very good and could act.

The movie is really like two movies, one is 1:45 long and the other about :45 mins...yes, it is that long. Too long.

The "first movie" is excellent with great cameos, including a great scene with Marshall Mathers (Eminem) and Ray Romano.

The "second movie" didn't need to be filmed. Jus sayin.

It's very funny but don't go see it with your 13 year old daughter...you both will squirm at the standup jokes.

There is a scene at the beginning at an Otto's BBQ in SoCal where you can see the menu items and one is "Oklahoma Pork Ribs" or something like that...later in the movie the same menu board no longer says that. Just some triv.

If you like the other movies like this, "I Love You Man" "40 Year-Old Virgin", etc....you'll like this one. However, it actually does have a rather thoughtful plot (the "first movie") and is a pretty clever concept. The "second movie" is a bit much and was like when your really good coffee gets cold.

Boomer.....
8/3/2009, 08:17 AM
Sandler was also very good in Reign Over Me.

StoopTroup
8/3/2009, 08:27 AM
Sandler can't act?

"The Price is WRONG BITCH!"...then being able to kick Bob Barkers *** without cracking up...now that is acting my friend. :D

badger
8/3/2009, 08:29 AM
It was said... on Wikipedia I think... that Bob Barker didn't want to fight Adam Sandler... till he learned that he was scripted to win the fight. :D

Lott's Bandana
8/3/2009, 08:34 AM
Sandler can't act?

"The Price is WRONG BITCH!"...then being able to kick Bob Barkers *** without cracking up...now that is acting my friend. :D

You do have a point there, G. And...I do like that movie.