PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time that OU was...

Dan Thompson
7/31/2009, 03:00 PM
I am watching the 2008 #1 USC play non-ranked Oregon St on the road.

At half-time the score is 21-0 Oregon St.

So I was think when was the last time OU was ranked #1 and was shutout in
the first half and losing by 21 points?

I would be suprised if it ever happened.

BTW there is a post on here about USC being the team of the decade.

bstuff1979
7/31/2009, 06:56 PM
I think the only game that even comes close was Tulsa in '3? Could be wrong on the year. OU was up @ the half, but it wasn't by much.

IronHorseSooner
8/1/2009, 03:50 AM
I think the only game that even comes close was Tulsa in '3? Could be wrong on the year. OU was up @ the half, but it wasn't by much.

It was 2002. 3-0 was the halftime score.

Dan Thompson
8/1/2009, 11:04 AM
It didn't get much better for #1. They scored two TDs in the 3rd, but OSU shut them out in the 4th qtr.

In other words, the team of the decade was #1 and shut out for 3 qtrs against an unranked OSU.

I hate SUC more than saxet.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2009, 11:27 AM
In 1975, we were down 3-7 at halftime, but lost to Kansas 3-23, and we were ranked #1 at the time.

the most befuddling game I've ever seen. we had 4 lost fumbles and 4 interceptions to zero turnovers for the Jayhawks.

XingTheRubicon
8/2/2009, 08:16 AM
I remember being down 38-10 at half ranked #2

SPuL
8/2/2009, 11:17 AM
We were down 21-7 in the big 12 title game to Kansas state in 2003. That was when people were arguing whether OU was the best team ever.

Kansas State was #13 tho going into the game.

goingoneight
8/2/2009, 03:31 PM
Big difference is JW was injured and KSU was pretty damb good in their own right that year.

ouduckhunter
8/2/2009, 03:31 PM
I can't answer your question about OU, but I was at that USC - Oregon State game. It was great! Before the game the USC players were running around the outside of the stadium acting like studs signing autographs, etc. Once the game started USC never knew what hit them. We could see Pete Carroll going ballistic on the sidelines, and we just laughed! We didn't sit down the entire game and screamed our heads off for the Beavers! We knew that game was going to change the direction of the entire 2008 college football season, and boy did it ever!

SPuL
8/2/2009, 04:12 PM
Big difference is JW was injured and KSU was pretty damb good in their own right that year.

True but with the way we entered the game. People putting the game as a formality, considered greatest team ever. Our defense, offense everything seemed to be unmatched.

Then everything just blew up in our faces. It was still pretty shocking. But like you said, KSU was a pretty good team that year. But at time, nobody gave them a chance