PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stadium

SteelClip49
7/31/2009, 01:43 PM
Should be the permanent site for the BCS Title Game. There is no other stadium that can match this one's greatness. Keep the 4 other BCS games like they are.

- Permanent home of the Dallas Cowdungs obviously
- Permament home of the Cotton Bowl Classic
- Permanent home of the Big XII Championship Game
- Permanent home of the BCS Title Game

madillsoonerfan5353
7/31/2009, 04:18 PM
The Cotton Bowl Classic should be an outside game IMO!

auto
7/31/2009, 05:42 PM
That statement is so full of fail. Jerral is that you?

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2009, 08:47 AM

Me too. But they've already moved it to JJW.

MichiganSooner
8/1/2009, 10:36 AM
Just wonderin...about 2030, does anybody think that JerrysWorld will be imploded because "it is gettin old and too old fashioned for the NFL"? You know, "we need a subsidy to build a new $4 billion stadium just so we can keep up and compete in our league".

bluedogok
8/1/2009, 01:59 PM
I think the "super" stadium building spree is over for quite awhile, 2040 will probably be the next phase. It took 38 years to replace Texas Stadium, 34 years to replace Giants Stadium and most of the other stadiums that were replaced in recent years were of a similar age.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/1/2009, 03:28 PM
Me too. But they've already moved it to JJW.

I know that sucks! I just hope that the OU-texas game doesn't get moved there!

:(

jumperstop
8/1/2009, 03:40 PM
I know that sucks! I just hope that the OU-*Texas* game doesn't get moved there!

:(

There will be a lot of pissed fans if that happens.

SeattleOUstudent
8/1/2009, 03:47 PM

If you want the Cotton Bowl a figure in the national championship rotation, then it needs a roof. BCS doesnt want ANY risk of bad weather. Early Jan in Dallas is usually sketchy. Besides, it has a hole in the roof.

Soonerfan88
8/2/2009, 10:00 PM
I'm going to wait until after the BYU game before I get too excited about this stadium. So far, looks like nothing more than a huge screen and I can do that at home for a lot less money.

So far I'm not happy about $40 parking with limited tailgating (extra $$) or the crappy seating of OU's allotment at the BYU game. And if concession prices truly are as ridiculous as reported, I'll stay with the KC/San Antonio rotation thanks.

And I don't trust Jerry as far as I can throw Blobert so REALLY don't want the RRS going up there. I just know that he'll find a way in the small print to get around any promises of 50/50 split and again give the best seats to corporations & Cowboys bigwigs.

BajaOklahoma
8/2/2009, 11:27 PM
We drove to the stadium today, just to check out the tailgating area for our lot. I was told that the tailgate parking was around the out edge of each parking lot, with tailgating only allowed on the grass area in front of the vehicles. I hope they mean that we get to tailgate on what looks like a grass parking area, with the concrete curbs to help identify the space, while parkingn in the center area. If it is the first, then I wasted my money since they planted trees (with stakes) around the outside edge of the lot. No space to tailgate.

I have left a message at the stadium and hope to hear back Monday morning.

JLEW1818
8/2/2009, 11:30 PM
sounds good, i was giving a tailgating pass. let me know any updates please !

ThatGuy65
8/2/2009, 11:37 PM

If you open the roof and the 180 ft doors on each end, the Cowboys stadium is basically outside.

auto
8/3/2009, 07:02 AM
If you open the roof and the 180 ft doors on each end, the Cowboys stadium is basically outside.

Yeah, really think they are going to keep them open if the weather gets too cold for the panies?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/3/2009, 07:26 AM
I am not tasting the flavor of the Jerry's World Kool-aid. Sorry. I know it is nice, but football is meant to be played outdoors and the price of these stadiums are passed on to the fans in the way of higher ticket prices and $9 beers. Sure, a nice stadium is great, but like someone said earlier, in 30 years it will be just another stadium since so many will have outdone them.

badger
8/3/2009, 07:50 AM
So when you say you want Dallas to be the permanent home of the championship game, what you're really saying is you're sick and tired of playing the championships in SEC country against SEC teams