PDA

View Full Version : Dallas for Big 12 Championship Game

cahusker
7/30/2009, 10:56 AM
Honest opinions. I am sure most of you would be in favor of this but do you really think it is fair? I do not. I would rather it be rotated or the highest ranked team be the host.

Widescreen
7/30/2009, 10:57 AM
I'd like it since I live in the Dallas area. But I'm OK with it rotating. I just wish that rotation didn't include having to play in the frozen tundra every other year.

soonervegas
7/30/2009, 10:57 AM
Rotated between Dallas and KC and I would be perfectly happy. I know others hate KC, but that's how football is meant to be played.

flopshotjoe99
7/30/2009, 11:08 AM
The drive is only 15 minutes when it's in Dallas.:)

SteelClip49
7/30/2009, 11:25 AM
Big 12 Basketball Tournament permanently in Kansas City

Big 12 Baseball Tournament permanently in Oklahoma City

Big 12 Championship Game permanently in Cowdungs Stadium

TheUnnamedSooner
7/30/2009, 11:27 AM
I think it's fair to rotate it. KC has been very good (for the most part) to us Sooners.

bent rider
7/30/2009, 11:36 AM
Honest opinions. I am sure most of you would be in favor of this but do you really think it is fair? I do not. I would rather it be rotated or the highest ranked team be the host.

I have seen sports reporters this week all a-ga-ga over the new stadium, but what strings are attached? Would the Cowboys seat-license holders get ticket priority? I'm sure its not inexpensive for the conference to use -- would that affect revenue to the conference, ticket prices to the fans?

badger
7/30/2009, 11:43 AM
Its such a huge economic impact that no one state should be able to hog the benefit of hosting the game/tourney repeatedly.

Also, the game/tourney should not be solely in big 12 north or big 12 south country.

I like the current rotation just fine... especially when they come to OKC :D

ouleaf
7/30/2009, 11:52 AM
I think they will go back to a rotation eventually. There is just soooo much excitement and build up about the new Cowboy Stadium, that you almost have to have the game there.

Sooner98
7/30/2009, 11:53 AM
Rotated between Dallas and KC and I would be perfectly happy. I know others hate KC, but that's how football is meant to be played.

Maybe that's how it's meant to be played, but nearly dying of hypothermia, or losing extremities to frostbite, is not how it is meant to be watched.

OULenexaman
7/30/2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe that's how it's meant to be played, but nearly dying of hypothermia, or losing extremities to frostbite, is not how it is meant to be watched.

You should try a Bears game at Soldier Field in late December....wind blowing in off Lake Michigan....:hot:

auto
7/30/2009, 12:09 PM
I'd like it since I live in the Dallas area. But I'm OK with it rotating. I just wish that rotation didn't include having to play in the frozen tundra every other year.

I live in Dallas, and will not go to a game at Jerry World. Arlington sucks, and I am not giving one dime to Jerral. KC or SA absolutely. Going to OU-KSU, OU-TX, not a chance for Jerral.

auto
7/30/2009, 12:11 PM

Grow a pair and cowboy up. I have spent many nights out at -20 or colder. Can't hack 3.5 hours in 20 degree weather?:pop:

cahusker
7/30/2009, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=bent rider;2654359] Would the Cowboys seat-license holders get ticket priority? QUOTE] Yes, I heard 20,000 to each school the rest would be offered to Cowboy season seat holders first. Gee, I wonder if that would favor any one school?

mobilesteve
7/30/2009, 12:17 PM
Grow a pair and cowboy up. I have spent many nights out at -20 or colder. Can't hack 3.5 hours in 20 degree weather?:pop:

I love KC as the location. Cold hasn't hurt us yet. (I wish the cold was the reason we lost to KSU). I think rotating is the way to go. Dallas and KC would be my choices.

Then again, look where I live so 20's can seem balmy.

auto
7/30/2009, 12:20 PM
I love KC as the location. Cold hasn't hurt us yet. (I wish the cold was the reason we lost to KSU). I think rotating is the way to go. Dallas and KC would be my choices.

Then again, look where I live so 20's can seem balmy.

I would prefer SA and KC. I grew up in Alaksa:D Slightly cold in the winter time.

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 12:38 PM
I don't see a problem with rotating.
Norman in even years.
And in odd years.....Norman.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/30/2009, 12:48 PM
I would like to see it back at Reliant. That stadium isn't shabby and Houston weather in December is awesome!

jumperstop
7/30/2009, 01:00 PM
I like SA and i'm sure i'll like dallas, but KC can get really cold. I just wish they would build some larger indoor stadiums up north. Lets move Reliant stadium to Nebraska.

budbarrybob
7/30/2009, 02:50 PM

Exactyly how is it unfair? It's not a tourney. If OU gets in the B12 CCG, I think its a definite ADvantage! This is our primary recruiting state so more action there the better. If OU is NOT in the B12 CCG who cares where it is at... its not like we'll ever play Texas in the Dungdome for a CCG. I say have it there EVERY year.
Besides, these games have to be decided well before the last week of the regular season as you suggest. Hotels anyone? Could you imagine if OSU won the B12 south??? then the B12 CCG would be in stoolwater. I'm sure it would be the first CCG ever to have half the seats still empty.

JLEW1818
7/30/2009, 02:52 PM
Kansas sucks, everything about it

bent rider
7/30/2009, 03:02 PM
Kansas sucks, everything about it

Even the part in Missouri?

JLEW1818
7/30/2009, 03:06 PM
lol, should have said "Kansas City"

bent rider
7/30/2009, 03:24 PM
lol, should have said "Kansas City"

it is kinda lame to have a Kansas City in Missouri. I mean, we wouldn't stand for having an Oklahoma City, Texas. Or an Arkansas City, Kansas, no, wait!, that's Ar-kansas City, no, wait, Kansas does suck.

oudivesherpa
7/30/2009, 04:29 PM
I would like to see it back at Reliant. That stadium isn't shabby and Houston weather in December is awesome!

Relaint stadium would be nice for the Houston Alumni.

The only thnig we get that's close is a trip to aggie land every other year.
Have you ever been to Aggie Land, it's like a trip to Okie State only the Sheep are bigger.

JLEW1818
7/30/2009, 04:36 PM
Relaint stadium would be nice for the Houston Alumni.

The only thnig we get that's close is a trip to aggie land every other year.
Have you ever been to Aggie Land, it's like a trip to Okie State only the Sheep are bigger.

lol, been to aggie land the last 2 games... them aggies are goofy on tradition. they did give me free beer at the Frat pregame tho...:cool:

Statalyzer
7/30/2009, 05:03 PM

You gotta be kidding me. This is football, not the cirque du soleil.

cjames317
7/30/2009, 05:15 PM
Cowboys Stadium gets my vote for permanent home. OUr team deserves the biggest and newest stadium, especially since they've made the Championship game their personal playpen. Just wait till you get an eyeful and earful on Sept. 5.

Widescreen
7/30/2009, 06:39 PM
You gotta be kidding me. This is football, not the cirque du soleil.

What do you care? Texas hardly ever makes the championship game anyway.

bluedogok
7/30/2009, 08:45 PM
I have seen sports reporters this week all a-ga-ga over the new stadium, but what strings are attached? Would the Cowboys seat-license holders get ticket priority? I'm sure its not inexpensive for the conference to use -- would that affect revenue to the conference, ticket prices to the fans?
I don't think the conference is paying rent for the stadium for football championship games, in fact I think they are getting money from whatever group is promoting the game for the facility.

Would the Cowboys seat-license holders get ticket priority?
Yes, I heard 20,000 to each school the rest would be offered to Cowboy season seat holders first. Gee, I wonder if that would favor any one school?
I don't think it favors any one particular school but I do think it would favor the south teams a little more outside of Nebraska. The Huskers travel well and I see cars with their stuff on them all over Texas, I also have a Husker co-worker so there isn't exactly a shortage of them here. I do see more OU stuff here in Austin but I see more Husker related decoration than OSU.

bent rider
7/30/2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think the conference is paying rent for the stadium for football championship games, in fact I think they are getting money from whatever group is promoting the game for the facility.

In the net, yes. But net is income minus expense. The extra expense comes out of the top line.

I don't think it favors any one particular school but I do think it would favor the south teams a little more outside of Nebraska. The Huskers travel well and I see cars with their stuff on them all over *Texas*, I also have a Husker co-worker so there isn't exactly a shortage of them here. I do see more OU stuff here in Austin but I see more Husker related decoration than OSU.

Personally I wasn't thinking about favoring any one team, just general availability of tix for fans of either team, or Big12 college football fans rather than the NFL Cowboys' fans - granted, the intersection is not null.

SoonerJack
7/31/2009, 07:46 AM
Cowboys Stadium gets my vote for permanent home. OUr team deserves the biggest and newest stadium, especially since they've made the Championship game their personal playpen. Just wait till you get an eyeful and earful on Sept. 5.

No way. Rotate it between KC and one of the domed stadia in baja Oklahoma.

soonerfan28
7/31/2009, 09:11 AM
I say we just make it a home game for OU every year.:D

SoonerBacker
7/31/2009, 09:24 AM
Rotate it. There is no way that the north division teams would agree to playing that game that far into the South division every year.

Now, if we could get them to agree to play it in Norman every year? I'd go for that. We could always argue that it is more "centrally located."

soonerfan28
7/31/2009, 09:25 AM
We could always argue that it is more "centrally located."

And we're in it every year.

Dio
7/31/2009, 09:53 AM
Big 12 Basketball Tournament permanently in Kansas City

Big 12 Baseball Tournament permanently in Oklahoma City

Big 12 Championship Game permanently in Cowdungs Stadium

After '88, I'd be fine with never having another conference event in KC, ever.

Dio
7/31/2009, 09:54 AM
I think it's fair to rotate it. KC has been very good (for the most part) to us Sooners.

As long as we're not on the front row of the K-State section, right?

TheUnnamedSooner
7/31/2009, 10:18 AM
As long as we're not on the front row of the K-State section, right?

Yeah, something like that.

soonervegas
7/31/2009, 12:39 PM
Looks like some of you "upper crust" fans who don't like football in anything other than a sterile environment may get your wish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/07/28/Big12.championship.ap/index.html

Maybe you can finally get your wish to get OU/Texas moved to home and home as well. ;)

auto
7/31/2009, 02:00 PM
Looks like some of you "upper crust" fans who don't like football in anything other than a sterile environment may get your wish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/07/28/Big12.championship.ap/index.html

Maybe you can finally get your wish to get OU/*Texas* moved to home and home as well. ;)

That just makes the baby Jesus cry:(

bringit
7/31/2009, 03:29 PM
I'm all for it being in DFW every year. Or better yet, just discontinue the championship game altogether.

bringit
7/31/2009, 03:56 PM
http://shop.dallascowboys.com//CatalogImages/Product-211.png

swardboy
7/31/2009, 04:10 PM
Biggest reason for a permanent dfw location: Annual exposure to the great recruiting fields in Tejas.

Why does St. Louis' domed stadium not get any mention?