PDA

View Full Version : No LA Sooner Video this year and for good reason

Collier11
7/30/2009, 12:50 AM
LA has always blessed us with his amazing videos and we had hoped that we would get one this yr but unfortunately we will not. If you read this thread and look at the pics you will understand why. God Bless LA and congrats!!!

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116541

Sirus
7/30/2009, 02:49 AM
Umm,,, a subscription to view the article/thread?

85sooners
7/30/2009, 04:03 AM
:gary:

SeattleOUstudent
7/30/2009, 07:52 AM
LA has always blessed us with his amazing videos and we had hoped that we would get one this yr but unfortunately we will not. If you read this thread and look at the pics you will understand why. God Bless LA and congrats!!!

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116541

Guess you will just have to take the time to explain and post :)

SoonersEnFuego
7/30/2009, 08:00 AM
Umm,,, a subscription to view the article/thread?
It's free. Just do it.

goingoneight
7/30/2009, 08:15 AM
Doesn't matter to me. If he can't do it, he can't do it. Same for if he doesn't want to do one, too.

Collier11
7/30/2009, 08:28 AM
It is free, I will paste his post but you wont be able to see his little boys pics

"Meet my son, John Andrew McGinley V

He was born April 10th 1lb 5 ounces and was roughly as big as my hand, early at 24 weeks. For those of you unfamiliar with human gestation. A full term baby stays in his mother for 40 weeks. At the time it did not look good for little Johnny, his lungs had not yet formed completely, his eyes were still fused shut and his skin had basically not yet formed. He was near death many times in those first few weeks, and we went to the hospital every single day not sure if that was going to be his last day. Everyone in my personal circle prayed for him or just generally sent positive thoughts his direction, following his growth with my emails, photos and videos. The doctors and nurses who are prone to maintaining an even keel about such things have said, "His growth has been nothing short of a true miracle." Babies in better shape than Johnny, have not made it in the 3 1/2 months since his emergency birth. I am happy to say Johnny's original delivery date passed this last Friday, and he is now 6 lbs 2 ounces. He's still on an oxygen tank, but it's is on the lowest setting and he's eating like a horse. Every obstacle that was put in front of him was overcome, sometimes just on a pure 'will to live' alone. He is the most fierce creature I've ever met. In a world where you see people throwing their lives away, here's a little guy who is fighting with every fiber of his being to live. He is 3 months old and he is my hero.

Tomorrow, He is coming home. He still has his oxygen tank, but the NICU staff feels he will probably not need it in a few months. I've spent every night since April at the hospital feeding him, talking to him, learning who he is and how to take care of him. So for that reason I was not able to make an OU season video this year. When you see this face, knowing what he's been though, you can see it was worth it.

The NICU nurses love him so much, one of them knitted him a blanket in OU colors."

Jello Biafra
7/30/2009, 08:43 AM
It is free, I will paste his post but you wont be able to see his little boys pics

"Meet my son, John Andrew McGinley V

He was born April 10th 1lb 5 ounces and was roughly as big as my hand, early at 24 weeks. For those of you unfamiliar with human gestation. A full term baby stays in his mother for 40 weeks. At the time it did not look good for little Johnny, his lungs had not yet formed completely, his eyes were still fused shut and his skin had basically not yet formed. He was near death many times in those first few weeks, and we went to the hospital every single day not sure if that was going to be his last day. Everyone in my personal circle prayed for him or just generally sent positive thoughts his direction, following his growth with my emails, photos and videos. The doctors and nurses who are prone to maintaining an even keel about such things have said, "His growth has been nothing short of a true miracle." Babies in better shape than Johnny, have not made it in the 3 1/2 months since his emergency birth. I am happy to say Johnny's original delivery date passed this last Friday, and he is now 6 lbs 2 ounces. He's still on an oxygen tank, but it's is on the lowest setting and he's eating like a horse. Every obstacle that was put in front of him was overcome, sometimes just on a pure 'will to live' alone. He is the most fierce creature I've ever met. In a world where you see people throwing their lives away, here's a little guy who is fighting with every fiber of his being to live. He is 3 months old and he is my hero.

Tomorrow, He is coming home. He still has his oxygen tank, but the NICU staff feels he will probably not need it in a few months. I've spent every night since April at the hospital feeding him, talking to him, learning who he is and how to take care of him. So for that reason I was not able to make an OU season video this year. When you see this face, knowing what he's been though, you can see it was worth it.

The NICU nurses love him so much, one of them knitted him a blanket in OU colors."

good for him. my wife is a NICU nurse here in the City. those folks do get attached to those kids and suffer and grieve right along with the parents. he has better things to do than feed vidoes to you animals ;)

soonerfan28
7/30/2009, 08:44 AM
Those are some pretty nice pics. That boy looked pretty chunky at the end of that thread. Must have a great guardian angel.

badger
7/30/2009, 08:45 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and five-star this and wish baby Johnny the best... and pray that as he grows into a healthy little kid that he doesn't take up fandom of any LA-area schools :D

Collier11
7/30/2009, 08:48 AM
^^^ Thats what im sayin

BoomerSooner, esq.
7/30/2009, 10:50 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing. OUr prayers are with little Johnny and the family

Hot Rod
7/30/2009, 10:54 AM
Prayers with Jr. LA and fam. However, appreciate his recap of the seasons.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/30/2009, 11:19 AM
Definitely prayers to him & his baby. My family has experienced early births twice (both 21 w 2 d), both ending very differently.

This is one of those times you see God at work. What a blessing in a bundle!

ps i still want the video

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 01:00 PM
Some "Sooner Magic" in L.A. Proof that God is a Sooner fan.

Hopefully the little guy will be editing videos in no time and we will have our next generation of awesome LAS videos lined out for years to come. :)

Seamus
7/30/2009, 01:08 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and five-star this and wish baby Johnny the best... and pray that as he grows into a healthy little kid that he doesn't take up fandom of any LA-area schools :D

^^^ This.

olevetonahill
7/30/2009, 01:14 PM

And some Duosh 1 stared it :mad:
I hit it with a 5 also

soonerloyal
7/30/2009, 10:10 PM
One look at that sweet face more than makes up for a lack of video. He's a blessing, for sure.

Wishing Johnny and Family the best, and sending prayers for continued health and happiness. I was a preemie myself, as were two of my three boys. One isn't Goliath, but he didn't have a problem hauling hundreds of lbs. of hoses as a Marine Firefighter, and he's getting ready to be a LEO. That thar boy of LAS's is gonna be fine, too.

God bless y'all!!

MyT Oklahoma
8/1/2009, 01:02 AM
My daughter was 2 pounds 13 ounces back in 1989. She spent 2 1/2 months in the NCIU in Topeka, KS. For her 20th b-day we went back because they do really enjoy to see the fruits of their works. I wish only the best for the McGinley family and anyone else with a premie baby.

P.S. Thanks for sharing.

RedstickSooner
8/3/2009, 02:32 AM
Some "Sooner Magic" in L.A. Proof that God is a Sooner fan.

Hopefully the little guy will be editing videos in no time and we will have our next generation of awesome LAS videos lined out for years to come. :)

I dunno... If God was a *proper* Sooner fan, I think he would've stuck that puppy in to gestate extra long, so LA would have the time to work on a video, and the need to get away from his enlarged and moody wife by doing so :D

Obviously, it's great news that the little bugger is gettin' bigger, *and* healthier. Nothing harder in the world than having a baby with a medical challenge, as there's so little you can do; yet it's someone for whom you'd do anything.

Mac94
8/3/2009, 09:21 AM
My twin son's were "24 weekers" born back in 1998 at 1 pound 4 ounces and 15.5 ounces. The "larger" boy was given the best chance at surviving but he died after 5 days with massive brain memoraging. The smallest was given zero chance of surviving but he's going strong as he ready's for 5th grade this fall and is being drug off to church camp this week. It's amazing what these little ones can overcome.

LASooner .... God Bless you and your whole family.