PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone ************s

setem
7/29/2009, 08:31 PM
I am in need of a new plan. If any of you work for a wireless company let me know.

Looking at T-Mobile and Sprint right now.

T-Mobile Family Plan w/Favorites - 5 lines 3500 shared min with unlimited texting 5 numbers we can call on any network at any time: $180(Fact I called the t-mobile store today)

Sprint Family Plan - 5 lines 3000 Shared with unlimited texting for $140(not sure it that is a true price I have not talked to anyone yet this is internet research)

Anyone know of any better plans besides saving up tin cans and passing out string?

olevetonahill
7/29/2009, 08:45 PM
Why ya need 5 lines ?
Mine was with Alltel , Now verizon
71 bucks a month , 900 anytime minutes , free nites and weekends and 10 My circle #s
I dont text. hell I can barely type on a ****in keyboard:O

setem
7/29/2009, 08:48 PM
Since I live with my Pops he has given me the responsibility of finding us a new service. My father 2 sisters her kid and myself will be on the plan.

What did the store look like that you got your phone from?

Reminds me of last week's Simpsons. "Oh my gawd...an outhouse from the future!"

royalfan5
7/29/2009, 08:50 PM
Sprint still owes me 5.39.

GottaHavePride
7/29/2009, 09:30 PM
MAn, sharing 5 lines like that is WAY cheaper than getting a single cell line. That's the reason I'm still sharing with the rest of my family - costs me about 1/3 what it would cost me to get a solo plan.

At any rate, you'll hear many horror stories, but I've only had one problem with Sprint in about 12 years with them. When I went to Sweden, the phone they gave me couldn't call back to the U.S. Which was the whole reason I wanted a phone that would work in Sweden.

If I was switching services, it'd be to Verizon.

Turd_Ferguson
7/29/2009, 09:57 PM
AT&T. End of story. YWIA.

yermom
7/29/2009, 10:13 PM
my only gripe with T-Mobile is that their signal can't penetrate the walls in my building at work.

but i know a lot of people on AT&T with family plans. my brother and grandmother are on my mom's plan for like $10 extra a month each or something

IMO it's hard to beat T-Mobile's 1000 minutes plus unlimited nights and weekends for under $50 (including fees). my plan's old so i don't have the nights and weekends, but my text and internet plan is only $2.99 and i'm not about to sign another contract... i think it's $4 if you get that plan now so it would be more like $52

John Kochtoston
7/29/2009, 10:50 PM
AT&T = the fail. Billing problems galore, and their service penetration succs. I can't get a text out or check scores during games.

Had problems with Sprint a while ago as well.
T-Mobile is the provider I've had the most luck with. Go to the one at 9201 S. Western and ask for Jeff. He's really knowledgeable and will get you a good deal.

SCOUT
7/29/2009, 11:22 PM
AT&T = the fail. Billing problems galore, and their service penetration succs. I can't get a text out or check scores during games.

Had problems with Sprint a while ago as well.
T-Mobile is the provider I've had the most luck with. Go to the one at 9201 S. Western and ask for Jeff. He's really knowledgeable and will get you a good deal.

Thanks Jeff, but I think AT&T is the best provider ;)

John Kochtoston
7/30/2009, 02:32 AM
Thanks Jeff, but I think AT&T is the best provider ;)

I'm not Jeff, but he is a friend. :). Otherwise, I stand by my previous statements. :)